Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Somone might sneak it but I doubt it

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the thing is Bernard is pretty much a nothing character who only exists to give Tim a male relationship in anything. So it's hard to make that appealing.
    In theory, a new creative team could shore things up and get people who were open to the idea onboard with it. All that remains to be seen, obviously. However, I don't think that Bernard being bland is enough alone to make DC bringing back Tim/Steph a given.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I don't know when Stephanie came into the picture, and/or with Tim

but here is another pairing that may never happen again, Tim and Bette from some weird future version of the Titans.betm.jpg
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Spectacular Member agentofthebat's Avatar

I really hope we do

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Yes. Even if they don’t ignore the latest run, he’s still supposed to be bi. A better writer could actually write him that way instead of using his bisexuality to make him end things with his girlfriend, which made zero sense.
    I don’t get the sense that Bernard is particularly liked, so I doubt he’ll stick around for long after the current editorial team leaves.
    Yeah, Fitzmartin definitely wrote Tim as homosexual, not bisexual. If Steph's only fault was being female, then him deciding he's bi should be no reason to break up. They should've shown them having a bust up over her moving in with the other Batgirls or something to justify it.

And yeah, now that Fitzmartin is gone, Bernard probably is too.

I feel like people are bored enough with Bernard as is, but they might try pairing him with a male hero before putting him back with Steph.

Especially when they seem to be writing him as gay, but couldn't pull the trigger and invalidate all his female relationships in the process.
    Didn't stop them doing that with a guy who'd been married twice (Alan Scott).

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post

but here is another pairing that may never happen again, Tim and Bette from some weird future version of the Titans.betm.jpg
    Good grief. That's the same girl who was into Dick in the silver age (Bat-Woman and Bat-Girl existed to make it clear that Batman and Robin weren't homosexuals). Bette should be almost a decade older than Tim (they retconned her names from Betty and Bat-Girl to Bette and Flamebird, but otherwise all her history should be intact, including being on a pre-NTT Titans West roster).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 11-27-2023 at 05:06 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    In theory, a new creative team could shore things up and get people who were open to the idea onboard with it. All that remains to be seen, obviously. However, I don't think that Bernard being bland is enough alone to make DC bringing back Tim/Steph a given.
    Assuming he even gets a new series...
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post

The only time Bette snagged a Robin .

Mighty Member

I feel like people are bored enough with Bernard as is, but they might try pairing him with a male hero before putting him back with Steph.

Especially when they seem to be writing him as gay, but couldn't pull the trigger and invalidate all his female relationships in the process.
    Twitter/tumblr/tiktok/a03 can't seem to get enough out of him though....but the sales for Tim's solo showed they weren't buying the books so.........

Assuming he even gets a new series...
    Tim? Even if he doesn't any time soon, he will presumably still be a supporting character in other Bat titles, so there would be a time and place for his love life somewhere down the line.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Mighty Member

Tim? Even if he doesn't any time soon, he will presumably still be a supporting character in other Bat titles, so there would be a time and place for his love life somewhere down the line.
    It depends if editorial is still interested in Bernard....which I doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by NOCTPHOENIX View Post
    Twitter/tumblr/tiktok/a03 can't seem to get enough out of him though....but the sales for Tim's solo showed they weren't buying the books so.........
    Probably because he's generically attractive and easy to project on.
    Well, he'll probably be in Zdarsky's Batman again but that doesn't guarantee a lot of development romantically.

Well, he'll probably be in Zdarsky's Batman again but that doesn't guarantee a lot of development romantically.
    Not saying anything's a given. It does remain to be seen if DC wants to keep investing in Bernard as Tim's love interest (although it is worth noting that a few recent adaptations and side projects have used Tim/Bernard and when Steph made her big debut, she was specifically not paired off with Tim, which might point to them continuing the "rebrand"). Just saying that I don't think the cancelation of Tim's solo series proves that DC is going to write out Bernard (much less bring back Tim/Steph). (IMHO, given that Tim's current defining trait is being "the LGBTQ Robin," and DC has generally failed to keep him "relevant" after Damien took his place as Batman's main Robin, I kinda wonder if that alone might keep Bernard or other male love interests in play for at least the time being.)
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Ultimate Member

Because that does not COST you anything to do that.

Fanart and all.

It does not cost anything.

And there is NOTHING that says you had to buy the comic book to like the relationship. NOTHING.

Example
    One thing I have seen folks sport Charlotte Hornets, Chicago Bulls, Los Angeles Raiders and Dallas Cowboys jackets. YET could not NAME one player on those teams even when Jordan played for the Bulls.

It's called something that I can't remember but it's a marketing thing most of the times.

You put the right colors together or something and it clicks with folks.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Because that does not COST you anything to do that.

Fanart and all.

It does not cost anything.

And there is NOTHING that says you had to buy the comic book to like the relationship. NOTHING.

Example
    One thing I have seen folks sport Charlotte Hornets, Chicago Bulls, Los Angeles Raiders and Dallas Cowboys jackets. YET could not NAME one player on those teams even when Jordan played for the Bulls.

It's called something that I can't remember but it's a marketing thing most of the times.

You put the right colors together or something and it clicks with folks.
    But in this case the marketing doesn't seem beneficial as most of these people didn't even buy/read the books.........so not a good audience to appeal to. I mean as an example tumblr/a03 love Jaytim and there is more that than Timsteph there but is that reflective of Tim and Jason fans in general?

This sums up why. https://twitter.com/ROBlN93/status/1708497840404607446
    Last edited by NOCTPHOENIX; 11-28-2023 at 07:23 PM.

Mighty Member

Not saying anything's a given. It does remain to be seen if DC wants to keep investing in Bernard as Tim's love interest (although it is worth noting that a few recent adaptations and side projects have used Tim/Bernard and when Steph made her big debut, she was specifically not paired off with Tim, which might point to them continuing the "rebrand"). Just saying that I don't think the cancelation of Tim's solo series proves that DC is going to write out Bernard (much less bring back Tim/Steph). (IMHO, given that Tim's current defining trait is being "the LGBTQ Robin," and DC has generally failed to keep him "relevant" after Damien took his place as Batman's main Robin, I kinda wonder if that alone might keep Bernard or other male love interests in play for at least the time being.)
    Bernard was only put to capitalize on the hype but with the failure of him catching on with fans for the most part, there's good chance he is gone. I mean who remembers Iceman's first bf?

Bernard was only put to capitalize on the hype but with the failure of him catching on with fans for the most part, there's good chance he is gone. I mean who remembers Iceman's first bf?
    Actually I think he's also now his current BF again .