Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Default Weakest slasher horror villain who could consistently defeat a grizzly bear

Standard equip only. Guns are only allowed if they are in some way grafted to the slasher's body. They need to win an 8/10 majority for it to count as consistent.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Original Myers: some very low-level super strength, a long butcher knife, and the bear can’t keep him down?

Barring the bear chewing off his head, I figure Michael wins by attrition. He stabs it a few times, gets mauled, bear lumbers off to lick some pretty deep wounds, Michael gets up, lather rinse repeat.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    Standard equip only. Guns are only allowed if they are in some way grafted to the slasher's body. They need to win an 8/10 majority for it to count as consistent.
    Well in MtG, Bears are 2/2s. Grizzlys are THE definitive 2/2 for 2.

Thus for something that could kill the bear reliably, you need something to deal 2 damage. Something like the Blade Sliver, Bonesplitter Sliver, or Cleaving Sliver both slash and brought horror to Dominaria. They each individually would trade with the Grizzly bears, both going off to die from their wounds after the fight.

If you want one that would SURVIVE the fight you just need 3 toughness, like the Brood Sliver or Fury Sliver. (although that one has Double strike, so they'd kill the bear before the bear could even land a hit on them).
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Astonishing Member

Maybe M3gan? She should qualify as a slasher villain since she has an iconic bladed weapon for at least the movie scene that went viral during marketing, stalks victims under the cover of night/stealth, and you might even say her silicone face counts as a slasher mask in order to cover up she's an advanced android instead of a doll. She even chases a guy with her machete style papercutter while power walking to him while he runs away, and still caught up to him to stab him. Total slasher movie moment.

She's little girl sized but is surprisingly pretty strong especially for how light she weighs, capable of overpowering actual adults, and she could be agile enough to dodge at least some bear moves, and while her papercutter might not count as standard equipment, she doesn't feel pain, can move around even if ripped in half, and can still fight back after her face and eyes were removed. She might be able to just punch and claw away at the bear until it falls.

The likes of Esther from the Orphan movies would probably not make it.
    Last edited by Wildling; 11-25-2023 at 04:14 PM.

Anyone above Ghostface really I mean pick a name most can kill it.

Are we talking scenario or bloodlust? Because Chucky would win in a scenario. He's quite stealthy, and could easily drop on the bear and stab him in an artery. He also has a superhuman soak, and could survive the dying thrashes of the bear, assuming he gets in some surprise stabs in the initial ambush.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    Are we talking scenario or bloodlust? Because Chucky would win in a scenario. He's quite stealthy, and could easily drop on the bear and stab him in an artery. He also has a superhuman soak, and could survive the dying thrashes of the bear, assuming he gets in some surprise stabs in the initial ambush.
    I thought this was supposed to be in the Arena because OP said guns would be allowed only if already grafted. A lot of characters like Chucky or M3gan rely on weapons they find or improvise. Some really powerful killers like Jason, Jeepers Creepers or Malignant's Gabriel often carry at least one weapon with them at all times or often enough.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Default is the arena anyway, and BitVyper didn’t specify.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Astonishing Member

I wonder if Invisible Man (the Blumhouse version, I doubt I'll watch the Bacon version again) has at least a chance. He has a lead because the grizzly won't ever see him at all, just react to him, but he's still a dude, but there's been, supposedly, regular real life humans who have killed grizzly bears with their bare hands... at least once, maybe twice or so. And while grizzlies supposedly have a great sense of smell, that's not something I'm sure could come up here, or even remember coming up in horror movies. There was a bioengineered super killer dog movie where he realized his food was poisoned by his owner, but for dramatic movie purposes he only realized super late, like right before he decided to eat it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildling View Post
    I wonder if Invisible Man (the Blumhouse version, I doubt I'll watch the Bacon version again) has at least a chance. He has a lead because the grizzly won't ever see him at all, just react to him, but he's still a dude, but there's been, supposedly, regular real life humans who have killed grizzly bears with their bare hands... at least once, maybe twice or so. And while grizzlies supposedly have a great sense of smell, that's not something I'm sure could come up here, or even remember coming up in horror movies. There was a bioengineered super killer dog movie where he realized his food was poisoned by his owner, but for dramatic movie purposes he only realized super late, like right before he decided to eat it.
    Blumhouse Invisible Man had enhanced strength or something gifted by the suit even the girl over powers the guy at the end.

Why wouldn't you watch Bacon version again it's better than the boring Blumhouse version.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Blumhouse Invisible Man had enhanced strength or something gifted by the suit even the girl over powers the guy at the end.

Why wouldn't you watch Bacon version again it's better than the boring Blumhouse version.
    I thought she killed him more because of the surprise factor, which is why I wonder if for example Invisible Man could deep poke at the bear eyes for a start. What I thought was the guy seemed to have infinite patience to stay in place for extended amounts of time to terrorize his spouse even deep inside a high security psych ward.

And I didn't think Blumhouseman was boring at all but suspenseful, and he got to kill a full corridor of cops doing the kind of shifting camera action featured in Upgrade and Malignant, but to each their own. What I mean is I don't feel like going out of my watch to rewatch the Bacon one because I feel I already got everything out of it the first time, and the only thing I remember staying with me are the VFXs.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

I thought she killed him more because of the surprise factor, which is why I wonder if for example Invisible Man could deep poke at the bear eyes for a start.
    While that would certainly annoy a bear, I don't know that he would be able to get that close. Bears have what may be the keenest sense of smell of all land animals on Earth. Google tells me they are over 7 times better than a bloodhound.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

I thought she killed him more because of the surprise factor, which is why I wonder if for example Invisible Man could deep poke at the bear eyes for a start. What I thought was the guy seemed to have infinite patience to stay in place for extended amounts of time to terrorize his spouse even deep inside a high security psych ward.

And I didn't think Blumhouseman was boring at all but suspenseful, and he got to kill a full corridor of cops doing the kind of shifting camera action featured in Upgrade and Malignant, but to each their own. What I mean is I don't feel like going out of my watch to rewatch the Bacon one because I feel I already got everything out of it the first time, and the only thing I remember staying with me are the VFXs.
    A case can be made that she just got the jump on him yes but he clearly over powers the guys in the hallway I stand by the suit gives you enhanced strength.

I personally just thought BH Invisible Man was stupid and didn't make any sense.

On the opposite end of tanking vs damage Gabriel from Malignant technically is just a normal person durability-wise I think but can punch into people with bare/bear hands due to strength.
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    A case can be made that she just got the jump on him yes but he clearly over powers the guys in the hallway I stand by the suit gives you enhanced strength.

I personally just thought BH Invisible Man was stupid and didn't make any sense.
    I thought it was fantastic just from having watched Upgrade. One actor from Upgrade even had a cameo in The Invisible Man.