Default Aquaman Question

I've been searching for a character, probably during the Nu 52 era, that I vaguely remember. He was basically a temporary replacement for Aquaman. He was the son of a wealthy man. He started developing underwater powers, and weaknesses, as a teenager and lived in what was basically an aquarium.

I have a memory of a scene where he goes into the ocean and seeks out Atlantis. He meets Mera, who tells him that he may have the power to breathe underwater but that, at heart, he is a surface man.

So far, I can find no reference to the character. Does anybody know his name or what series it was? Thanks.
    Power with Girl is better.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Are you talking about Arthur Joseph Curry? I wasn't following Aquaman during this period but I think that's who you're talking about:

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Arthur_Jo...ry_(New_Earth)

It was called Aquaman: Sword of Atlantis by Busiek and Guice.

https://www.dcuniverseinfinite.com/c...2-bef835b62b9b

box.jpg

Not my favorite version of Aquaman but it was interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    It was called Aquaman: Sword of Atlantis by Busiek and Guice.

https://www.dcuniverseinfinite.com/c...2-bef835b62b9b

box.jpg

Not my favorite version of Aquaman but it was interesting.
    Thanks, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I've been searching for a character, probably during the Nu 52 era, that I vaguely remember. He was basically a temporary replacement for Aquaman. He was the son of a wealthy man. He started developing underwater powers, and weaknesses, as a teenager and lived in what was basically an aquarium.

I have a memory of a scene where he goes into the ocean and seeks out Atlantis. He meets Mera, who tells him that he may have the power to breathe underwater but that, at heart, he is a surface man.

So far, I can find no reference to the character. Does anybody know his name or what series it was? Thanks.
    We haven’t seen Joseph in a while, and Geoff Johns just recently brought back the Golden Age Aquaman who’s origin Joseph was initially derived from which I feel makes it even less likely he’ll make a return now but I think as a fan of the
    Character and would like to see him again.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    We haven’t seen Joseph in a while, and Geoff Johns just recently brought back the Golden Age Aquaman who’s origin Joseph was initially derived from which I feel makes it even less likely he’ll make a return now but I think as a fan of the
    Character and would like to see him again.
    I liked him too and thought the artwork in that series was fantastic. I also have read synopses of the Golden Age Aquaman although I haven't read any of the actual comics. The idea of learning meditation techniques to be able to go long periods without breathing and adjusting your body temperature to fight the cold, etc., is quite interesting.

But, yes, if they've brought back the GA Aquaman, then they'll probably ignore the existence of Arthur Joseph Curry.

Still lots of great Aquaman stuff out there. Death of... The Trench... Dead Water... I even read a Silver Age Aquaman story on DC Infinite just for laughs and nostalgia.