Extraordinary Member

Default Cyborg #5 Preview

Cyborg #5 Preview
    Writer: Morgan Hampton
    Artist: Tom Raney

How many cartoon references can we fit into one preview?

That's a pretty great Jinx design though. So much so they even gush about her .

Ironic that she's described as having beautiful hair (which is very long!) when she's usually bald! That's a total 180 degree change!

I see this mini is ending the same way as Bendis's Miles Morales Spider-Man run did. That run ended with Miles calling in the Champions to fight a Sinister Six. This story is basically the same, Vic calls in the Titans to deal with this ad hoc Terror Titans (the preview doesn't name the villain team, so that's a guess).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The art kind of reminds me of Perez, very colourful and vibrant.

Incredible Member

Mm.

I'm in.

Morgan Hampton addressed issues I care about regarding the character and hasn't done anything disrespectful . That's enough to earn a purchase in my opinion.
    Don't complain. Create.

I can’t believe it’s taken DC this long to bring elements from the show to the comics. I had been hoping they would revamp Jinx to look more like her cartoon counterpart. I think this is a nice merging of the two very different character designs.

I always felt that she could be Cyborg’s villainous love interest. Kinda like classic Catwoman or Talia are to Batman.

Preview looks nice and I love Jinx's new look, it looks really great in her, and hope it sticks after this mini is over.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Oh this is going to be fun. Just a big brawl.

And hey they finally composited Jinx's comic look with her cartoon look. Long time coming really, we finally got the best of both worlds there.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I can’t believe it’s taken DC this long to bring elements from the show to the comics. I had been hoping they would revamp Jinx to look more like her cartoon counterpart. I think this is a nice merging of the two very different character designs.

I always felt that she could be Cyborg’s villainous love interest. Kinda like classic Catwoman or Talia are to Batman.
    \\\

be better to just hook him up with sarah simms, starfire or donna troy already