Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Wow, was this miniseries disappointing. Poor story and it felt to me that most of the cast weren't really all that necessary. The writer talked about how she fought hard to get Marrow into this cast. She should have picked someone else for her spot. Someone who may have provided some sort of value to the story that she wanted to tell. And this comic kept Marrow out of Dark X-Men where she really would have been useful to that story. Moonstar should have been good for this comic but all that she did was make me yawn.

I don't think that the comic itself was necessary. Can't understand why it was even published to begin with. The ret of the Fall of X or it's aftermath is going to have to do something to explain why this comic was needed. A shame, because I was really looking forward to this one.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    Wow, was this miniseries disappointing. Poor story and it felt to me that most of the cast weren't really all that necessary. The writer talked about how she fought hard to get Marrow into this cast. She should have picked someone else for her spot. Someone who may have provided some sort of value to the story that she wanted to tell. And this comic kept Marrow out of Dark X-Men where she really would have been useful to that story. Moonstar should have been good for this comic but all that she did was make me yawn.
    Considering how Dark X-mem had a theme of featuring a cast where many characters had tarnished or villainous backrounds, while featuring the Morlocks, Gambit and Archangel, all elements which are major parts of her backstory, it would have certainly been a better book for her. Even if the cast was allready a bit bloated she could have been at least included besides Callisto with the escaping Morlocks.

Meanwhile she never had any previous contact or connection with the nordic mythology side of Marvel and this story certainly doesn't really create one either. Her entire presence here was not only superfluous, but also adds to her tally of "dud comic" appearances that actively harm her chance to get further appearances or roles anytime soon .

While not wishing for her to be just an unused cast filler, Wolfsbane would have made a lot more sense, including being one of the voices of reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I don't think that the comic itself was necessary. Can't understand why it was even published to begin with. The ret of the Fall of X or it's aftermath is going to have to do something to explain why this comic was needed. A shame, because I was really looking forward to this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Can someone please explain to me what was the point of all this and how it is related to them getting back at Orchis?
    As mentioned before, the weird part is, this story was teased in the Hellfire Gala issue. There was an entire page dedicated to showing these characters leaving for one of the portals and Curse using her powers. Which means if this entire current "event" is eventualy treated as important enough to be compiled in a major trade paperback it has to be included and future readers will likely be left wondering too, what the entire point was.