Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I only say.

The next era that i hope include some Krakoan things and in fact the same Krakoa...

Rogue marauders. that was the best single panel of all that mini. and the Pirate aproach is so much more Rogue than Kate.

I agree about the new character thing but I understand why they're introduced since, depending on their contract with Marvel, their creators have the potential to profit from them if they take off (ex. Moon Girl). But I prefer when new characters are introduced for an issue or an arc rather than being immediately added to the team, like Woofer.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    When I saw this thread, my mind immediately went back to Alan Moore's Youngblood proposal:

I find it hard to disagree with that. While I also like big teams and some writers have written larger team books very effectively with more than 6 characters, the truth is a lot of writers struggle to write team books and are unable to properly focus on multiple characters, so what's the point of adding characters to the roster if they're just going to be sitting around and be wallpaper?

And while I think that writers who are unable to write a team book should just not write a team book, a narrower focus could definitely help those who are more inexperienced with large casts and force them to give every character some attention.
    I'm in full agreement with the above.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    So how do we fix this? Rotating casts? The eventual sidelining of Scott, Jean, Kitty or Storm just so others can have some spotlight? Ship off characters to other corners of Marvel?
    I meant to include this in my first answer and forgot, sorry. Your own solution above is likely the only way to fix this. The problem is that I doubt that the X-office would actually do it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I meant to include this in my first answer and forgot, sorry. Your own solution above is likely the only way to fix this. The problem is that I doubt that the X-office would actually do it.
    If the X-office went the route of sidelining or retiring the 05/ANAD a-listers and put the future of the franchise in the hands of the New Mutants and beyond characters, that would be the beginning of the end of the x-franchise. It's the a-listers that carry the franchise, they are the ones who keep the readers coming back for more. I'm well aware that every character has their fans, even the most obscure but if anyone thinks that the new X-men team that got killed at the Hellfire Gala could carry the mantle of being the main x-team going forward is just kidding themselves. Sorry to say it but you put Cyclops, Logan,Jean, Storm, Rogue and Nightcrawler; just those six up against any group of mutants that exist and they would dominate in sales, interest and fans. No slight against other characters but it is what it is. People seem to believe it's more about the title and not the characters, I disagree. Put any group of b,c,or d-listers in a book called Uncanny X-Men and the six I mentioned in some random book and see which one does exceedingly better. Take Storm out of Red, is the same interest there? You can't force attraction, people like who they like and the vast majority likes the old school a-listers. Removing them from the spotlight, sidelining or retiring them will not elevate less popular characters to prominence or see them become the new standard bearers. If anything it will cause Marvel to lose readership. Just my two cents, I don't see the Dead X-Men cast or any group of lesser characters carrying the franchise to new heights in the new era to come.

Xmen
    Krakoan - World relationship Book. These five are fiding the way to make Krakoa great again. Also Humans allowed.
    Stark is the new old good Moira

Emma
    Stark
    Logan
    Scott
    Jean
    Sophie Cuckoo

Uncanny Xmen
    Saving the world Book- Treehouse and Mansion as bases. Their deserve their shot.
    Kate Pryde
    Logan
    Synch
    Talon
    Juggernaut
    Frenzy
    Cannonball
    Dazzler
    Jubilee
    Prodigy
    Celeste Cuckoo

Dark Xmen
    Limbo Book
    Maddy Pyror
    Havok
    Gimmick
    Emplate
    Zerolbert
    Bamfy
    Irma Cuckoo

They win Orchis "Fakedylne" and etc. will deal with Dark things magik and stuff yadayada.

Xforce
    Cable
    Sage
    Domino
    Omega Red
    Logan
    Wolverine
    Kwannon.
    Phoebe Cuckoo

You know what they do.

Marauders
    Captain Rogue the Shugah queen.
    Polaris her cocaptain (and ex-step daugther)
    Iceman
    Daken
    Aurora
    Esme Cuckoo

Argh. We all see that Mini. Rogue is a far more fun choice to a Pirate than Kate.

Ill split the Cuckoos to all of them being in a different book. so when they all together ill be more awww. moment.

About the Villians i mean Shaw and Selene level of Villian. Poccy and Exodus are grey characters now.

All of them out of Krakoa. and negected their nationality. Krakoa will be more strict with those things.

About the Minis or not minis.

Uncanny Avengers
    Wolverine (Logan)
    Thor
    Sunfire
    Captain America (Rogers)
    Scarlet Witch
    Polaris
    Deadpool
    Ironman
    Emma Frost

A lil mix of the Uncanny Vengers. adding the married couple to the mix as the daddys of both franchise. Where the Xmen and Avengers money come form? Form Stark and Frost funds. So basically saving the world being unity and stuff.

Xmen Green Origins.
    Mystique
    Destiny
    Rogue

If u like the blue one.... expect the green one.

Giant Size X-men
    Magneto
    Storm
    Emma Frost
    Wolverine (Logan)
    Phoenix (Jean)
    Phoenix and Emma Frost
    Universe size X-men

Story building stuff. and etc.

Also no more gala. they were fun but a security problem too.

I think an Uncanny Avengers team with Logan and Wade on it would make a lot of sense with Deadpool 3 coming out in 2024. Not sure who else... maybe Falcon-Cap, Thor, Black Widow... or perhaps White Widow... a few others. Put a top notch creative team on it and it's a seller for sure.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Brevoort has already talked about how we’re getting roughly the same number of books as usual, so taking the Destiny of X era as a baseline (as it was the last big “era” before the current minis), we had X-men, Immortal, Red, X-force, Marauders, Knights of X, Legion of X and New Mutants. So 8 team books, which I think is a decent enough number.

If it was up to me, the new line would be:
    Uncanny X-men (continuing the superheroic take, as protectors of the oppressed)
    New X-men (the young mutants lose their trust on the older ones and decide to create their own movement)
    X-treme X-men (Storm’s cosmic team)
    Excalibur (keep them as protectors of Otherworld, but bring back the Alan Davis vibe)
    X-factor (the team trying to rehabilitate mutantkind’s image)
    X-force (I like the mutant CIA concept, but they can do it better)
    Marauders (protectors of the newly reestablished nation of Genosha)
    New Mutants (a rescue team for newly-activated mutants across the world)

CASTS (max 7 per team)
    UXM: Jean Grey, Jubilee, Synch, Cyclops, Kitty, Thunderbird, Magik
    NXM: Surge, Armor, Laura, Hellion, Hope, Anole, Wind Dancer
    XXM: Storm, Cannonball, Manifold, Sunfire, Magneto, Khora
    EXC: Betsy, Pixie, Brian, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Askani
    XFA: Emma, Iceman, Angel, Dazzler, Northstar, Monet
    XFO: Wolverine, Cable, Bishop, Sage, Domino, Tempo, Boom Boom
    MRD: Polaris, Rogue, Gambit, Frenzy, Kwannon, Greycrow
    NMs: Moonstar, Warpath, Chamber, Husk, Dust, Cuckoos
    Great squads and direction. Not sure I would put Emma on XFA, if that team is supposed to rebrand mutants after Krakoa, though. Emma was such a forefront player in Krakoa: mind controlling the UN vote for Krakoa in the first place, Hellfire Queen responsible for distributing the drugs which ended up being poisoned with trojan horse weapons, and the face of the Galas, which is spun as 'the 9/11' by ORCHIS. A bit like having Osama Bin Ladin try to rebrand terrorists or something.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I want the Original Generation X team back:

Synch - co-leader
    Laura - co-leader

Rotating cast of:
    Skin
    Chamber
    Husk
    Vincente, Bulvark, Murmur
    Monet
    Jubilee
    Mondo
    Primal I
    Beacon
    Flex, Radius, Murmur II, Ghost Girl
    Nuwa
    Last edited by danielsan52; 11-28-2023 at 10:59 AM.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

As these things are usually pre-planned long in advance...I do wonder if Brevoort already has set ideas on the various teams and team members going in or have writers been submitting pitches for teams and plots for the new era. Or a bit of both.

Either way...regardless of how many books are published chances are I'll still be buying reading just the two or three that really hook me.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

That said, I think a proper X-Force/CIA book could work, but Percy was circling the drain for too long and didn't think wide enough. You can have a primary 'team' of 6 or whatever, but the CIA is a huge organization, and there should be actual teams of operatives and analysts and coordinators, support staff, etc. That's where you get to implement all the various C-Z list mutants with perfect powers/personalities for the various niches. And because those characters already have backstories and even a few fans out there, their roles are infused with even greater significance.

I guess Krakoa is off the board moving forward, but even just as a shadow government for mutants, the CIA concept could live on.

Cable, Bishop, Sage, Domino, Wolverine, and Kwannon can be the core '6'. Sometimes they actually go out as a unit to wreck stuff together, but more often than not they could be the sort of 'inner circle' to determine what the wider intuition is up to. They can sit at a psychic table and coordinate operations, each bringing their own insights to the table for greater consideration.

They lead sub-teams, and have further support staff, who would serve as supporting characters and cameos, respectively. This may seem like a ton of characters, and it is, but think of how many characters were in Game of Thrones? I mean, even just the central characters were more than a dozen, never mind all the supporting characters. With good writing they can all be developed and employed overtime. You just need a plot big enough to contain them all, which coordinating the security of mutantkind through time and space is.

