Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Anything could happen, but I think it depends on how committed DC is to either Bernard or Tim dating guys. While Tim/Steph has been around awhile and does have its fans, it's hardly a defining trait of either character (like how Lois Lane is the leading lady of Superman and Mary Jane will always be Spider-Man one true love no matter how much Marvel hates that and is trying to erase it). Heck, Bernard has been the only love interest we've seen for Tim in adaptations and Steph's only time as a major character in an adaptation had her enter an LGBTQ relationship with Harper Row (no comment on the irony of Harper being invented as a stand-in for Cassandra Cain). It could
    also be tricky to have Tim date Steph and not fall into the trap of having a bi character who's basically written as straight, but that's another conversation.

Long story short, I don't think there's anything preventing it from coming back, but, if DC wanted to rebrand Bernard or someone else as Tim's one true love and recast Steph as the ex (like Black Cat or Lana Lang), I think Steph has evolved enough to stand alone without being Tim's love interest and the ship is not mainstream enough that they could write it out forever and make it stick. Time will tell, though.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    After those sales Tim series had, I really doubt DC should care about any backlash in this regard. Especially considering how stupid it's gonna look like.
    Well if you ignore floppy sales and look at reviews-it tells a different story. Most of the reviews liked the run but had issues with the art more than story.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    How do we know editorial isn't interested now? I could buy it a few months ago but not sure now.

Who is editorial has left?

Because we see the same names of the folks who failed Tim, Duke and pretty much EVERYBODY in the Bat family especially with that mess in the main Batman book.

What had made them change their mind?

And I think at this point DC is probably TIRED of the only conversations about Tim and even Alan Scott is their sexuality. We got store owners taking shots at it while not saying names but we all know who they are talking about.

Steph and Tim together is going to fix WHAT???

Are we going to see it in a monthly title?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Who is editorial has left?

Because we see the same names of the folks who failed Tim, Duke and pretty much EVERYBODY in the Bat family especially with that mess in the main Batman book.

What had made them change their mind?

And I think at this point DC is probably TIRED of the only conversations about Tim and even Alan Scott is their sexuality. We got store owners taking shots at it while not saying names but we all know who they are talking about.

Steph and Tim together is going to fix WHAT???

Are we going to see it in a monthly title?
    What store owners are you talking about and what don you meean?

Mighty Member

Well if you ignore floppy sales and look at reviews-it tells a different story. Most of the reviews liked the run but had issues with the art more than story.
    Really? Plenty of reviewers hated the story as well.

Steph deserves better. I have my favorite ships too, so I get it, I do, but Steph can’t live and die on the whims of what they do with Tim.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Anything could happen, but I think it depends on how committed DC is to either Bernard or Tim dating guys. While Tim/Steph has been around awhile and does have its fans, it's hardly a defining trait of either character (like how Lois Lane is the leading lady of Superman and Mary Jane will always be Spider-Man one true love no matter how much Marvel hates that and is trying to erase it). Heck, Bernard has been the only love interest we've seen for Tim in adaptations and Steph's only time as a major character in an adaptation had her enter an LGBTQ relationship with Harper Row (no comment on the irony of Harper being invented as a stand-in for Cassandra Cain). It could
    also be tricky to have Tim date Steph and not fall into the trap of having a bi character who's basically written as straight, but that's another conversation.

Long story short, I don't think there's anything preventing it from coming back, but, if DC wanted to rebrand Bernard or someone else as Tim's one true love and recast Steph as the ex (like Black Cat or Lana Lang), I think Steph has evolved enough to stand alone without being Tim's love interest and the ship is not mainstream enough that they could write it out forever and make it stick. Time will tell, though.
    I think the thing is Bernard is pretty much a nothing character who only exists to give Tim a male relationship in anything. So it's hard to make that appealing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Steph deserves better. I have my favorite ships too, so I get it, I do, but Steph can’t live and die on the whims of what they do with Tim.
    Well, she hasn't for a while though in-universe Tim was pretty terrible to her.

Extraordinary Member

She shouldn’t at least

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the thing is Bernard is pretty much a nothing character who only exists to give Tim a male relationship in anything. So it's hard to make that appealing.

Tim still kind of is with how he talked to her about Connor in DC Pride 2023, and how he only interacts with for work or around Bernard which is kind of dickish.

Well didn’t for a short time while she was in Batgirls, but once that was over Steph has been in the wind. Let’s see more appearances and things with her that doesn’t involve Tim before we say she hasn’t for while.

Were they upset DC cut the run short?

Anything can happen in long form comics as long as both characters are still around and have a suitable title where they are not supporting characters.

Tim is Bi so he can date women as well however it's not going to happen anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Not enjoying modern Tim stories doesn't mean you were never a fan. Tim has lost everything that made him worth caring about over the years and is just a redundant character at this point. He hasn't been an 'everyman' character in nearly 20 years. He's just a generic hacker/genius at this point and is redundant as a character at the best of times. And his most recent solo is one of the worst comics DC has ever produced. None of that takes away from how good Tim was in the 90s, but when everything that made him a good character is stripped away, there's no reason to remain a fan. It's only when he's with his old team or in love with Steph that a hint of the character he used to be can be seen.
    You're right. I don't want my apathy for current Tim to effect the good time I've had with the character in the past. This was something that was on my mind for awhile now and I questioned if I was ever a fan to begin with.

Well didn’t for a short time while she was in Batgirls, but once that was over Steph has been in the wind. Let’s see more appearances and things with her that doesn’t involve Tim before we say she hasn’t for while.
    Well, she's popped up in back-ups and backing Jason up.
    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Anything can happen in long form comics as long as both characters are still around and have a suitable title where they are not supporting characters.

Tim is Bi so he can date women as well however it's not going to happen anytime soon.
    Provided they write him that way.

Mighty Member

Well, she's popped up in back-ups and backing Jason up.

Provided they write him that way.
    Not sure why they said he was bi yet in a lot of things gave a middle finger to his relationships with women.