Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

It's just one issue rigth?
    Yeah! Mystique &Destiny are terrible people, But their soap opera is very entertaining.

I'm wondering too if that's pregnant Destiny in the background. Maybe Raven took on the form of Azazel to do it? My mind is kinda reeling with the possibilities. Now I'm wondering if Raven was even pregnant or if she was just showing as such using her powers? Her memory of it all is so foggy so maybe she truly believed she gave birth.
    I like this theory, Mystica pretending to be pregnant so that Irene's baby will pass for hers and the Count's one.
    Last edited by Ilargi; 11-22-2023 at 03:53 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ilargi View Post
    It's just one issue rigth?
    Yeah! Mystique &Destiny are terrible people, But their soap opera is very entertaining.

I like this theory, Mystica pretending to be pregnant so that Irene's baby will pass for hers and the Count's one.
    And, how do we explain why Irene doesn't remember ever having birthed a baby?

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Does she have anything g to do at all with her grandson??
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Astonishing Member

As well as no mention of her relation to Ruth or Luca since she came back. Irene neglecting to mention she has kids other than Rogue isn't a plothole, its an entire trope.

Plus if it was Mystique pretending to be pregnant, her statement of Azazel abandoning her once he’d left his mark wouldn’t make any sense especially since she wouldn’t have any reason to fake being pregnant for him since she had thought she was in love with him and he’d be with her based on her statement before that.

I'm so tired of her...
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

I feel like they will reveal that Kurt was the child of Irene and Raven and the kid she had with Azazel was someone else entirely that was abandoned. Granted, it will make no sense why Kurt looks so much like Azazel but hey, that's modern Marvel writers for ya!
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I feel like they will reveal that Kurt was the child of Irene and Raven and the kid she had with Azazel was someone else entirely that was abandoned. Granted, it will make no sense why Kurt looks so much like Azazel but hey, that's modern Marvel writers for ya!
    Is the appeal in making Kurt their kid purely because Claremont intended it that way? Aside from issues with Azazel. Because I don't really see the point now.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    As well as no mention of her relation to Ruth or Luca since she came back. Irene neglecting to mention she has kids other than Rogue isn't a plothole, its an entire trope.
    I might be wrong, but have t they confirmed that while Raven is bisexual and has pursued relationships is the breaks with Irene based on feelings/passion/whims, Irene is a lesbian and all her other relationships other than Raven and kids are simply tools/steps in her plans?

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Is the appeal in making Kurt their kid purely because Claremont intended it that way? Aside from issues with Azazel. Because I don't really see the point now.
    For me it would tick multiple boxes:

- It would restore Kurt's origin to what our Lord Claremont intended.

- It would make for a groundbreaking story, with Mystique becoming the first character in comics (and likely not only in comics) to use her shapeshifting powers to impregnate another woman.

- Mystique and Destiny would become one of the few queer couples in comics to have conceived a child. I was going to say "the first" but I'm not sure if that's true, although I can't think of any other examples where the child hasn't been adopted.

- It would detach Kurt from one of the most-derided storylines in the history of X-Men comics aka The Draco.

- Fun character interactions and drama for Kurt and Irene, who's a great character, versus Azazel, who is frankly just boring.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Why are they making Mystique of all people a more considerate mother?
    Probably because of the X-Men movies.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I'm wondering too if that's pregnant Destiny in the background. Maybe Raven took on the form of Azazel to do it? My mind is kinda reeling with the possibilities. Now I'm wondering if Raven was even pregnant or if she was just showing as such using her powers? Her memory of it all is so foggy so maybe she truly believed she gave birth.

Or there are indeed two babies.

Perhaps some kind of deal with Azazel could fix that?
    I love this idea!
    In a world of magic, psychics, and innumerable other methods of modifying memory -- I mean, dealer's choice??

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Same. Though it will be fun watching the Fox news guys losing their sh*t about it, because you know they're gonna.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Probably because of the X-Men movies.
    Yeah.

Rebecca Romijin already made her a somewhat sympathetic character with her few scenes, and Jennifer Lawrence basically made her a superhero.

Funnily enough, the films never connected Kurt to Mystique, despite them sharing scenes in both the original trilogy and First Class timelines.

In the Future Graydon Creed retcon too?

The son of mystique and sabretooth