Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Believes in Cyclops

Default Secret Six Appreciation Thread

DC Forum Appreciation Thread rules:

1) No negative comments about the honoree of this thread. It's an appreciation thread, not a non-appreciation one.

2) No negative discussion about any competitors of the honoree of this thread (i.e. John Stewart in the Hal Jordan thread). No ifs, ands, or buts. Find another non-appreciation thread to do that, just not here.

3) No negative comments about other versions of the character. For example, if you like the DCU version of Cyborg, but hate the DCnU version (or visa versa), just appreciate the earlier version and keep your comments about the latter to yourself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

secret-six-31.jpg
    Forever in our hearts: the True Heroes of the DCU

Forget Batman and the Justice-Cronies!

Hoping that these guys will get a reboot in the 52

BANNED

I miss them dearly.

500px-Secret_Six_Vol_3_29.jpg

BANNED

Well what do you know? An appreciation thread I can appreciate...

BANNED

BANNED

Secret Six Rebirth. Who else wants it, and who do you want on the roster?

For me, I'd combine the New 52 and Post-Crisis teams.

Catman, Scandal Savage, Ragdoll, Strix, Black Alice, and Jeanette, with The Dibneys as supporting characters.

Much as I'd want to get back the bromance between Catman and Deadshot, it's clear he's staying with the Suicide Squad for now.

Ultimate Member

I'm not hating on the modern version but I wouldn't mind seeing a revamp of the silver age/Mission Impossible concept. I think the time is ripe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I'm not hating on the modern version but I wouldn't mind seeing a revamp of the silver age/Mission Impossible concept. I think the time is ripe.
    I dunno. That stuff was good for its time, but Simone's Secret Six, both incarnations, have been absolutely incredible, her Post-Crisis stuff in particular being some of the best comics ever made.

BANNED

I think if they return then they need to feature some popular characters. Scandal, Ragdoll and Catman should be in it, since Deadshot is unlikely to be available they should bring Ivy in his place, Bane ofcourse and another fairly popular character(Talia al Ghul?). Making it all about Catman and a bunch of no names hurt the previous volume badly.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    I think if they return then they need to feature some popular characters. Scandal, Ragdoll and Catman should be in it, since Deadshot is unlikely to be available they should bring Ivy in his place, Bane ofcourse and another fairly popular character(Talia al Ghul?). Making it all about Catman and a bunch of no names hurt the previous volume badly.
    In terms of sales? Yeah, but I don't think any of the DCYou era books did that well. However, in terms of quality, while the first few issues were REALLY rough around the edges, the series picked up, and by the Strix arc, I'd say it was approaching the level of Simone's previous run.

Also, disguising Ralph Dibney within a bunch of no names, Strix, Ventriloquist II, and Porcelain, DID result in a great reveal.

You DO have a point that if the book doesn't want to get cancelled again, in this day and age, it needs some more name power.

Bane and Deadshot would probably be off limits, so alongside Catman (At this point, the defacto protagonist), Ragdoll, and Scandal, I'd say keep in Black Alice (Both for personal bias and since she was in both of the previous volumes), buuuuut, going off of your point, maybe relegate Jeanette and Strix to supporting characters alongside Knockout and the Dibneys.

So for the two remaining spots...Ivy might actually work (I don't read Harley Quinn, what's her personality these days?) and lastly, let's go with Sportsmaster. No, not a household name, but fans of Young Justice would certainly be happy to see him, especially if they took influence from that version.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by unclepulky View Post
    In terms of sales? Yeah, but I don't think any of the DCYou era books did that well. However, in terms of quality, while the first few issues were REALLY rough around the edges, the series picked up, and by the Strix arc, I'd say it was approaching the level of Simone's previous run.

Also, disguising Ralph Dibney within a bunch of no names, Strix, Ventriloquist II, and Porcelain, DID result in a great reveal.

You DO have a point that if the book doesn't want to get cancelled again, in this day and age, it needs some more name power.

Bane and Deadshot would probably be off limits, so alongside Catman (At this point, the defacto protagonist), Ragdoll, and Scandal, I'd say keep in Black Alice (Both for personal bias and since she was in both of the previous volumes), buuuuut, going off of your point, maybe relegate Jeanette and Strix to supporting characters alongside Knockout and the Dibneys.

So for the two remaining spots...Ivy might actually work (I don't read Harley Quinn, what's her personality these days?) and lastly, let's go with Sportsmaster. No, not a household name, but fans of Young Justice would certainly be happy to see him, especially if they took influence from that version.
    It was launched well before Convergence and DC You actually.
    The first 2 arcs were mediocre and forgettable largely. The only thing I remember was a stupid Riddler showing.
    The Shiva arc had the book hitting its stride but then it was cancelled.

Ivy is all over the place these days but Simone used her well enough in the second Batgirl annual.

I'd rather see Cheshire over him tbh.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post

I'd rather see Cheshire over him tbh.
    No doubt she's the better character. However, as we both know, Cheshire+Secret Six= Inevitable Betrayal.

Also, yeah, the Shiva arc was the only great arc from the New52 volume, but I quite enjoyed the few standalones and the Black Alice arc for what they were.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post

from Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe Vol. XX (October 1986)

and then, the post-CoIE second team:

from Who's Who Update '88 #3 (October 1988)

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Loved BOTH volumes of Simone's run.
    The second volume took a while to find it's feet, but it was still a good read.
    I'd love to see a relaunch with:
    Catman
    Bane
    Scandal
    Ragdoll
    Deadshot
    Black Alice
    Jeanette
    Strix
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Mighty Member

I didn't hear too many good things about both runs of her Secret Six. I heard that she tried way too hard to be edgy and bawdy. But I'm curious due to the characters alone. But I'm a little nervous since she has only written one good thing imo.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Just stopping by to sing my praises for Simone's S6.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.