Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Thanks JB.
    I think (hope) this is obfuscation and missdirection, it’s will be a four page comic, if that’s all there is to it.

Did Kurt have a twin sibling? Is that why she felt she had to go back? It doesn't seem like they're trying to write out Azazel as his father. They're retconning enough trying to make Mystique come off more like a considerate mother.

How many men has Mystique slept with while still considering herself married to Destiny?

Oooh... is that Destiny behind Raven also pregnant? Is this going to be a baby switcheroo?

I’m more confused than ever. Is that pregnant maid Destiny? Are there two babies?

Could it be that Mystique was actually impersonating Christian Wagner and Destiny was playing the part of his wife. So Mystique got her pregnant and then when she held Kurt for the first time she changed back into her true form and their cover was blown? They must be planning on retconning the whole thing otherwise what's the point of this one shot?

Why are they making Mystique of all people a more considerate mother?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

I am very interested in this story, is it possible that there is another missing sibling?
    Is it possible that it is someone we know?

So maybe Azazel is still Kurt's dad but Mystique had another kid with Destiny?

It almost feels like the X-Office is trying to turn Mystique and Destiny into the next Harley and Ivy, so Mystique can't be the worst person ever anymore.

Fantastic Member

Destiny was born in 19 century, shouldn't she be too old to conceive and give birth at the time when Kurt was born? And she is blind, so it would be weird for her to be that pregnant maid.

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    Oooh... is that Destiny behind Raven also pregnant? Is this going to be a baby switcheroo?
    I'm wondering too if that's pregnant Destiny in the background. Maybe Raven took on the form of Azazel to do it? My mind is kinda reeling with the possibilities. Now I'm wondering if Raven was even pregnant or if she was just showing as such using her powers? Her memory of it all is so foggy so maybe she truly believed she gave birth.

Or there are indeed two babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    Destiny was born in 19 century, shouldn't she be too old to conceive and give birth at the time when Kurt was born? And she is blind, so it would be weird for her to be that pregnant maid.
    Perhaps some kind of deal with Azazel could fix that?
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Perhaps some kind of deal with Azazel could fix that?
    Hm, so, Azazel used some magic to make Irene capable to conceive with Raven and give birth, and in exchange Raven allowed him to impregnate her and gave birth to Kurt, but since she hadn't cared for Kurt and it was just a deal for her, she abandoned him and returned back to castle to get Irene and their child? Would be quite in character for Raven to act like that.

If there indeed would be a child of Irene and Raven and it is not a new character, then maybe Rogue would be revealed to be their child, whom they left with Rogue's "parents" for some reason and later returned to "adopt" her. Would explain why Raven always cared more about Rogue than Kurt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    It almost feels like the X-Office is trying to turn Mystique and Destiny into the next Harley and Ivy, so Mystique can't be the worst person ever anymore.
    I mean, they’ve been doing that with Mystique since Children of the Atom, and definitely in trying to make inferno some kind of Queen moment was the big giveaway. Ripping off Doctor Who with ‘Mystique was Sherlock Holmes. Watson/Conan Doyle was just a lying bigot’ should have been the final hint on that.

I mean, it’s not remotely as egregious as cooky old uncle poccy and how all his genocides were justified by the holy x-gene or Fang being a rapist; but it is obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    But they're still terrible people. Also kind of like Harley and Ivy .