Cable- temporal and mystical anomalies, weapons and technological development

On the look out for asynchronies to mutantkind's continued existence, and countermeasures.

Sub team:

Tempo, Magik, Forge, Danger, Whiz Kid

Bishop- threat assessment and neutralization, department of energy

Immediate dangers are dealt with, with extreme prejudice!

Monet, Magma, Warpath, Meltdown, Bedlam

Sage- data collation/analysis, personnel coordination

Knows everything about everyone.

Trinary, Prodigy, Karma, Multiple Man, Pete Wisdom

Domino- emergency intervention, extraction/support

Need a miracle?

Siryn, Manifold, Triage, Warlock, Doop

Wolverine- inter-agency relations, superhero/outer space interference

Outward facing, public façade of X-Force, full of its well-known, charismatic members who can work a press conference or make things happen. Best there is at what they do.

Cypher, Moonstar, Sunspot, Cannonball, Skids

Kwannon-mutant underground trafficking, organized crime infiltration, etc.

Interacts with the darkest side of humanity.

Greycrow, Shatterstar, X-Stacy, Rictor, Feral
    Last edited by yogaflame; 11-28-2023 at 11:38 AM.

Damn. I kind of like Wolverine as the face man. Prominent X-men mainstay and Avenger both. I’ve always thought he could be like the mutant version of Nick Fury, but maybe using X-Corp as a front for X-Force espionage/mutant CIA work. With Logan just posing as a high level executive as his cover. Something like that could be a fun status quo shift for him IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Damn. I kind of like Wolverine as the face man. Prominent X-men mainstay and Avenger both. I’ve always thought he could be like the mutant version of Nick Fury, but maybe using X-Corp as a front for X-Force espionage/mutant CIA work. With Logan just posing as a high level executive as his cover. Something like that could be a fun status quo shift for him IMO.
    Yeah, it was your idea that made me think of him that way, and it would be a tactical advantage, leveraging his popularity with various other heroes and organizations that way. I definitely see him as the "Nick Fury" of this X-Force/CIA/Mutant SHIELD. I think putting them on Graymulkin or SHIP would be the ticket too, like their own Helicarrier.

Yeah, I've always felt that Logan made sense in that kind of a role now, after being on not only the X-men for so long but also leading several incarnations of X-Force as well as being on several different Avengers squads (New, Uncanny and regular). Not to mention he's a reserve Fantastic Four member and a reserve Defender too. He's had top secret clearance by being a SHIELD asset on occasion, and has history with most of the Marvel Universe's non-mutant supes. So this kind of a status quo shift makes sense at this point IMO. And with him being so connected and well known, at least while in costume, it made me think he needs a legitimate cover too. I mean, Batman has Bruce Wayne, CEO of Wayne Enterprises, to hide behind. And I'm not necessarily talking about hiding his secret identity, as Logan doesn't have one. He's a full time supe in terms of his occupation. But rather an occupational identity that justifies him being in certain parts of the world while secretly conducting clandestine operations with X-Force, the mutant CIA. So to me making him, along with the others you put on his squad (Roberto, Sam, Dani, etc.), executives with X-Corp would work perfectly for that. I'm thinking James "Logan" Howlett, Executive Vice President of Global Supply Chain & Security for X-Corp... or something along those lines.

Then again, having said all that, this is a role that Cable could also fill quite nicely if Logan goes back to being on the main X-men squad and Nathan ends up leading X-Force again. He doesn't work quite as well as Logan as the liaison to the rest of the superhuman community, even though he has been an X-man, X-Force leader and an Uncanny Avenger himself. But he lacks all the connections Logan has and definitely doesn't play as nicely with other supes. But if he has Sam and Berto on his squad, they can be the guys who help Nathan play nicer in the global superhuman sandbox. At least IMO. And if you want to use Cable's spaceship as a mobile base for X-Force... well, I would think he's got to be the guy calling the shots. Unless for some reason he's indisposed at the start of the Brevoort era. Or somehow gets swapped out for his younger counterpart, Kid Cable, again. As much as I don't like Kid Cable and prefer the original, the thought of him on a Logan-led X-Force team, which acts as the mutant CIA and operates out of Graymalkin... well, I don't hate it. Maybe Logan is one of the people who shaped OG Cable into the man he becomes... we just don't know it yet because it hasn't happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    There is a cool old What If issue were Logan takes over from Nick and runs Shield.

Oh yeah... that was definitely in my mind...

How Wolverine Became an Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. For Real!
    https://www.cbr.com/wolverine-agent-of-shield/