Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Postmania View Post
    On the opposite end of tanking vs damage Gabriel from Malignant technically is just a normal person durability-wise I think but can punch into people with bare/bear hands due to strength.
    I always wondered about Gabriel having regeneration. He/she shrugged off a torso exiting bullet wound and once Maddie locked him up she didn't seem the least inconvenienced about it, and every time Gabriel manifests it's by ripping her scalp and skull open, which we know from the pillow scene makes her bleed, but only temporarily.

In any case I wouldn't put Gabriel as weakest. He'd dance around the bear and carve it up.

Maybe the guy from Don't Breathe(2016) I recall him being a problem with his Vet skills but still being blind.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lazzlo304 View Post
    Maybe the guy from Don't Breathe(2016) I recall him being a problem with his Vet skills but still being blind.
    Depends if he has his revolver with him always, I don't remember. If he has it here, despite being blind he'd empty it right at the bear at fight start.

Mighty Member

I'm only in favor of the three biggest names in slasher films... most of the others would get ripped apart and get 10-counted over and over again. this all assumes that their weapons don't get destroyed by the bear... or that they have replacements.

Freddy Krueger is the only one where I'm positive he could do it.
    on a good day Myers and Voorhees could pull of a win or two... but not after taking catastrophic damage. Grizzly Bears have about two-or-three times the body mass of a human being. they can run over 30 miles per hour. they've also been documented lifting as much as 1,000 pounds.

a lot of the other slasher villains just don't have what it takes to win. they need have a weapon that might actually hurt a Grizzly AND the speed, strength, and durability to use it. they also need to be able to win without using stealth... because NONE of these guys will be surprising the bear! (even the Invisible Man will still produce sounds and smell like a human)

the slasher villain also needs to be able to bounce back from getting killed before the 10-count is over.

I'm not convinced that immortality is that much of an advantage. if the bear KOs them and there's nothing else in the arena... it would probably just start eating them.

I don't think a mortal blind man with a revolver is taking out a Grizzly bear before he gets completely destroyed. I'm assuming that the slasher villain is expected to SURVIVE the encounter in order to "win".

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    I'm only in favor of the three biggest names in slasher films... most of the others would get ripped apart and get 10-counted over and over again. this all assumes that their weapons don't get destroyed by the bear... or that they have replacements.

Freddy Krueger is the only one where I'm positive he could do it.
    on a good day Myers and Voorhees could pull of a win or two... but not after taking catastrophic damage. Grizzly Bears have about two-or-three times the body mass of a human being. they can run over 30 miles per hour. they've also been documented lifting as much as 1,000 pounds.

a lot of the other slasher villains just don't have what it takes to win. they need have a weapon that might actually hurt a Grizzly AND the speed, strength, and durability to use it. they also need to be able to win without using stealth... because NONE of these guys will be surprising the bear! (even the Invisible Man will still produce sounds and smell like a human)

the slasher villain also needs to be able to bounce back from getting killed before the 10-count is over.

I'm not convinced that immortality is that much of an advantage. if the bear KOs them and there's nothing else in the arena... it would probably just start eating them.

I don't think a mortal blind man with a revolver is taking out a Grizzly bear before he gets completely destroyed. I'm assuming that the slasher villain is expected to SURVIVE the encounter in order to "win".
    That blind man is a military veteran that can overpower and kill much younger people than him due to those skills and would hear the bear at fight start, and would know he'd have to accurately shoot it at fight start. He's a horror Daredevil. Whether or not the Arena starting distance is enough, or if multiple bullet wounds would kill or at least massively impair a grizzly (because the guy's chances to win would certainly lower dramatically by then), I don't know.

I don't know if you've watched Malignant or not, but do you really think Gabriel stands no chance against a bear?

And if we have to go hardcore about this beyond Freddy, Michael and Voorhees, Brightburn's Brandon is a slasher Superboy. He stalks people under the cover of night/darkness, wears a mask, and bloodily kills people down to keeping their bodies hidden like some horror villains do. He'd kill a thousand bears.
    Last edited by Wildling; 12-09-2023 at 04:21 PM.

Mighty Member

well, the OP did use the words "weakest" and "slasher horror villain". that tells me that we're not looking for super-powered killers or supernatural beings. that AUTOMATICALLY excludes "Brightburn" from the discussion... which, although I haven't watched it, doesn't even appear to be a conventional "slasher" film so much as a superhero satire inspired by "the Bad Seed".

the revolver in "Don't Breathe" is 9 mm or less... it isn't allowed (per the OP) unless it is grafted on to the shooter's arm. all that military training involves the gun being fired in a very specific way. sure, he probably won't MISS the bear. but he's got no feats for using such a weapon in a completely unconventional and unnatural way. it's like the difference between giving a master swordsman a sword that is secured to his arm with a pair of belts.

therefore, he's not going to be nearly as accurate while using it. pretty sure he's got ZERO feats for using a sidearm in such a strange and unconventional manner. to make matters worse, it just doesn't have the stopping power to kill the bear before the human being gets destroyed in the arena. that guy is definitely NOT winning 8/10 against a Grizzly Bear even if we DID allow him to break the rules of the OP and use the gun in the conventional way.

just because you can kill smaller black bears with a 9 mm pistol doesn't mean that it's going to work on a presumably "large" Grizzly Bear in the arena. the shooter will have absolutely no cover, and will have to just let the bear come straight at him while opening fire. that's not a great scenario for anybody to be in that doesn't have superhuman durability, strength, and speed.

the man from "Don't Breathe" would need BOTH of his guns in order to give him a solid chance at killing the bear before he gets ripped in half... and, even there, I'm not liking his odds of survival.

haven't watched "Malignant"... so, I can't comment.
    Last edited by Totoro Man; 12-09-2023 at 05:35 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    well, the OP did use the words "weakest" and "slasher horror villain". that tells me that we're not looking for super-powered killers or supernatural beings. that AUTOMATICALLY excludes "Brightburn" from the discussion... which, although I haven't watched it, doesn't even appear to be a conventional "slasher" film so much as a superhero satire inspired by "the Bad Seed".

the revolver in "Don't Breathe" is 9 mm or less... it isn't allowed (per the OP) unless it is grafted on to the shooter's arm. all that military training involves the gun being fired in a very specific way. sure, he probably won't MISS the bear. but he's got no feats for using such a weapon in a completely unconventional and unnatural way. it's like the difference between giving a master swordsman a sword that is secured to his arm with a pair of belts.

therefore, he's not going to be nearly as accurate while using it. pretty sure he's got ZERO feats for using a sidearm in such a strange and unconventional manner. to make matters worse, it just doesn't have the stopping power to kill the bear before the human being gets destroyed in the arena. that guy is definitely NOT winning 8/10 against a Grizzly Bear even if we DID allow him to break the rules of the OP and use the gun in the conventional way.

just because you can kill smaller black bears with a 9 mm pistol doesn't mean that it's going to work on a presumably "large" Grizzly Bear in the arena. the shooter will have absolutely no cover, and will have to just let the bear come straight at him while opening fire. that's not a great scenario for anybody to be in that doesn't have superhuman durability, strength, and speed.

the man from "Don't Breathe" would need BOTH of his guns in order to give him a solid chance at killing the bear before he gets ripped in half... and, even there, I'm not liking his odds of survival.

haven't watched "Malignant"... so, I can't comment.
    Brightburn was produced by James Gunn who started in Troma and directed Slither, which was gleefully reverential to older horror movies. I totally count Brightburn as a horror slasher movie with a superhero coat of paint, given the stuff I said happens in it and Gunn's involvement, who eventually directed an R-rated Suicide Squad movie that had Slither vibes at times.

The Don't Breathe guy had 2 guns? Damn I really need to rewatch. As I said, I'm not sure if we can count him as weakest here if packing heat, if that counts as standard equipment, but the guy was able to fire accurately in way more cramped and sound-filled environments than what the Arena fight here is going to be. He already knows he's fighting a bear, and as soon as the fight starts the bear is going to make noise.

And if you like horror movies I certainly recommend you to watch Malignant.

Jack Frost The Mutant Killer Snowman. All kinds of crazy tricks and the Grizzly can't hurt him.

Also, Paul Bunyan. He's a Mini-Giant so he should be able to just bring his giant sized axe down on it.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Astonishing Member

Terrifier 2's Pale Little Girl might have a direct kill count of 0 and, well, be a little girl, but she resurrected Art, helped him in his current killing spree, is an invisible ghost unless she doesn't want to be, can trick people with illusions, and possess people. She'd possess a bear for probably very nasty results or at the very least outlast it.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Also, Paul Bunyan. He's a Mini-Giant so he should be able to just bring his giant sized axe down on it.
    A Mini-Giant? Isn't that just a normal person?
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    A Mini-Giant? Isn't that just a normal person?

Bigger than a human, smaller than a Giant.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Bigger than a human, smaller than a Giant.
    That's the best thing I've ever seen were can I watch it?

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    That's the best thing I've ever seen were can I watch it?
    It's actually on YouTube. Just look up the movie title and you'll find it.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

It's actually on YouTube. Just look up the movie title and you'll find it.
    It was amazing!