Default Mandarin versus Ant-Man, Dr. Voodoo, and Valkyrie

Mandarin versus Ant-Man, Dr. Voodoo, and Valkyrie, in the Khazan Arena. Current 616 versions. If this is too easy for the heroes, Enchanteress teams up with Mandarin.

Isn't Doc Voodoo Doc Strange level or close to it these days? Seems like he'd beat Tem Borjigin alone, never mind with backup. I don't know Enchantresses level these days, but assuming she can keep Doc Voodoo busy, Mandarin should beat the other two. Heck, he might be able to beat Valkyrie without the rings, just caving her skull in with a karate-chop.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I would really need to see proof that Dr. Voodoo is Strange level. I know he was sorcerer supreme for a time, but it was a thing that he just didn’t have the oomph.

Maybe they’ve upgraded him? Would be cool.

What kind of feats is he getting these days?
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Mandarin is a genius, a tactician, and a highly-skilled martial artist who can shatter steel with his bare hands. He also has his infamous ten rings of power, which can dish out blasts of fire, ice, electricity, concussive force, and even disintegration rays. His rings can also generate intense light or total darkness and create illusions. His rings can control minds, rearrange molecules, and telekinetically move objects. Sometimes Mandarin also has a force field, but I don't think it is consistent enough to count as standard equipment.

Doctor Voodoo retained a number of abilities that he demonstrated when he was merely Brother Voodoo, including non-combat teleportation, immunity to fire, necromancy, and control of plants and animals. He usually accompanied his teleportation with a disorienting sounds of drums. He also had a mystic connection to his deceased brother Daniel's soul, which could possess him to grant him increased strength, stamina, and speed. Daniel could also possess and control enemies. While he was Sorcerer Supreme, Doctor Voodoo had access to Doctor Strange's stuff, including the Cloak of Levitation and the Eye of Agametto. He also started using a wide variety of cast magic spells and has retained that ability even after he was no longer Sorcerer Supreme. With spells, Voodoo could fire energy blasts, create barriers and shields, conduct exorcisms, and alter his appearance. From what I have seen, his high-end feats are generally unimpressive compared to those of classic Dr. Strange.

Valkyrie is a highly skilled combatant with both HTH and her sword, has the classic Asgardian durability, superhuman strength, and a sword which might be magic. Though she originally was unable to harm a female without causing herself equivalent pain, I believe that she lost that weakness after she was brought back to life.

Ant-Man is Scott Lang, I believe, since Hank Pym is reportedly dead. I think he can only change size between normal and tiny, but he still can command swarms of ants.

In the first fight, Ant-Man can try to create a great distraction by swarming Mandarin with ants, giving Valkyrie a chance to get to melee range while Doctor Voodoo prepares a spell. However, Mandarin has multiple ways of dispersing those ants, and a variety of potential ranged attacks to use against Valkyrie and Doctor Voodoo. In theory, Doctor Voodoo's brother Daniel might possess Mandarin, but Mandarin once transferred his own essence into his rings (after his body was destroyed by Yellow Claw in Iron Man #70), and subsequently took over the body of the man who found his rings. So Mandarin might actually be able to resist or even repel Daniel. Or maybe it all comes down to a quickdraw between Mandarin and Doctor Voodoo, with possible speed advantage to Mandarin because he doesn't need to any spellcasting.

In the second fight, I think that Enchanteress adds excessive strength to Mandarin's side. She can at least keep Doctor Voodoo busy, and is tough enough to endure a direct assault by Valkyrie.