Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    I know about Owen and Priscilla, but we never saw Rogue's birth, unlike Kurt's, so it is easier to change it. For example, Destiny and Mystique decided to have a kid and gave birth to Rogue, but the moment she was born, Destiny saw a vision about something bad about to happen to her and Raven, and so they decided to temporarily leave Rogue to keep her safe. They gave her to Owen and Priscilla who acted as her parents for years, but after Rogue escaped, Destiny saw her again in visions and they "adopted" her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Icefanatic View Post
    Yep, which is why Claremont gave up on it, because he couldn't make it work. Which is being ignored in favor of the false-but-sexier 'Marvel wouldn't let him!'

I long for the day when works of bad fanfic go back to being the works of fans, and not the stuff being published every month.
    Quote Originally Posted by killerbee View Post
    False. Marvel indeed wouldn't let Chris Claremont work on it

"In this reality, Mystique is a man by the name of Raphael-Raven Darkhölme. Much like the main Mystique, he had a relationship with Destiny but due to his gender had a child with her, Claremont's original plan for Nightcrawler's origin."

Thanks, but as I said earlier Exiles revolves around familiar characters from multiple timelines (AU's), with very different characterizations, personality traits, and in some cases powersets. However, I see where you're going with this -- but, the link you provided changes nothing when questioning how Raven of Earth-616 got Irene of Earth-616 pregnant via Azzael of Earth-616 by banging him first and then Irene sometime after the fact especially when that's not what happened (not even remotely) in the Earth-797 timeline.
    Last edited by Micabe; 12-02-2023 at 04:51 AM. Reason: Pic(s) and Link(s) added.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    ... while at the same time ignoring the REAL plothole in the story: how was a blind woman working as a cleaner? Did Irene's powers tell her where dust was going to be?
    Omg lmao 🤣🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    You are now hearing Kurt sing this with BAMF backup dancers
    Charles, how does Archangel get down like that?

Maybe Loki and Mystique will have sex with each other.
    For one of their children the mother will be Mystique and the father will be Loki.
    For their other children the mother will be Loki and the father will be Mystique.

Quote Originally Posted by MythicalChicken View Post
    It was written by chuck austen, easily the most hated xwriter save for polaris fans;.
    Why would fans like the psychotic-stalker-ex-girlfriend Polaris Chuck Austen created?

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I don’t think many people are really arguing real world applications, it’s more that the story doesn’t even make sense within the established continuity.
    Spurrier had to change Mystique’s powers, ignore Destiny’s age, incorrectly depict Rogue’s age etc all for this story to make any kind of sense. Look up suspension of disbelief. Stories need to work within the confines of the established rules of their universes for readers to buy what the writer is selling.
    Spurrier had to disregard many of those rules for this retcon, which leads to many of us being taken out of the story.
    Basic stuff of what we knew about Mystique and Destiny simply do not fit what’s being presented.
    Maybe if they had actually built up Mystique’s new powers in other stories instead of presenting them in the same issue as the retcon the reveal wouldn’t have felt so ham-fisted?
    But to be honest I can’t see a good way of deaging Destiny. I already felt it was unnecessary to portray her as a much younger woman after resurrection, but to even retcon her past so that she has never actually been as old as the character we’ve known since the 80s? It’s pretty icky.
    Very well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Why would fans like the psychotic-stalker-ex-girlfriend Polaris Chuck Austen created?

He gave her a much needed personality when often times she is written very generic with not much substance. Austen gave her passion and drive and an actual character arc. He broke her down in order to build her up. We saw her go to therapy and by the end of his run was in a much better position. His Lorna was fun and he didnt shy away from showing her ugly side which she actively worked to get better. There was nuance with her that we often dont see. The retcon of Magneto as her father was one of the best thing to happen to her and positioned her as an important figure of the House of M which continues to make her relevant to this day in a way she wasnt before his run. Austen was a mess of a writer and did bad by other characters but his take on Lorna ended up being a net positive for her.
    Last edited by Havok83; 12-05-2023 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Icefanatic View Post
    Yep, which is why Claremont gave up on it, because he couldn't make it work. Which is being ignored in favor of the false-but-sexier 'Marvel wouldn't let him!'

I long for the day when works of bad fanfic go back to being the works of fans, and not the stuff being published every month.
    Ahhm, someone doesn't seem to know about the rabidly homophobic Marvel regime of Jim Shooter in the 80s. He banned showing any LGBT characters at all, or at least not in a positive light. There's no way he would have let Claremont make Kurt a lesbian penis baby.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I'm kinda going to miss the previous story where Mystique yeets a baby off a cliff because it's hilarious.

Seriously though, I have a lot of questions now about Mystique's powers, like:

If Mystique can produce both viable sperm and eggs, does that mean she can impregnate herself?

Can Mystique act as a surrogate to other queer couples, mimic their DNA and produce biological offspring for them?

If Mystique can mimic DNA, why can't she duplicate mutant powers?

Does Sinister know Mystique is capable of any of this, because it seems like something he would be very interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I'm kinda going to miss the previous story where Mystique yeets a baby off a cliff because it's hilarious.

If Mystique can produce both viable sperm and eggs, does that mean she can impregnate herself?

Can Mystique act as a surrogate to other queer couples, mimic their DNA and produce biological offspring for them?

Does Sinister know Mystique is capable of any of this, because it seems like something he would be very interested in.
    Omega level baby maker

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I wonder which writer will use that DNA mimicry thing again.
    "Cable was right!"

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post

Interesting...I'm thinking:

Probably...But why would she even want to? Mystique is a mercenary first and last, motherhood is not her forte...as Rogue and Nightcrawler can attest.

It's Mystique...She doesn't give a flying F about anyone else but herself and Destiny. And Rogue and Kurt.

Presumably mimicking regular DNA is very different from mimicking X-gene/mutant DNA and then making them active and manageable. Plus, she might run the risk of changing her own mutant DNA in the process. Plus-plus, unlike Rogue, she wouldn't have the required mental and physical immunities to the powers she manifests.

Most likely he doesn't. But only because she might be beneath his interest as Mystique has only publicly demonstrated physical superficial mimicry and given his huge egocentricity, without deeper experimentation, he probably thinks that's all she can do.

Keep in mind...what she did was a one-off thing back then, to create Kurt with Destiny. I don't see her using her powers to that extent ever again. (Unless some writer now retcons her having fathered a slew of children throughout the years)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I wonder which writer will use that DNA mimicry thing again.
    Probably none. If Brevoort is insisting on the "back to basics" thing. But then...some idiot writer could presumably come up with the retcon that Mystique has fathered many children by other women throughout her life because now she can.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Probably none. If Brevoort is insisting on the "back to basics" thing. But then...some idiot writer could presumably come up with the retcon that Mystique has fathered many children by other women throughout her life because now she can.
    She's Rogue's birth father, having impregnated her mother years before she took her in.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She's Rogue's birth father, having impregnated her mother years before she took her in.
    She once faked her death by mine cave in, ending her life as Thomas Guthrie.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It's Mystique...She doesn't give a flying F about anyone else but herself and Destiny. And Rogue and Kurt.
    I don't think she cares about Kurt (aside from occasionally manipulating him) and Rogue only if you consider "toxic parenting" a kind of love.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"