Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Braxxer View Post
    Will say it again

Ewing promised new romance but that relationship is so empty. Don’t feel like their relationship has been developed. We saw them talking only once and it was a date ruined by Xavier. How you can write Storm, give her new partner and not even try to build their relationship.

Storm doesn’t even seem to acknowledge his existence
    They met and talked and flirted during the Inhuman attack I think. Plus the date.
    Also they're only shown in bed. It might be their second date and they were horny.

Besides discussing Storm's butt and bed partner, does anyone know what green crystals and bleeding gold skeletons are?
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

LOL.
    This isn't a Mills and Boon novel. I don't know how in 2023 any reader can expect writers to "build" and "develop" relationships over the course of a very limited number of issues when 1: the relationship isn't the main focus of the story being told (it's not even the tertiary plot) and 2: there are more important plots that need focus and attention to move the overarching story along. With XMR it was Abigail Brand's treachery, then the Genesis War. In this instant it's Maggie's resurrection.

They met, they dated, they flirted, they sexed...it's not that difficult to fill in the blanks if we feel so inclined. Goddess alone knows we are quite adept at fabricating stories in our heads to explain and speculate what we don't see on the page.

I fondly remember Claremont had Storm meet, fell in love with, and walked out on Forge...all in the space of one night. And he turned out to be her most "significant" relationship until T'Challa.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 11-23-2023 at 01:03 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Mighty Member

Praise LORDT EWING!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    LOL.
    This isn't a Mills and Boon novel. I don't know how in 2023 any reader can expect writers to "build" and "develop" relationships over the course of a very limited number of issues when 1: the relationship isn't the main focus of the story being told (it's not even the tertiary plot) and 2: there are more important plots that need focus and attention to move the overarching story along. With XMR it was Abigail Brand's treachery, then the Genesis War. In this instant it's Maggie's resurrection.

They met, they dated, they flirted, they sexed...it's not that difficult to fill in the blanks if we feel so inclined. Goddess alone knows we are quite adept at fabricating stories in our heads to explain and speculate what we don't see on the page.

I fondly remember Claremont had Storm meet, fell in love with, and walked out on Forge...all in the space of one night. And he turned out to be her most "significant" relationship until T'Challa.
    Well said. The pages posted here are part of the ongoing development of their relationship. LOL
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    Praise LORDT EWING!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Well said. The pages posted here are part of the ongoing development of their relationship. LOL
    Exactatiously.

Having sex whether on the first date or three weeks later or eight months later...it's still part of a developing relationship. I'm willing to bet...the way those two were eyeing each other that first evening...if Charles-Cock Blocker-Xavier hadn't interrupted they would have messed up those sheets that very night. Because we know Storm don't play.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Come THRU Elemental energy hair! Lightning!!!!

Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

This is going to be AWESOME !!!

Go ahead Storm you better get you some D*ck. You deserve it. LOL

I'm very interested with all these other Cosmic Entities that showed up.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    LOL.

Somehow other new relationships e.g fang and aurora or psylocke and greycrow are built much better without getting so much pages.

Here Storm met Craig once during axe and let him stay. Year later they’re on a date that is interrupted by Xavier. And that’s all

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    Cool, Blue Marvel.
    But after how litle Rich and Berto got to do in X-Men Red, I won't let Ewing bait me with my favorite characters for his stealth Storm series.
    This is like next level reductionist history here lol was not pretend like Ewing hasn't been the most consistent x-writer when it came to writing a group book. He routinely gives each character their own voice and spotlight. And yes, storm is the lead on X-Men Red. And she will be getting the bulk of care to development and spotlights. This is nothing new to comics but for some reason when it happens to Storm a certain group always comes out to play

Quote Originally Posted by Braxxer View Post
    Somehow other new relationships e.g fang and aurora or psylocke and greycrow are built much better without getting so much pages.

Here Storm met Craig once during axe and let him stay. Year later they’re on a date that is interrupted by Xavier. And that’s all
    Xavier interrupted them in the same issue Ironfire arrived warning of Genesis’ coming. Then the war broke out. Now that things will have settled down they can finally spend some time together. Surviving a war can bring people very close together.

Well, things to be progressing well with Craig. I wonder if Ewing wanted to counter-balance making Storm so much more powerful and godlike by pairing her with a baseline human.

And will any of this stick once Ewing is gone?

Praise Lord Ewing, he who made Storm great again!

I'm sure Magneto will show up eventually, but it is a treat to see Ororo in bed with Craig, Ashake making an appearance, and Storm standing among the Cosmic Beings!

Let us give thanks!

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Praise Lord Ewing, he who made Storm great again!

I'm sure Magneto will show up eventually, but it is a treat to see Ororo in bed with Craig, Ashake making an appearance, and Storm standing among the Cosmic Beings!

Let us give thanks!

lmfao ur so silly.. but loves it
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!