Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Personally I think they should make Conner the "celeb" of the Super fam. Be the one who enjoys the limelight, is an "influencer", does a reality show.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I agree there needs to be some differentiation between the looks of Kenan, Jon and Conner. Depending on the artist, they can all look alike in their new styles (all similar jackets. Giving Connere back his bulkier frame would be a good start, likewise, I liked the tshirt and jeans look as well. I very much liked where his mini series left him and feel that would be a good place to move forward from. I wish writers would focus on him using his TTK more often and similarly using that to help separate him from his other family members.

I am also still a firm believer that DC missed a fantastic opportunity making Kon, Tim, Bart and Cassie the new Outsiders with the mission Lanzing and Kelly set up.
    yeah having them as a very public hero team would be neat. OOH! have them do the UN endorsed hero thing maybe? Old enough to not be "kid" heroes, but still not the Justice League. so they have a different base of operations.

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monari View Post
    DC had the perfect opportunity to distinguish Conner from the other Super family by making him Trans (via Maggs' proposal), but they threw it away. The fallout is on them now.
    I always thought they could explore that by bringing Matrix back.

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

Kon is a hard one for me. I feel like he shouldn't be able to age past where he's currently at, but we've seen alternate futures that go against that idea. I like the idea of all Kryptonian clones that are made by humans having some sort of flaw; and in my mind Kon's would be his inability to age. He'd really own the Superboy title then.

I didn't like the way they retconned him into being part Luthor, but now that we have to deal with that, he should have more Luthor traits. Kon should have more ego than the other members of the Superman family, but nowhere near as much as he had when he first came out. It could be a character trait that he struggles with. I like the idea of him liking celebrity.

I think he should have a tragic love/hate relationship with the Bizarros, especially the clone versions. He should identify with them and come to their defense, and see them as his brothers. I could see the Bizarro#1 weirding him out though.

Kon should be the rebel of the family and get into trouble because of it. He should have some connections with Nasthalasia Luthor and Lena Luthor. They should bring back some of the ancient Kryptonian prejudice against clones and explore that some more, perhaps using Zod's old silver-age Bizarro army as a bad point of comparison.

I'd like to see Kon have a relationship with Matrix rather than Ms. Martian, but I. don't think they'll ever do that.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Conner's main flaws should be related to a Luthor personality trait...ego, hotheadedness...combine those with his desire to follow in Clark's steps and you would get a very brash and public loving hero.
    William Messner Loebs Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-writ...ource=customer

Peter David Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/peter-david-fund

Len Kaminski Go Fund Me Page https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-save-len-kaminski

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Give him a cooking show.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Conner has no place in the current DCU because of Bendis and his Teen Jon crap. The best option is to just send him to the future full time and make him a permanent member of the Legion. Hell they might as well take Tim, Cassie, and Bart too since they are all stuck in "where do they fit in" hell right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Conner has no place in the current DCU because of Bendis and his Teen Jon crap. The best option is to just send him to the future full time and make him a permanent member of the Legion. Hell they might as well take Tim, Cassie, and Bart too since they are all stuck in "where do they fit in" hell right now.
    Ageing jon ain't problem with conner.When superman himself is struggling with relevancy.There isn't much you can do for superman version gazillion be it jon or con
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-09-2023 at 11:49 PM.

With Jon being utterly worthless now, Conner should be the “Wildstorm” Superman. Take all the Wildstorm concepts of post human WMDs that they toyed with giving Jon and do it with Conner. Pair him and Jenny Sparks/Quantum together, have them travel the world dismantling countries efforts to mass produce their own superhuman army. Get gritty and dark and sexy with it.

And for the love of God get him out of that 90s outfit. I loved having it back at first, but now it’s become a symbol of how nostalgia is just a noose around Conner’s neck. Put him in armor, I know people here hate that but tough. Conner started off as the “modernized” Super and while that’s changed from pouches and trenchcoats, I still think that core DNA should be reflected in his outfits.

Quote Originally Posted by Super_kon View Post
    What fallout?
    The one that exists in his head. Dudes obsessed with making Kon LGBT+, it’s all he cares about. He thinks because he and his friends like it means everyone does. Reality is that it was a hot topic for a minute and now everyone has moved on.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    With Jon being utterly worthless now, Conner should be the “Wildstorm” Superman. Take all the Wildstorm concepts of post human WMDs that they toyed with giving Jon and do it with Conner. Pair him and Jenny Sparks/Quantum together, have them travel the world dismantling countries efforts to mass produce their own superhuman army. Get gritty and dark and sexy with it.

And for the love of God get him out of that 90s outfit. I loved having it back at first, but now it’s become a symbol of how nostalgia is just a noose around Conner’s neck. Put him in armor, I know people here hate that but tough. Conner started off as the “modernized” Super and while that’s changed from pouches and trenchcoats, I still think that core DNA should be reflected in his outfits.
    I think i like this idea.Not the armour part.I like my heroes with torn clothes and battered.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Conner's main flaws should be related to a Luthor personality trait...ego, hotheadedness...combine those with his desire to follow in Clark's steps and you would get a very brash and public loving hero.
    Yes, that is an aspect of the character than should have a bigger presence in the character. That is a trait than can give a lot more of storytelling.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Personally I think they should make Conner the "celeb" of the Super fam. Be the one who enjoys the limelight, is an "influencer", does a reality show.
    That works for his cocky personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Maybe he needs an update or tweaks on the suit to make it more tiemless. I mean, Superman himself had his uniform tweaked several times before become iconic. And Supergirl has changed her uniform too. It is not a big deal.

The haircut can go however. And no red streks. At least that was quickly erased.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin