Default X-Men Monday #229 – Jason Loo Talks ‘Howard the Duck’

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/11/27/x-...ward-the-duck/

In honor of the infamous Marvel movie star‘s 50th year, the House of Ideas will release Howard the Duck #1 this Wednesday, featuring — you guessed it — Howard the Duck!

Oh, and the X-Men!

Better yet, the issue’s X-story is written by friend of X-Men Monday Jason Loo, who as you’ll learn, is busier than ever. How could we not take a break from the Fall of X to embrace the Fowl of X with Jason? Let’s get started!

AIPT: Back to the present, how did the opportunity to contribute to Howard’s 50th-anniversary comic come about?

Jason: Editors Wil Moss and Michelle Marchese reached out to me and gave me a few different suggestions for Whaugh If ideas. It was around the time when news broke that Ms. Marvel was becoming an X-Man. So I thought, “Wouldn’t it be also neat to turn this other beloved Marvel character into an X-Man?”

AIPT: Truly, it’s a question X-Fans have been asking for 50 years: Whaugh if Howard the Duck joined the X-Men? What can they look forward to in you and artist Derek Charm’s story?

Jason: I wrote this as if I was trying out for Mad Magazine, hahaha. But imagine Howard the Duck discovering himself to be a mutant and joining the X-Men at the early height of their popularity and going through the seasons with them up to the ’90s. Derek perfectly captured the nostalgic vibes of the characters. I hope Marvel revisits Classic X-Men and gets Derek to retell the early Chris Claremont stories in his style. That’s something I want to see more of.

Jason is also writing a Marvel Unlimited story called INFINITY PAWS which will include Gambit's three cats and Lockheed.

eXclusive page of Howard the Duck #1 featuring Derek Charm’s artwork — and Proteus at a bar!

Last edited by JB; 11-28-2023 at 03:45 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Doesn't the winged girl in the first panel look like Avia from Hidden Years?
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Hope we see Beverly in the book.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    Doesn't the winged girl in the first panel look like Avia from Hidden Years?
    Wow it really does look like her! I wonder if Loo or Charm are fans of that book, the design is way too close for it to be a coincidence.

Take that Avengers.

They had to buy Fox to get the real milk cow back.

@ChrisAHassan:

Tomorrow at @AIPTcomics...

X-Men Monday #230 – @Benjamin_Percy and @victorlavalle Talk ‘Wolverine’, ‘Sabretooth War’, and ‘X-Force’

#XMenMonday #XMen #Wolverine #Sabretooth #SabretoothWar #XForce #Marvel

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    @ChrisAHassan:

Tomorrow at @AIPTcomics...

X-Men Monday #230 – @Benjamin_Percy and @victorlavalle Talk ‘Wolverine’, ‘Sabretooth War’, and ‘X-Force’

#XMenMonday #XMen #Wolverine #Sabretooth #SabretoothWar #XForce #Marvel

Wow a rare Ben Percy appearance! He never did many of these so I'm curious to read what he has to share.

Same here. 2024 is going to be a big year for Logan! Starting with Sabretooth War.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”