Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Can't say I saw this coming .

Given the creators involved I'm guessing this will be a dark comedy with an edge (in other words, Secret Six).

I'm curious who they could use in this. Would Deadshot be under an embargo? I guess depending on how much of the wider-DCU they're allowed to use they could probably get away with Scandal.

Ragman's supposed to be on The Flash this season although that probably won't stop him from appearing in this.
    This raises a lot of questions.

Will Deadshot be used? Will Bane be used? How far is this show going to go? Why CBS? etc.

I'm surprised this is happening but hopeful. Though it being on CBS kinda sucks.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    This raises a lot of questions.

Will Deadshot be used? Will Bane be used? How far is this show going to go? Why CBS? etc.

I'm surprised this is happening but hopeful. Though it being on CBS kinda sucks.
    I hope this show works out better on CBS then Supergirl did.

Personally I don't expect Bane to show up.

I hope this show works out better on CBS then Supergirl did.

Personally I don't expect Bane to show up.
    I would think and hope that they go with the most popular version of the team. Catman, Scandal, Deadshot, Banshee, Bane, and Ragdoll. Then later add Alice.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I would think and hope that they go with the most popular version of the team. Catman, Scandal, Deadshot, Banshee, Bane, and Ragdoll. Then later add Alice.
    I think that would probably be the ideal cast if their aim is to be true to the comic team, although I'm not sure if that's the roster we'll get .

I think that would probably be the ideal cast if their aim is to be true to the comic team, although I'm not sure if that's the roster we'll get .
    You're probably right.

BANNED

'Secret Six' TV Series in Development at CBS - https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/10/10/...dc-comics-cbs/

I'm halfway through my re-read through of Secret Six and this happens.
    At first I was surprised by this, but then I realized that the old CBS President/CEO is gone so maybe it could work this time.

Holy shit I did not expect this. Secret Six is one of my favorite books. The last run wasn’t that good but the first two are classic. With Gunn taking over Suicide Squad I was just thinking that Secret Six would be good inspiration for his new take. Glad it sounds like they’re going with the dark comedy vibe. Though having it on CBS does worry me. I’m still pissed at NBC for the Constantine cancellation.

They could go about the lineup in a few ways. Since Deadshot has become a relatively well known character they could make him the star. Or if he’s off the table because of some embargo they could focus on Catman and Scandal.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    They could go about the lineup in a few ways. Since Deadshot has become a relatively well known character they could make him the star. Or if he’s off the table because of some embargo they could focus on Catman and Scandal.
    There's no way Catman isn't in this.

I think he and Scandal are probably musts.

There's no way Catman isn't in this.

I think he and Scandal are probably musts.
    Scandal, Catman, and Deashot are needed, if they aren't in it won't work for me.

I love that DC/WB has decided to focus more on the villains. Suicide Squad, Secret Six, Lego DC Villains. That really is something they have over Marvel. All of their main heroes have a pretty great rogues gallery.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I love that DC/WB has decided to focus more on the villains. Suicide Squad, Secret Six, Lego DC Villains. That really is something they have over Marvel. All of their main heroes have a pretty great rogues gallery.
    I really do think this is all thanks to Sony doing Venom and being obsessed with doing the Sinister Six to the point of killing the Amazing Spider-Man franchise.

BANNED

I don't see why anyone expects any of the Gail Simone era characters to show up. From the released tagline and the fact that it will be on CBS, everything points inexorably to it being based on the original (Silver age) concept. At this point, DC sure as hell aren't going to lend out some of their most prime characters for something that isn't either going to be a movie or on their streaming service.

Quote Originally Posted by Tec15 View Post
    I don't see why anyone expects any of the Gail Simone era characters to show up. From the released tagline and the fact that it will be on CBS, everything points inexorably to it being based on the original (Silver age) concept. At this point, DC sure as hell aren't going to lend out some of their most prime characters for something that isn't either going to be a movie or on their streaming service.
    Then why do it in the first place? No one is asking for the Silver Age Secret Six.

I didn't even know (or remember) that there was a Silver Age Secret Six .

I didn't even know (or remember) that there was a Silver Age Secret Six .
    Right! Gail Simone era or don't even try it.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!