Default Black Adam vs Omniman + Invincible

Comic versions of all

Bonus: They sit and talk
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Regular post-crisis Adam takes this, pretty cleanly. Viltrumites aren't quite really in DC flying brick class - they are a little slower, a little weaker, and a little less-tough.

I don't know what has happened to Adam since, with the weekly reboots and such. I heard that Shazam, who was traditionally an analogue to Adam, shifted away from "sorta kryptonian" to something more magical and lightning based. Did Adam?
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Regular post-crisis Adam takes this, pretty cleanly. Viltrumites aren't quite really in DC flying brick class - they are a little slower, a little weaker, and a little less-tough.

I don't know what has happened to Adam since, with the weekly reboots and such. I heard that Shazam, who was traditionally an analogue to Adam, shifted away from "sorta kryptonian" to something more magical and lightning based. Did Adam?
    Yep, less emphasis on raw physical stats and more esoteric magic (transmutation and stuff.) Adam and Billy have basically shifted from Superman analogues to Thor analogues. They still have high super speed but are officially slower than Superman and Wonder Woman.

https://images.app.goo.gl/H2sErFBKq7oBQZX69

So I'd need to see feats before assuming they are faster than Viltrulmites. Also worth mentioning that Mark got upgraded at the end of the series to be able to go 3 rounds with Thragg in the sun. I don't think he has the speed to keep up with post crisis Adam but he's probably pretty close for strength and durability.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Yep, less emphasis on raw physical stats and more esoteric magic (transmutation and stuff.) Adam and Billy have basically shifted from Superman analogues to Thor analogues. They still have high super speed but are officially slower than Superman and Wonder Woman.

https://images.app.goo.gl/H2sErFBKq7oBQZX69

So I'd need to see feats before assuming they are faster than Viltrulmites. Also worth mentioning that Mark got upgraded at the end of the series to be able to go 3 rounds with Thragg in the sun. I don't think he has the speed to keep up with post crisis Adam but he's probably pretty close for strength and durability.
    I still don't think that Viltrumites have the oomph to seriously hurt post-crisis DC bricks, and certainly lack the speed. Adam wouldn't one-shot Mark or anything, and Viltrumites are incredibly hard to actually kill, but they are definitely on the diet coke side of class 100, if even there, even after Mark's looooooooong upgrade cycles.

Doesn't really matter, if the DC guys have significantly changed over time and lack the speed and stats.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan