Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Power Girl #3 Preview

Power Girl #3 Preview
    Writer: Leah Williams
    Artist: Eduardo Pansica

Extraordinary Member

It'd be nice to see some genuine Power Girl in a Power Girl book for a change. Wonder when that'll happen? Art's nice, though I can't understand why a lion, even with glowing eyes would frighten someone like Power Girl.

It's hard to get into this book with the Power Girl narration. The name change is one thing but the characterization feels so off.

But respect to Omen for rollerblading in a dress. I will continue to thank Williams for using Lilith.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's hard to get into this book with the Power Girl narration. The name change is one thing but the characterization feels so off.

But respect to Omen for rollerblading in a dress. I will continue to thank Williams for using Lilith.
    I've got no problem with using Lilith. I do have a problem with them using her as PG's new BFF out of the blue. They keep trying to force new best friends on PG without putting in any of the work to build it up.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I can't understand why a lion, even with glowing eyes would frighten someone like Power Girl.
    They might want you to find out by reading the story.

But considering the lion at the beginning it's probably gonna be sad.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Williams’s big plan for the character was making her insecure? I’ve gotta stop looking at previews for this, because nothing about this direction makes sense.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Is Lilith telekinetic now as well? has she been before and I just missed it?
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

Spectacular Member 9AlphaOmega1's Avatar

Power Girl comic history has been problematic, eventually and hopefully DC will sort it all out, until then I will support any and all Power Girl comics, love the character.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Williams’s big plan for the character was making her insecure? I’ve gotta stop looking at previews for this, because nothing about this direction makes sense.
    Also making her look submissive next to Superman I guess.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Also making her look submissive next to Superman I guess.
    The very last thing she'd ever do. She doesn't do "submissive", and especially not to Superman.
    Last edited by achilles; 11-27-2023 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    The very last thing she'd ever do. She doesn't do "submissive", and especially not to Superman.
    Its probably the worst thing about this. Like I get Superman is the big dog but PG is still a grown-ass woman and yet she's acting like a lost teenager here.

Imagine if he talked this way to Mister Terrific or Hawkwoman, its not right.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Its probably the worst thing about this. Like I get Superman is the big dog but PG is still a grown-ass woman and yet she's acting like a lost teenager here.

Imagine if he talked this way to Mister Terrific or Hawkwoman, its not right.
    Right. The characterization of Clark is also something I don’t care for about this book. Can’t seem to get either character right.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Okay yeah this is just excessively maudlin.

I get the whole thing with the lion but PG is just so endlessly dreary and self-pitying this issue. Even her voicemail to Lilith started with her saying "I don't expect you to listen to this". She has such an infuriatingly lack of self-esteem and is just a completely joyless person.

Spectacular Member 9AlphaOmega1's Avatar

Yes this issue is more focused on Power Girl inter turmoil, and once again she feels lost. They do want her to be part of the Superman Family and it looks like they building on it.

But I always felt that the personality that we are shown and show to others was always an act. A Superman was her family she lost more than 2 homes, her universe is also gone, replaced by a copy, if that still canon. I don't how to feel or move forward.

Yeah, PG is a remnant. Her world has been replaced at least twice, there was a JSA arc where she thought she got home - but that Earth-2 already had a version of her. That was overwritten in New 52 of course, with the Supergirl from there visiting Earth-0 and rebranding as Power Girl because there was another Kara Zor-El already present. That PG later went home, passing her mantle to Tanya Spears (who was renamed Powerhouse in Future State, presumably because the original PG was about to come back from the JSA's Flashpoint induced limbo). New 52 Earth-2 is still the current one.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman