Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

For me it depends on who’s writing him. Remender’s Deadpool in Uncanny X-Force Vol. 1 was awesome I thought. But when they play him as a pure fool? Nah. Not a fan of that. But I love his chemistry with Logan. Perhaps even more than his chemistry with Cable, which I know sounds a bit sacrilegious coming from me. But there’s something about the fact that Wade knows his healing abilities are derived from Logan, and the pedestal he puts him up on, and how much that grates on Logan’s nerves…
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    The X-Factor line! I would so buy this. The potential of them all. Friends. Frenemies. Banter. Former romances/chemistry/tensions. Bobby-Northstar. Bobby-Warren. Warren-Dazzler. Warren-Monet. Emma-Monet. Warren-Emma (and Monet-everyone else)
    Juicy!
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    The X-Factor line! I would so buy this. The potential of them all. Friends. Frenemies. Banter. Former romances/chemistry/tensions. Bobby-Northstar. Bobby-Warren. Warren-Dazzler. Warren-Monet. Emma-Monet. Warren-Emma (and Monet-everyone else)
    Juicy!
    Wind-Dancer interests me with this group, because she's familiar with Emma (the team mentor for her biggest rival team), but really only seems to have interacted with Northstar, the professor of her 'flying class,' in which she got off to a bad start by blowing everyone over. That intrigues me because JP also doesn't really have as much history with many of the others, who have all sorts of stuff going on in common / past associations (with Warren and Alison, having dated, IIRC, being the most obvious two).

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Wind-Dancer interests me with this group, because she's familiar with Emma (the team mentor for her biggest rival team), but really only seems to have interacted with Northstar, the professor of her 'flying class,' in which she got off to a bad start by blowing everyone over. That intrigues me because JP also doesn't really have as much history with many of the others, who have all sorts of stuff going on in common / past associations (with Warren and Alison, having dated, IIRC, being the most obvious two).
    Wind-Dancer worked for Archangel and Monet in X-Corp. Not a lot of interaction, but she took their paychecks. She didn't seem to like Monet's attitude.

Northstar probably knows every X-Man because of the Utopia and Krakkoa eras even if it wasn't shown on panel, but he knows Iceman and Angel pretty well from their time on Austen's X-Men pretty well. Northstar was mad at Angel because he had invested in Warren's company and wasn't at all happy about how Warren was costing him money. They had some other interactions as well. It was a pretty big deal in the comic that Northstar had a crush on Bobby, and Bobby acted homophobic. I doubt that Northstar has forgotten that Iceman threatened to kill him in the Dominant Species story arch.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I doubt that Northstar has forgotten that Iceman threatened to kill him in the Dominant Species story arch.
    Another opportunity I feel like has been missed, a group shot where some Krakoans are meeting about something and Northstar is hovering about twenty feet above everyone on the ground.

"Yo, JP? We're down here..." "So's Wolverine. As a general rule, I don't go within jumping distance of those claws. Not again."

'Cause I'd sure hold a grudge, and he's way, way saltier than I am.

Fantastic Member

I want the new era to start like this:

After the Fall of X the world learns about true nature of the Orchis - genocidal maniacs. Everyone who ever worked for them is arrested and put into jail for the rest of their lives. UN establish a Telepathic Council (Jean, Strange, Moondragon and Uranian) to mindread entire planet to find everyone who knows how to create Sentinels and other genocidal technologies. All memories, physical and digital records are discovered and erased. All Sentinels, Nimrod and Karima's sentinel body (Karima is resurrected as human) are disabled and teleported into the Sun by Lactuca. UN prohibit creation of Sentinels; they are forever gone. Various other maniacs like Purifiers are also arrested and put into jails.

The world hatred towards mutants is revealed to be a machinations of Sublime, Stasis and Mother Righteous. X-Men manage to purge this influence, so now majority of humans no longer hate mutants; there is still some hatred, but it is mostly on a personal level and towards individual mutants not the entire species.

The X-Men are celebrated as world heroes and Krakoans passport are accepted in all countries.

-------------------------------
    From in-universe point of view I think a lot of popular X-Men went from so many disasters over the years (which for them was 10-15 years, so basically a new disaster every week) that they should be too tired and/or traumatized to continue. And some of them became too powerful, so they could do more than just stay on one team. So, now when mutants are no longer endangered and situation is the best it ever was, many of them preferred to retire and do something else.

Xavier - retires and go to Shi'ar to live with Xandra
    Cyclops - retires and go adventuring with Corsair and Starjammers
    Jean - becomes White Phoenix and deals with cosmic threats, for example joins Guardians of the Galaxy
    Iceman - goes to Asgard to fight jotuns, or maybe give him and Loki a book and make them a pair
    Beast - becomes a full-time villain and enemy of the x-men, with how much he knows about them, he would be a dangerous foe
    Angel - power-wise he is useless without Archangel's powerset, and even with it, so let him leave X-Men and settle in Los Angeles, become a movie star or something like that. He is doing street-level heroics sometimes, but mostly left superhero's life behind
    Havok and Madelyne Pryor - stay in Limbo
    Colossus - after being dead for years, then brainwashed and used by Ord, then possessed by Juggernaut's power, then controlled by Mikhail, he is emotionally too broken and leaves X-Men to settle down away from superheroes and becomes an ordinary painter.
    Nightcrawler - he worked quite good as "Spider-Man", so let him stay in New York and be a street-level hero. Or sent him to Los Angeles so he can be Spider-Man there, maybe give him solo with Angel and maybe Colossus guest-starring sometimes
    Wolverine - after most of his friends moved on from X-Men, he also leaves and rejoins Avengers
    Betsy Braddock and Rachel Summers - stay with Captain Britain Corps, spent most of their time in Otherworld and other realities
    Emma Frost - leaves the X-Men and opens an international school for all youngsters with powers as well as various prodigies
    Shadowcat - after her ninja days during Fall of X decided to stay in grey zone, moves to New York and appears in books of people like Punisher, Daredevil, Elektra, Moon Knight, Black Widow, etc.

-------------------------------
    And now about the books and teams:

X-Men - Not so much a team as an ensemble of rotating characters, basically everyone who ever appeared in x-books, can appear here. They deal not with aliens, gods or time-travelling conquerors, etc., but with natural disasters, like earthquakes, tsunamis, tornadoes, etc., provide healing, help with rebuilding destroyed buildings, provide fresh water, help with recultivating the earth, etc. They work to increase the general quality of life of everyone. To do so, Krakoans re-establish Mutantes Sans Frontières an international charity organization that provides help to all countries free of charge. It is sponsored by Xavier, Frost, Angel, Monet, Karma, Sunspot as well as various charity events organized by famous mutants (actors, models, singers, writers, artists, etc.) like Northstar, Dazzler, Lila Cheney, Jumbo Carnation, Big Bertha, Pyro, Gorgon, etc. Organization also takes over distributions of Krakoan medicines from Hellfire Trading Company.
    - Synch + Magik - field leaders and main aces, jacks-of-all-trades; in case of some unpredicted emergencies Synch can manifest anyone's power to deal with it and Illyana can use magic.
    - Sage + Stepford Cuckoos - mission control, Sage can analyze every situation and choose x-men best suited to deal with it, while Cuckoos contact them and Magik gather them and teleport group into field. One of the Cuckoos also go into field and keep everyone telepathically connected with Sage.

Some of the x-characters who appear, depending on the situation:
    - Magma - she stops earthquakes and volcanoes and deals with their consequences
    - Petra - she helps Magma if needed, she also works in areas hit by landslides
    - Pyro, Match - they deals with fire, mostly forest fires, but also with industrial fire
    - Wind Dancer, Monsoon - deals with tornadoes
    - Dust - deals with sandstorms
    - Namor - deals with tsunamis and provides consultations to various island and coast nations on how to better utilize sea resources without endangering them
    - Meggan and/or Nature Girl - she have a similar role to Namor, she helps to keep balance between nature and humanity
    - Decay (Georgia Dakey), Dancing Water and Megan Ogawa - they helps in areas hit by tsunamis or snowslides, they also provide arid areas with water (by moving seawater from ocean and using powers to turn it into fresh water).
    - Creep, Dryad and Clara Prast - they work on recultivating forests, and on growing vegetable and fruit plants in areas struck by famines
    - Mondo - he deals with industrial disasters like oil spill (by absorbing them into his body).
    - Alchemy, Alchemist, Chrome - they help Mondo by transforming harmful mater into something useful
    - Skein - she works in tandem with transmutation squad to create useful things
    - Forge, Box and Danger - they work on restoring damaged infrastructure, they often works with Mondo, Alchemy, Alchemist and Chrome, who provide them with materials needed.
    - Juggernaut, Rockslide, Gentle, Armor, Loa - they mainly deal with removing the rubbles and/or demolishing the damaged buildings
    - Cipher, Shinobi Shaw, Mole, Jeffrey Garrett, Amelia Voght, Neophyte, Scanner, Tattoo - they help with rescuing people from under the rubbles
    - Amass + Tommy / Mercury / Rubber Maid / Abyss / Gorgeous George - Amass merges with either of the rest and use their powers to enter the rubbles and searh for victims, once found, she merges with them as well and move them to the surface through her body
    - Masque, Triage, Microbe, Lionel Jeffries, Plague, Host, Benazir Kaur and Sanjar Javeed - they help to heal people and deal with infections and diseases
    - Faiza Hussain, Wither, Autumn Rolfson - they work together on dealing with organic threats, Faiza disassemble it, while Kevin or Autumn destroy the harmful part, and Faiza then reassemble it back.
    - Somnus, Maxime and Manon - after training with Emma, they can now provide people with memories of months/years of psychological consultations to help them deal with their psychological traumas

X-Men Red - continue as is, dealing with Arrakko and cosmic politics
    - Storm
    - Vulcan
    - Sunfire
    - Redroot
    - Wiz Kid
    - Frenzy
    - Sunspot
    - Khora

Uncanny X-Men - more typical superheroes
    - Polaris
    - Monet
    - Rogue
    - Forge
    - Quicksilver
    - Siryn
    - Manifold

Immortal X-Men - X-Men only met few of the Externals before, but now Selene reveals what there are many dozens of them, but majority were kept dead by her, Gideon and others. Some due to personal enmity, but many due to them being too crazy/evil, even by Selene's standards. And now, thanks to resurrection protocols (and also thanks to return of Arrakko where some of these externals were before) unknown number of these Externals are back and in full power, lurking all around the world. With majority of the previously known Externals still stuck in the External Gate, Selene propose to gather a team, revealing what many known mutants are actually Externals. (based on BobbysWorld's idea from another thread)
    - Selene of Corruption
    - Exodus of Fate
    - Nate Grey of Salvation
    - Cannonball of Hope
    - Dazzler of Inspiration
    - Emplate of Hunger
    - Lodus Logos of Creativity
    - Lactuca of Infinity

X-Factor - officially recognized by UN as international organization for dealing with crimes against mutants and crimes committed by mutants
    - Bishop and Bashee - coleaders, as former detective and Interpol agent, they are best prepared for investigating crimes
    - Thunderbird - uses his superhuman senses on crime scenes to find evidences.
    - Eye-Boy - gets a secondary mutation that removes majority of eyes all other his body, concentrating all powers in his normal eyes. Also gets a new name - Argus. Uses his visual powers on crime scenes to find evidences.
    - Trinary - gathers digital evidences
    - Blindfold - uses retrocognition, psychometry and telepathy to find criminals and determine their motives and guilt
    - Blink-616

X-Force - clandestine CIA-like organization, they are more spies and thieves than killers
    - Cable
    - Domino
    - Warpath
    - Kwannon
    - Scalphunter
    - Gambit
    - Nocturne
    - Cipher
    - Danger
    - Vanisher

New X-Men - team of young mutants. They are no longer students, and not X-Men-in-training, they are their own independent team who works on their own and have their own adventures
    - Hellion and Surge - coleaders
    - Wind Dancer
    - X-23
    - Elixir
    - Prodigy
    - Pixie
    - Dust
    - Anole
    Last edited by Harasar; 12-06-2023 at 11:38 PM.

This post has got me so, so irked, I can't help. I know it would be better if I moved on and pretended to not read it, but I can't.
    Starting by saying that anyone's entitled to their opinion on the X-Future, I would go without insulting one character (and, consequently, their fans).

I think such a "happy" ending works on theory, but on paper it wouldn't, especially on the long run. X-Men without completely removing the Sentinels and hatred aren't X-Men, they are just another group of superpowered characters. Aren't there enough in the MU (not to mention comics world?). Would there be enough "new ideas" to properly write these groups as well?
    Also. With the unique way in which mutation works, in-world anyone will always campaign and rally against them, and will always search for a way to erase the X-gene, or prevent mutants from get born, or discriminate them for security reasons.
    I agree that, after Orchis is defeated and exposed, we should get a period in which there pendulum swings the other side, meaning Mutants suddenly considered heroes and "saints", treated as such (I think it's what happens in our world as well). But with time things would settle, and eventually the issue would start to return. Also, I see it quite unethical the whole "mindread the whole planet". "Flatscans" would never accept this: we've seen in real life that, under the proper stimulus/fear, people are willing accept any limitation to their freedom governments throw their way, but this, invasion of the mind? Who would reassure them their minds aren't tempered with? There would be such a backlash that the golden age of peace and love wouldn't even start. IMHO.

Anyway. It's this
    Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    So, now when mutants are no longer endangered and situation is the best it ever was, many of them preferred to retire and do something else.
    that had me turn green in Hulk-way.
    Of course anyone's entitled to their opinion but I see some wrong takes on some characters, two of which are actually an insult to the fans of the characters.

Angel. Is one of those who became superhero on his own and was always interested in doing it. Also, he would never be an actor or something. He's not extrovert, since X-Factor times, he would never do a job like that. If he really retired, and he wouldn't, he would move to pro-bono and humanitarian roles, backed up by his money. Also, why should he move to Los Angeles, when Worthington Enterprises (his second job) is in New York?
    I agree that he could return to (safer/easier) street-level heroics, but he likes to be part of a team.
    He did live through tragedies in the span of 10/15 years (parents + Candy killed, Hodge who betrayed him, amputation, Archangel, wings amputation again, Ascension+reset, two breaks up with soulmate Betsy) so he would definitely need psychological help, but I don't see him leave the X-Men behind - they're part of his life and the only family he has.
    Also, as a fan, and since this very adjective was basically thrown around by X-Office in us fans' face, I take it hard the whole "is useless". Especially "even with Archangel's power". Seriously? Have you read Uncanny X-Force?! Where he basically was the flying version of Wolverine? (and, mind me, I'm not speaking about his Ascended/Apocalypse version, but pre-Dark Angel Saga, Archangel).
    I'm getting tired of this whole "Angel is useless" spiel.
    I might agree that power-wise he falls on the bottom of today X-Men's roster, but I can't see why you treat him like a useless character that needs to be retired, while other characters (that should've never had any place in Avengers in the first place) are happily assigned to Avengers duty. He's Sam Wilson but with natural wings, and also a better flyer and better fighter in air and also has other assets (bird abilities Sam doesn't). This without letting Archangel out to play. Thank you.
    (no offense to Sam's fans. I read his Axis-related content and I liked it).

Iceman. Bobby is very dependant on his X-Men family. He could move to Asgard for some adventure but he would never stay away too much. He eventually always reverts back to the X-Men.

Beast. To wish Hank to turn full-villain is an insult to anyone who ever liked Hank since 1963 up to 2018. Do not let Mungho read you.

I only agree on Colossus. He has tried to retire more than once and often expressed the wish to live a quiet life, if I'm not wrong. After everything it happened to him, it would make sense for him to retire (at least for a bit).

Sorry if I come out excessively snappy. But, seriously, as Warren fan, I can't further accept that a portion of the X-Fans think Warren useless. It's because of vocal fans who says so, that X-Office believe there's no interest in Warren and can either be used as ridiculous damsel in distress (last year's X-Force) or pretty much forgotten even when he should be involved (Children of the Atom). Or used as a drone prop and one of the only, if not the only, A+B-list mutant truly dead during Fall of X.
    Instead of advocating for putting a limit to how the powers keep growing, so much that anyone who isn't Omega (or Wolverine) are becoming useless, or build an X-line that can juggle Omegas as well as street-level mutants, we call those who aren't powerhouses just useless and move on. Great.
    Last edited by Hakka84; 12-03-2023 at 10:44 AM.
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

Harasar,

I like this idea and your team line-ups. Sprinkle in a few minis every quarter for a diversity of story and character exposure to keep things fresh. You have my vote to lead the next wave of X-Men books!

Fantastic Member

This post has got me so, so irked, I can't help. I know it would be better if I moved on and pretended to not read it, but I can't.
    Starting by saying that anyone's entitled to their opinion on the X-Future, I would go without insulting one character (and, consequently, their fans).

I think such a "happy" ending works on theory, but on paper it wouldn't, especially on the long run. X-Men without completely removing the Sentinels and hatred aren't X-Men, they are just another group of superpowered characters. Aren't there enough in the MU (not to mention comics world?). Would there be enough "new ideas" to properly write these groups as well?
    Also. With the unique way in which mutation works, in-world anyone will always campaign and rally against them, and will always search for a way to erase the X-gene, or prevent mutants from get born, or discriminate them for security reasons.
    I agree that, after Orchis is defeated and exposed, we should get a period in which there pendulum swings the other side, meaning Mutants suddenly considered heroes and "saints", treated as such (I think it's what happens in our world as well). But with time things would settle, and eventually the issue would start to return. Also, I see it quite unethical the whole "mindread the whole planet". "Flatscans" would never accept this: we've seen in real life that, under the proper stimulus/fear, people are willing accept any limitation to their freedom governments throw their way, but this, invasion of the mind? Who would reassure them their minds aren't tempered with? There would be such a backlash that the golden age of peace and love wouldn't even start. IMHO.

Anyway. It's this

that had me turn green in Hulk-way.
    Of course anyone's entitled to their opinion but I see some wrong takes on some characters, two of which are actually an insult to the fans of the characters.

Angel. Is one of those who became superhero on his own and was always interested in doing it. Also, he would never be an actor or something. He's not extrovert, since X-Factor times, he would never do a job like that. If he really retired, and he wouldn't, he would move to pro-bono and humanitarian roles, backed up by his money. Also, why should he move to Los Angeles, when Worthington Enterprises (his second job) is in New York?
    I agree that he could return to (safer/easier) street-level heroics, but he likes to be part of a team.
    He did live through tragedies in the span of 10/15 years (parents + Candy killed, Hodge who betrayed him, amputation, Archangel, wings amputation again, Ascension+reset, two breaks up with soulmate Betsy) so he would definitely need psychological help, but I don't see him leave the X-Men behind - they're part of his life and the only family he has.
    Also, as a fan, and since this very adjective was basically thrown around by X-Office in us fans' face, I take it hard the whole "is useless". Especially "even with Archangel's power". Seriously? Have you read Uncanny X-Force?! Where he basically was the flying version of Wolverine? (and, mind me, I'm not speaking about his Ascended/Apocalypse version, but pre-Dark Angel Saga, Archangel).
    I'm getting tired of this whole "Angel is useless" spiel.
    I might agree that power-wise he falls on the bottom of today X-Men's roster, but I can't see why you treat him like a useless character that needs to be retired, while other characters (that should've never had any place in Avengers in the first place) are happily assigned to Avengers duty. He's Sam Wilson but with natural wings, and also a better flyer and better fighter in air and also has other assets (bird abilities Sam doesn't). This without letting Archangel out to play. Thank you.
    (no offense to Sam's fans. I read his Axis-related content and I liked it).

Iceman. Bobby is very dependant on his X-Men family. He could move to Asgard for some adventure but he would never stay away too much. He eventually always reverts back to the X-Men.

Beast. To wish Hank to turn full-villain is an insult to anyone who ever liked Hank since 1963 up to 2018. Do not let Mungho read you.

I only agree on Colossus. He has tried to retire more than once and often expressed the wish to live a quiet life, if I'm not wrong. After everything it happened to him, it would make sense for him to retire (at least for a bit).

Sorry if I come out excessively snappy. But, seriously, as Warren fan, I can't further accept that a portion of the X-Fans think Warren useless. It's because of vocal fans who says so, that X-Office believe there's no interest in Warren and can either be used as ridiculous damsel in distress (last year's X-Force) or pretty much forgotten even when he should be involved (Children of the Atom). Or used as a drone prop and one of the only, if not the only, A+B-list mutant truly dead during Fall of X.
    Instead of advocating for putting a limit to how the powers keep growing, so much that anyone who isn't Omega (or Wolverine) are becoming useless, or build an X-line that can juggle Omegas as well as street-level mutants, we call those who aren't powerhouses just useless and move on. Great.
    Well, this entire thread is all a theory, and I don't expect any of my ideas to actually happen in the books. But I think what Sentinels are outdated as a threat, they are not believable to me, lots of the X-Men should be able to easily destroy them by a dozens, instead of struggling against one. Even Nimrod, he should be made with magic not technologies, to be able to defeat X-Men. As for hatred, I just want it be toned down significantly, and think the books would work just fine if they wouldn't need to find hateful mobs on every step. There is enough hatred in real life, so let the comics at least give us hope for a better world instead of showing even worse situation. And about mindread, what is why I included UN's sanction and only one mutant, while other three are human heroes, so they can supervise each other, and after learning how Orchis were doing all kinds of crimes while blaming mutants, including threatening to kill millions of people who used Krakoan medicines, I don't think many people would oppose letting their mind scanned to find everyone who worked on Orchis and similar organizations and putting them all in jails.

As for individual characters, I didn't meant any of it as an insults towards these characters or their fans. Just think what some characters are put into books, because they are popular, but writers don't know what to do with them and/or don't care about them, so they don't have any good stories. In Warren's case he was constantly going through transformations in the last decade ever since Remender's X-Force. His mind was erased and with new personality he suddenly got new light-related powers, and then he somehow regained memories, while a clone of his became a mindless drone Archangel controlled by Psylocke, but then they were both somehow combined, and he is again himself and in full control, but lost all light powers, but then he became horseman for X-Man, then barely did anything during Krakoa's era only to be killed and turned into another Archangel-like creature by Goblyn Queen. As for his powers, maybe useless was too strong of a word, but on a team with people who can defeat enemies with telekinesis, telepathy, various energy powers, etc., he is IMHO not very helpful. If he was a solo hero or on a team with other people with weaker powers or even just trained humans like Captain America, Black Widow, etc., then he could've demonstrated what he can do better. So, maybe not retiring from being a superhero, but just moving away from x-books and joining some other heroes for few years could help him find a good writer.

Iceman is also constantly going through a revolving door of learning his full potential, only to forget about it in next story. And Marvel tried to give him solo several times in the last decade, so maybe if he goes outside the x-books and is paired with another popular character who also got several solos, then "Iceman and Loki" book could work and last longer and something new and interesting could be done with both characters.

As for Beast, well, it is tragic, but he is already a villain, and while Percy made the most damage, Beast was doing questionable things long before him. IIRC during Bendis's run there was a trial of sort, when other X-Men unsuccessfully tried to talk with him about his actions. So, since Marvel lead his character to this, they should embrace it, instead of hitting hard reset to turn him back into hero. Let him stay a villain for some time and then slowly work his way back to being a hero. Marvel managed to turn Magneto into hero, and even Apocalypse is now more of an antihero, so it would also work with Beast eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by a moment closer View Post
    Harasar,

I like this idea and your team line-ups. Sprinkle in a few minis every quarter for a diversity of story and character exposure to keep things fresh. You have my vote to lead the next wave of X-Men books!
    Thanks=) Wanted to include more characters who are rarely have chances to shine, like Moonstar, but couldn't think about any other team/book to put them into.

Harasar, once again, forgive me if I did come out very defensive and bite-y. What was meant as an innocent use of the "useless" adjective just hit an exposed nerve in me and I vented two weeks of frustration about Warren's status. Hope I didn't make you feel bad. In case, please accept my apologies.

And I agree on most of what you said in the reply, both on the analysis of the single aforementioned characters, and on the broad topic of sentinels!

Fantastic Member

Harasar, once again, forgive me if I did come out very defensive and bite-y. What was meant as an innocent use of the "useless" adjective just hit an exposed nerve in me and I vented two weeks of frustration about Warren's status. Hope I didn't make you feel bad. In case, please accept my apologies.

And I agree on most of what you said in the reply, both on the analysis of the single aforementioned characters, and on the broad topic of sentinels!
    No hard feelings=) Sorry what my original post frustrated you.

Spectacular Member

I don’t understand why people continuous feel the need to reduce number of books. You don’t have to buy them. I will buy them all. The issue isn’t number of books, but well defined scope of books and separate stories to be told. I don’t see issues where stories are duplicated or spread across a lot of books.

Also, these are an opinions, so saying need and things ARE messy is true. Spreading a false narrative.

Really end of the day number of books published is business decision.

Great ideas Harasar! I love the MSF concept! I would incorporate that into my version too!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

I would love to shrink everything.

Bold = Team Lead

Uncanny X-Men
    To honor Krakoa in our time of need, I would have this title be dominated by those most impacted by mutant resurrection and what it means to reinvent and redeem yourself. They've paid the ultimate sacrifice or consequence... what can they do with it now? I see them as the public relations team.
    Marvel Girl, Synch, X-23, Banshee, Thunderbird, Wrongslide

X-Men
    Representing the voice of mutant-kind.
    Cyclops, Polaris, Rogue, Sunfire, White Queen, Iceman, Nightcrawler

X-Men Red
    Representing nontraditional X-Men affairs.
    Storm, Captain Britain, Angel, Isca, Apocalypse, Namor, Madelyne Pryor, Gladiator

X-Force
    Representing the survival instinct of mutant-kind.
    Wolverine, Shadowcat, Colossus, Beast, Gambit, Magik, Monet

New X-Men
    Representing the next generation of heroes / nontraditional heroes.
    Psylocke Greycrow, Frenzy, Dreamer, Hellion, Chance

X
    Anthology book with a tiny main roster:
    Xavier, Magneto, and Destiny
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by GoingGreen View Post
    X-Force
    Representing the survival instinct of mutant-kind.
    Wolverine, Shadowcat, Colossus, Beast, Gambit, Magik, Monet
    Oooh... really like this team. Very cool.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”