Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsbane View Post
    I’m down with that. Our Goddess needs sex. And since it’s a textless preview, making she bursts out of bed, realizing her love for Max.

This Craig guy reminds me of the Steve Trevor to Wonder Woman.
    A long time love interest/supporting character to a lead that makes it into adaptions? I ask because know nothing about him beyond his appearance in both Wonder Woman movies. And that Hero Girls cartoon. That was funny.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    LOL.
    This isn't a Mills and Boon novel. I don't know how in 2023 any reader can expect writers to "build" and "develop" relationships over the course of a very limited number of issues when 1: the relationship isn't the main focus of the story being told (it's not even the tertiary plot) and 2: there are more important plots that need focus and attention to move the overarching story along. With XMR it was Abigail Brand's treachery, then the Genesis War. In this instant it's Maggie's resurrection.

They met, they dated, they flirted, they sexed...it's not that difficult to fill in the blanks if we feel so inclined. Goddess alone knows we are quite adept at fabricating stories in our heads to explain and speculate what we don't see on the page.

I fondly remember Claremont had Storm meet, fell in love with, and walked out on Forge...all in the space of one night. And he turned out to be her most "significant" relationship until T'Challa.
    To quote the poet: Exactatiously!

Even when our beloved creators DO manage to slow burn their way through multiple issues, continuous build up, nuanced encounters and cheeky body language, all culminating in a fever pitch KISS cementing their shared romantic interest -- the fandom will argue "Seems forced" or "Came out of nowhere". lol Besides, the implication here is sex. Which does not immediately equate to love, nor relationship longevity.

It all feels like a matter of personal experience, respective taste in romantic pursuit narratives and receptivity to the parties involved. Basically, different strokes for different folks. And I say bless Craig of NASA for his strokes.
    Last edited by Fokken; 11-24-2023 at 05:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, things to be progressing well with Craig. I wonder if Ewing wanted to counter-balance making Storm so much more powerful and godlike by pairing her with a baseline human.

And will any of this stick once Ewing is gone?
    Nope. It's one the reasons I hate it when they create a character specifically as a love interest. Even if I like the character -- and I do in this case -- there just no point in getting attached to them.

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    Besides discussing Storm's butt and bed partner, does anyone know what green crystals and bleeding gold skeletons are?
    Nope. I only recognize the Living Tribunal...
    Broken English Spoken Perfectly

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Nope. It's one the reasons I hate it when they create a character specifically as a love interest. Even if I like the character -- and I do in this case -- there just no point in getting attached to them.
    Oh craig? I wouldnt worry about him. Maybe his relationship with ororo will not last if Ewing doesnt keep writing her but he will still be there. One thing about Ewing he will always find a way to use his charcehters. And for the foreseeable future he will be at marvel. So craig, orbis stellaris and all his personal creation who arent Arakkii-cause they are definately getting genocided when he leaves them-(yes, that's fucked up), but the rest? They will be fine and pop in his stories all over marvel.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    LOL!
    ...but aren't twinks by definition hairless? Otherwise they're otters.
    They aint otters. Otters can be any age, just like a bear. An otter can be 35 and still be an otter, while a twink has to be less then 25 (and that is pushing it) or look really young. An otter is basically any skinny hairy guy regardless of age. While being young is integral with the definition of twink.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    I really, REALLY like the way the artist draws Storm's hair.
    My one small quibble about the hair is that its supposed to be styled like that...NOT cut, correct? So it would have been better for her hair to shown as loose or simpler in the bed and then styled into her cloud faux-hawk when she springs into action since it's such an intricate 'do.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 11-24-2023 at 10:35 AM.
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    My one small quibble about the hair is that its supposed to be styled like that...NOT cut, correct? So it would have been better for her hair to be loose in the bed and then styled into her cloud faux-hawk when she springs into action.
    Maybe she was having sex with Jean in her dreams again and the Phoenix did her hair while she slept.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    My one small quibble about the hair is that its supposed to be styled like that...NOT cut, correct? So it would have been better for her hair to shown as loose or simpler in the bed and then styled into her cloud faux-hawk when she springs into action since it's such an intricate 'do.
    Where do you see that it's cut? It just looks pulled back and slicked down to me.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Where do you see that it's cut? It just looks pulled back and slicked down to me.
    Where do you see that I say that it's cut?
    I never said it was cut. I said because it's not cut, its odd that she would sleep with it fully styled in that manner...
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    They aint otters. Otters can be any age, just like a bear. An otter can be 35 and still be an otter, while a twink has to be less then 25 (and that is pushing it) or look really young. An otter is basically any skinny hairy guy regardless of age. While being young is integral with the definition of twink.
    I've always thought of otters as Junior Bears. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Ewing + Storm = Purchase

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Going by the recent completely ugh! forgettable mini...her bio-static electricity is what keeps her hair "up". And you can see where she relaxes into Craig's arms (oof!) after the electrical outburst her hair falls down.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I've always thought of otters as Junior Bears. :P
    Otters are to bears what twinks are to twunks.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMan View Post
    Hopefully that won't ever, EVER happen.
    Amen to that!!
    "I AM A GODDESS OF LIFE AS WELL AS OF STORMS. IF IT IS WITHIN MY POWER TO SAVE YOU -- I SHALL." - ORORO MUNROE