Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Do you think we'll ever see Tim and Stephanie as a pairing again

Pretty self-explanatory question. Do you think we will see them together again in some shape or form?

rebirth 3.jpg

bendis yj issue 5.jpg

promise 2.jpg

Incredible Member

Yeah, for sure. These things go in cycles, and there are plenty of writers who grew up with Tim and Steph as a couple. I wouldn’t count on it happening soon — DC won’t want to be seen as immediately going back on his coming out as bi by putting him right back with his previous girlfriend — but eventually? Of course. She’s by far his most popular love interest, and in a serial medium like this, writers will always return to popular former relationships eventually.

Yes. Even if they don’t ignore the latest run, he’s still supposed to be bi. A better writer could actually write him that way instead of using his bisexuality to make him end things with his girlfriend, which made zero sense.
    I don’t get the sense that Bernard is particularly liked, so I doubt he’ll stick around for long after the current editorial team leaves.

Fantastic Member

No, it will cause major backlash if they make a character bisexual but then have him date a woman for long term. It will be seen as DC chickening out with the retcon.

He will either continue to date Bernard or any other male love interest, or will causally date men and women. Don't se him settling down with a woman.

Yes, because DC love their OTPs and always go back to them eventually.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    Pretty self-explanatory question. Do you think we will see them together again in some shape or form?

rebirth 3.jpg

bendis yj issue 5.jpg

promise 2.jpg
    NO

And it won't be because a writer won't try to pitch it.

It will be because editorial will NOT even both to hear the pitch for it.

The writer who would do it will probably never set foot at DC or pitch anything to the Bat Office.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    NO

And it won't be because a writer won't try to pitch it.

It will be because editorial will NOT even both to hear the pitch for it.

The writer who would do it will probably never set foot at DC or pitch anything to the Bat Office.
    Bat editorial hates Timsteph THAT much?.......I can buy it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    Bat editorial hates Timsteph THAT much?.......I can buy it.
    I wouldn't even say that it's hate...

Sometimes those editors don't want to talk to certain writers.

At Marvel there was a writer who had an artist set and ready to do a Blue Marvel comic and Marvel wouldn't even hear the pitch. Same writer MANY want to do Black Panther but same issue.

Leah Williams and Vita Ayala have tried to pitch for many X-characters and it was no go.

So it's not always nobody wants to write about (blank)-it's editorial not being interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Man View Post
    No, it will cause major backlash if they make a character bisexual but then have him date a woman for long term. It will be seen as DC chickening out with the retcon.

He will either continue to date Bernard or any other male love interest, or will causally date men and women. Don't se him settling down with a woman.
    They would get just as much backlash if he doesn't. Bi erasure is very much a thing, on top of the stereotype that bisexual people mess around with everyone and don't have committed relationships.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I wouldn't even say that it's hate...

Sometimes those editors don't want to talk to certain writers.

At Marvel there was a writer who had an artist set and ready to do a Blue Marvel comic and Marvel wouldn't even hear the pitch. Same writer MANY want to do Black Panther but same issue.

Leah Williams and Vita Ayala have tried to pitch for many X-characters and it was no go.

So it's not always nobody wants to write about (blank)-it's editorial not being interested.
    How do we know editorial isn't interested now? I could buy it a few months ago but not sure now.

Astonishing Member

After those sales Tim series had, I really doubt DC should care about any backlash in this regard. Especially considering how stupid it's gonna look like.

I feel like people are bored enough with Bernard as is, but they might try pairing him with a male hero before putting him back with Steph.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    They would get just as much backlash if he doesn't. Bi erasure is very much a thing, on top of the stereotype that bisexual people mess around with everyone and don't have committed relationships.
    Especially when they seem to be writing him as gay, but couldn't pull the trigger and invalidate all his female relationships in the process.

At some point, I would assume they will hook up again, but they won't stay together for long.

I hope so. I miss my pairing so much. But this breakup has opened my eyes to a troubling truth. A truth that maybe I wasn't as big of a Tim Drake fan as I thought I was. I seem to enjoy him whenever he's with Stephanie aka my favorite bat. As well as when he's with his YJ crew, especially Conner, Cassie, and Bart. I love the four of them together. But by himself or even with Bruce? I don't know, I'm starting to wonder if I was ever a true Tim Drake fan at all or just liked him with other characters. I enjoy all those characters I named and maybe just by association I liked Tim too. I thought maybe I was just bitter about the breakup and Tim's handling of it (and I am) but now I'm not so sure if that alone is just it. I still love Stephanie with or without Tim, but Tim himself? I've gone so long without reading his material that I barely miss him and the stuff I do miss all involve Steph or Young Justice.
    Last edited by ComicNoobie; 11-25-2023 at 06:50 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ComicNoobie View Post
    I hope so. I miss my pairing so much. But this breakup has opened my eyes to a troubling truth. A truth that maybe I wasn't as big of a Tim Drake fan as I thought I was. I seem to enjoy him whenever he's with Stephanie aka my favorite bat. As well as when he's with his YJ crew, especially Conner, Cassie, and Bart. I love the four of them together. But by himself or even with Bruce? I don't know, I'm starting to wonder if I was ever a true Tim Drake fan at all or just liked him with other characters. I enjoy all those characters I named and maybe just by association I liked Tim too. I thought maybe I was just bitter about the breakup and Tim's handling of it (and I am) but now I'm not so sure if that alone is just it. I still love Stephanie with or without Tim, but Tim himself? I've gone so long without reading his material that I barely miss him and the stuff I do miss all involve Steph or Young Justice.
    Not enjoying modern Tim stories doesn't mean you were never a fan. Tim has lost everything that made him worth caring about over the years and is just a redundant character at this point. He hasn't been an 'everyman' character in nearly 20 years. He's just a generic hacker/genius at this point and is redundant as a character at the best of times. And his most recent solo is one of the worst comics DC has ever produced. None of that takes away from how good Tim was in the 90s, but when everything that made him a good character is stripped away, there's no reason to remain a fan. It's only when he's with his old team or in love with Steph that a hint of the character he used to be can be seen.