Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    BANNED

If they dont get Bane and Deadshot then they might as well fix a cancellation date as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I didn't even know (or remember) that there was a Silver Age Secret Six .
    Most people don't know about Secret Six in general, so the idea of doing the Silver Age version is confusing to say the least.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Then why do it in the first place? No one is asking for the Silver Age Secret Six.
    I don't know, maybe because guys like Rick Muirragui and Bill Lawrence asked for it and pitched WB for their version? Because they certainly don't have the silver age version lined up for one of their movies or "DC Universe" shows, and feel like this will make a profitable show ala, the likes of Lucifer and iZombie? It's really not that complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Tec15 View Post
    I don't know, maybe because guys like Rick Muirragui and Bill Lawrence asked for it and pitched WB for their version? Because they certainly don't have the silver age version lined up for one of their movies or "DC Universe" shows, and feel like this will make a profitable show ala, the likes of Lucifer and iZombie? It's really not that complicated.
    It's also not complicated that they were go for the more popular version of the team or at least a variation of it.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Well, that's up to the creator and writers. They'll tell the story they want to tell. There wasn't exactly much talk of a television series before the announcement, Simone era or otherwise. It is what it is.

BANNED

It's also not complicated that they were go for the more popular version of the team or at least a variation of it.
    Why? Some of the Secret Six characters are probably reserved for the movies and other TV shows. Maybe they don't want to sign them over for CBS, when they have a streaming service to promote?

Why? Some of the Secret Six characters are probably reserved for the movies and other TV shows. Maybe they don't want to sign them over for CBS, when they have a streaming service to promote?
    It's always possible that this show could be moved over to DCU. Also why can't we have multiple versions of the same characters?

We had two Supermen, two flashes, and probably some others I'm forgetting.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

I rather they used the 60's version of the Secret Six.
    Mainly because I rather see Cat-Man in a BATMAN movie.

secret6who.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    I rather they used the 60's version of the Secret Six.
    Mainly because I rather see Cat-Man in a BATMAN movie.

secret6who.jpg
    Wow, I really had no idea this version even existed .

BANNED

It's always possible that this show could be moved over to DCU. Also why can't we have multiple versions of the same characters?

We had two Supermen, two flashes, and probably some others I'm forgetting.
    It's different for top tier characters like Superman and the Flash who have had multiple iterations and are well known to the public, vs far lesser known characters like Scandal Savage who not been adapted and are probably being saved for something. Also keep in mind, that the show you're asking for would not only have to adapt the title characters, but also the whole ecosystem of supporting characters, other villains, heroes etc. Do you really expect Lex Luthor to take on Simone's Secret Six on CBS, when he hasn't even appeared in Supergirl yet, and DC is tying to set up a "Metropolis" show for their streaming service? Come on now.

If Gail Simone Secret Six show is going to happen now, it'll have to happen on the DC Universe service, possibly connected to their existing shows there. This show on CBS is so obviously going for the non-costumed, non well known silver age version it's not even funny.

It's different for top tier characters like Superman and the Flash who have had multiple iterations and are well known to the public, vs far lesser known characters like Scandal Savage who not been adapted and are probably being saved for something. Also keep in mind, that the show you're asking for would not only have to adapt the title characters, but also the whole ecosystem of supporting characters, other villains, heroes etc. Do you really expect Lex Luthor to take on Simone's Secret Six on CBS, when he hasn't even appeared in Supergirl yet, and DC is tying to set up a "Metropolis" show for their streaming service? Come on now.

If Gail Simone Secret Six show is going to happen now, it'll have to happen on the DC Universe service, possibly connected to their existing shows there. This show on CBS is so obviously going for the non-costumed, non well known silver age version it's not even funny.
    We will just have to what and see.

Mighty Member

So mixed on this.. On the one hand, AWESOME, a Secret Six show, I never thought I'd see it. One of my favorite works of fiction getting a show is fantastic.

On the other hand... NBC. The wrong network can kill a show for me. Lucifer and Hellblazer are two of my other top ten favorite series in comics, and I didn't finish the first season of either one of them. All three series I listed are dark, mature titles that don't work well in a PG 13 setting imo. Now if HBO or Netflix or even AMC got the Secret Six...? I would be having watch parties.