Multiple man
    Havok
    Polaris
    Rachel
    Monet
    Dazzler

Fantastic Member

workable line -up?
    Those with the same backgound/skills like magic characters (Excalibur) /investigative (X-factor) or even youth perks (new mutants/Academy x) on a mission but all that I have mentioned is nothing new.
    1.) So how about exploring the Arraki culture/history from the perspective of young mutants, a group with supervise from an Adult or New mutant core.
    2.) They have a lots of X-men that a computer genius , they could master/influence the social media and stop mutant hate or minimize it. (Kitty/ doug/trinary)
    3.) Or just giving us the X-men family stories (Summers/Grey, Darkholme, Guthrie) , dramas ,comedy or action can be made on this family.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Just went back and checked. Wolverine was in the book and/or on the covers until issue #39. They’re currently on issue #46, and he’s coming back next issue. So he was only gone for 7 issues, and they replaced him with Laura. Plus had Deadpool on the team. The point being that I’m not sure the X-Force brand is the seller you think it is anymore. At least without Wolverine anchoring it and helping to boost sales.

As much as I’d love this to be true, as I’m a huge Cable stan and also enjoy Bishop, and loved Children of the Vault… the sales on that mini weren’t great. Just saying. Now, having said that… throw in Deadpool and maybe Laura too, put Greg Capullo or someone major on covers… with a good interior artist and maybe an up and coming X-writer like Deniz Camp… then maybe it has a chance to be a top seller without Logan in it.

It’s worth a shot. Wolverine can’t be on every team after all, and since he’s back with the X-men in Duggan’s book and rejoining X-Force… well, maybe in the Brevoort era they’ll give X-Force back to Cable to lead and give him another go. Fingers crossed…
    I didn't have time to read through all of X-Force, but your right, Wolverine was in the comic more than I thought. Maybe I confused some of his stories with what was happening in his Solo comic.

You are right about Children of the Vault not being a top selling book. I still think that you can make something of it though. Word of mouth has been pretty favorable towards it from what I have seen. Could be wrong on that though. But if reviews are favorable than you at least get some buzz on a monthly relaunch. Hopefully the Cable mini coming up helps.

Maybe I am being to optimistic here, but I am willing to die on the hill that says that Cable can mean something again. Well maybe not willing to die for a comic, but you get my point I hope.

Edit: And yes you could add Logan to help with sells coming out of the gate. That would certainly help.
    Last edited by Thievery; 12-01-2023 at 04:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    Uncanny

Storm
    Magneto
    Psylocke
    Kwannon
    Rogue
    Gambit
    Wolverine
    Nightcrawler

Adjectiveless

Cyclops
    Jean
    Bishop
    Kitty
    Iceman
    Warren
    Beast
    Xavier
    Colossus

X-Force

Domino
    X23
    Warpath
    Syrin
    Rictor
    Boom boom
    Cannonball
    Sunspot

X-Factor

Emma
    Multiple man
    Havok
    Polaris
    Rachel
    Monet
    Dazzler
    Your Uncanny team is perfection. Would love to read this.

I so wished Betsy and Kwannon could be in e book together due to the complexity of their shared history.
    A picture would last longer darling...

I tried to work with the current landscape of books and what teams I'd envision going forward. That said, this might be all be moot ideas if Brevoort really is going to shake-up the franchise in a back to the basics way when he takes the helm.

The post-image limit is forcing me to split this into two parts so apologies on that. :P

Uncanny X-Men
    Leader: Storm

Similar to the X-Men Red concept, these X-Men would spend a majority time in space and dealing with cosmic threats. Jean has reunited with the PF and now is exploring a cosmic awareness, Storm continues to wrestle with Arrako, and Magneto is trying to catch up with all he has missed since his resurrection. Meanwhile, Ms Marvel is tracking down the disappearance of Monica (Spectrum) in the big blue beyond with the aide of fellow champion teammate X-23.

X-Men
    Leader: Cyclops

Regular superheroics on earth and based mainly in the USA, they're fighting Orchis and hunting down Moira. Banshee has a lot of personal stakes in this, but will also include classic soap opera elements with the culmination of Banshee and Emma's past flirtation from Generation X and has Cyclops navigating an awkward situation he wasn't prepared for. the less we mention Tony and Emma...

X-Force
    Leader: Gambit

X-Force standard, but with a few new additions who have never been on it like Gambit and Shadowcat. Also a bit different in that Gambit steps into a lead role and utilizes his connections with the Thieves Guild as a resource to tap into the dark markets around the world involving mutants. Probably not as gore-heavy as it has been in past iterations, but definitely still want to lean in with this book as the pro-active, covert and security book.

X-Corp
    Leader: Betsy Braddock

Betsy steps into a new role as an international mutant ambassador and assembles a team of mutants tasked with extending their reach further into various countries allied with or against Krakoa. Bringing the book back to a global organization, I want this book to be what Marauders wasn't; more political and exploring how different countries handle mutants. On the drama side of things, I'm breaking up Rachel x Betsy and instead giving her bisexual romantic tension / angst with ex Neal Shaara and Karma.

X-Factor
    Leader: Polaris

X-Factor will delve into the more sci-fi side of the franchise, focusing around the appearance of a mysterious illness resembling the legacy virus which is starting to affect mutants in isolated populations. Dark Beast is back with a vengeance and causing havoc, as Beast seems to finally realize how far he has fallen. Polaris assembles a team to track him down while trying to answer a riddle poised by DB on what makes mutants special (an "X-Factor") in the MU; the team would have to resolve conflicts with other meta-human races such as the Children of the Vault, The Neo, AUs, time-travel, and pocket dimensions. maybe should have been named Exiles...

But yea, that's my pitch of five books with seven members each. I tried to not have any overlap while exploring different concepts. I was tempted to squeeze in an Academy X book as they are long overdue, but felt like I was stretching the line a bit too thin and was running out of concepts. Also, everyone needs slightly adjusted (new haircuts, suit colors, etc...) or straight up new uniforms (looking at you New Mutants...), new eras should have new looks / clothes.
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 12-01-2023 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Brevoort has already talked about how we’re getting roughly the same number of books as usual, so taking the Destiny of X era as a baseline (as it was the last big “era” before the current minis), we had X-men, Immortal, Red, X-force, Marauders, Knights of X, Legion of X and New Mutants. So 8 team books, which I think is a decent enough number.

If it was up to me, the new line would be:
    Uncanny X-men (continuing the superheroic take, as protectors of the oppressed)
    New X-men (the young mutants lose their trust on the older ones and decide to create their own movement)
    X-treme X-men (Storm’s cosmic team)
    Excalibur (keep them as protectors of Otherworld, but bring back the Alan Davis vibe)
    X-factor (the team trying to rehabilitate mutantkind’s image)
    X-force (I like the mutant CIA concept, but they can do it better)
    Marauders (protectors of the newly reestablished nation of Genosha)
    New Mutants (a rescue team for newly-activated mutants across the world)

CASTS (max 7 per team)
    UXM: Jean Grey, Jubilee, Synch, Cyclops, Kitty, Thunderbird, Magik
    NXM: Surge, Armor, Laura, Hellion, Hope, Anole, Wind Dancer
    XXM: Storm, Cannonball, Manifold, Sunfire, Magneto, Khora
    EXC: Betsy, Pixie, Brian, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Askani
    XFA: Emma, Iceman, Angel, Dazzler, Northstar, Monet
    XFO: Wolverine, Cable, Bishop, Sage, Domino, Tempo, Boom Boom
    MRD: Polaris, Rogue, Gambit, Frenzy, Kwannon, Greycrow
    NMs: Moonstar, Warpath, Chamber, Husk, Dust, Cuckoos
    So I had some time off, so I came up with complete teams. The general concepts are still the same as above, but I made some changes to line-ups and merged NXM and New Mutants to leave a spot for Alpha Flight.
    Notes: One big plot point would be that most of the Quiet Council would be in hiding after their failure to protect Krakoa. Frost would be a secret benefactor to X-factor, not a public member. The Five would also be MIA, which is a mystery the New Mutants would tackle.

Last edited by Factor; 12-01-2023 at 03:46 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Add Talisman and Marinna to that Alpha Flight Team and I'm all in. Well...all in even more. I miss AF. *runs to my room, crying in misery.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I love the graphics you talented bunch are putting together. It's exciting just looking at the logos and character profile photos.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

That X-Force lineup has too much badass in one book. Bishop, Cable and Logan!?
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Ultimate Member

I'm more intrigued by seeing Sage and Domino on the same team. They've been used / written kind of similarly, much like Bishop and Cable, so it would be neat to see them play off each other. (The obvious route would be for them to not get along, but it could be fun, and perhaps even in-character, if they are playing to expectations and *do* work well together!)

Also like that Marauders lineup with Greycrow and Kwannon back on a book, and Lorna as the 'big gun' of the team. And Frenzy! And Dust and Tempo also appearing on teams!

But that X-Factor lineup. That's all mutants who are also in some sense showy, celebrities and / or stars. Big, big 'face' team! Wind-Dancer might seem like the least on-theme, except for her recent stint being heavily involved in Mojoworld broadcast business.

Loving the Extreme X-Men lineup. Pretty much right out of Red. Storm, Magneto, Sunspot, grabbing Cannonball and Ilyanna, which is cool, yet more New Mutants graduating up to the big leagues. And more for Sunfire, historically underused. I like that he, and Banshee, found places to land.

About the only immediate quibble's I'd have is I'd rather see Thunderbird than Warpath on a book (if I had to pick just one), and while Prodigy, Surge, Dust found places to land, where's that other Academy X-era dude that Rift is always on about? Is he not on a team book because he's going to be busy in his solo book?

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post

X-Force
    Leader: Gambit

X-Force standard, but with a few new additions who have never been on it like Gambit and Shadowcat. Also a bit different in that Gambit steps into a lead role and utilizes his connections with the Thieves Guild as a resource to tap into the dark markets around the world involving mutants. Probably not as gore-heavy as it has been in past iterations, but definitely still want to lean in with this book as the pro-active, covert and security book.
    I like that you have Kate with X-Force. I think this suits her current incarnation better.

Pretty badass squad. But I cannot imagine that with Deadpool 3 coming out next year we don’t get an Uncanny X-Force type squad with Logan and Wade both on it again. Or some book featuring the two of them together in it… X-Force… New/Uncanny Avengers… something like that.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Lol you’re right. Cable was originally part of my cosmic team, but he’s been away from X-force for a while, so I thought it would be fun to see him return to fix the mess Beast made.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I'm more intrigued by seeing Sage and Domino on the same team. They've been used / written kind of similarly, much like Bishop and Cable, so it would be neat to see them play off each other. (The obvious route would be for them to not get along, but it could be fun, and perhaps even in-character, if they are playing to expectations and *do* work well together!)

Also like that Marauders lineup with Greycrow and Kwannon back on a book, and Lorna as the 'big gun' of the team. And Frenzy! And Dust and Tempo also appearing on teams!

But that X-Factor lineup. That's all mutants who are also in some sense showy, celebrities and / or stars. Big, big 'face' team! Wind-Dancer might seem like the least on-theme, except for her recent stint being heavily involved in Mojoworld broadcast business.

Loving the Extreme X-Men lineup. Pretty much right out of Red. Storm, Magneto, Sunspot, grabbing Cannonball and Ilyanna, which is cool, yet more New Mutants graduating up to the big leagues. And more for Sunfire, historically underused. I like that he, and Banshee, found places to land.

About the only immediate quibble's I'd have is I'd rather see Thunderbird than Warpath on a book (if I had to pick just one), and while Prodigy, Surge, Dust found places to land, where's that other Academy X-era dude that Rift is always on about? Is he not on a team book because he's going to be busy in his solo book?
    You know, I get the Sage/Domino comparison, but I think there are enough differences that it would work. I see Sage as the more cerebral and calculating type, whereas Domino is much more impulsive and action-oriented. They’re actually both already on the same team right now, but Percy’s take on them is not the best.
    That X-factor has been in my head for years (sometimes as Astonishing X-men), but always the celebrity PR team. Iceman and Dazzler are made for something like this, IMO.
    My X-treme team used to be more similar to current Red, but I thought it would be cool to see other heavy hitters like Magik and Sunfire join. I also never understood why Cannonball is not a regular player in that book.
    Both Thunderbird and Warpath are there actually. TB is in my UXM team and Warpath is with the New Mutants. Hellion used to be in my X-factor line-up when all teams had 8 members, but he didn’t make the cut.

Pretty badass squad. But I cannot imagine that with Deadpool 3 coming out next year we don’t get an Uncanny X-Force type squad with Logan and Wade both on it again. Or some book featuring the two of them together in it… X-Force… New/Uncanny Avengers… something like that.
    Oh for sure Brevoort is going to have an X-force team co-starring Wolverine and Deadpool. But Wade is far from my favorite, so I didn’t include him.