Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

they should be able to get the job done the enemies dont have that many heavy hitters
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Peter trying to be a leader! Kind of!

How long will Jen's pants last?

By the looks of this, Peter assembled a team, which doesn't listen to him. Didn't he lead superhero teams before - he had experience before after all. Apparently Wells doesn't care, because if he wants Peter to be a loser in his own comic with the current run, he'll write him as such. One thing is to have "bumps in the road" every now and then, but to be constantly losing and hurt is just depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Konnik92 View Post
    By the looks of this, Peter assembled a team, which doesn't listen to him. Didn't he lead superhero teams before - he had experience before after all. Apparently Wells doesn't care, because if he wants Peter to be a loser in his own comic with the current run, he'll write him as such. One thing is to have "bumps in the road" every now and then, but to be constantly losing and hurt is just depressing.
    Watch him need to get saved in the next page or accomplish the least of the entire team .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Watch him need to get saved in the next page or accomplish the least of the entire team .
    True. In the end the other will ask "Why are you here at all? What do you contribute to the team?" or something.

Also damn, since the preview no one talks about the issue. Not suprised - Wells and Lowe don't make any effort to make the event interesting at all.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Looks like more of Paul's story is coming. If that is with MJ that's not known, but guess he's around till the end of the goblin stuff to say the least

So the short story for ASM #39spoilers:
    the team is having communication issues, they split up, Tombstone has recovered and went to Spider-Man for help, underground monsters appeared to fight. MJ wasn't mentioned. The letter's page was as always filled with positive letters, Lowe finds it a bit funny about the Paul slander, telling that later on they'll be explaining about Paul and hopes that the slander will stop (like hell it will) and also that they are "far from done with the story of Mary Jane Watson" (that cannot be good). Also, the Goblin arc will be long 5 issues (from #50 to #54)
    end of spoilers

Yeah and Lowe thinks that this will ease the slander againts the character. Also they mentioned that spoilers:
    "they are not done with the story of MJ's character
    end of spoilers which probably talks about the spoilers:
    MJ's "Jackpot" one-shot and mini seires
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Remember when Lowe was promising more Felicia stuff in the letters before 31 # and we all saw how that turned out

So after the preview the team split into different territories. Miles is off against Hobgoblin he still mad at Peter. Elektra is off to hell kitchen. Spider woman is off to fight diamondback due to hydra. Peter and Jen fought against the Monsters of Metropolis( don’t know where that came from). Janice drops Black Maria to send a message. tombstone is up and was told by Janice she taking all of Harlem and is charge now. Madam masque drags hammerhead to the basement with some other prisoners she has. Tombstone then find Spdierman to team up with him to take down the other crime bosses
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Konnik92 View Post
    Lowe finds it a bit funny about the Paul slander,[/spoil]
    Is that what he actually said? Or is that your interpretation of what he said?

If that's what he said, it's kind of silly. If you withhold a piece of information for two years, you can't be amused by people making their judgments on what information they do have.

Everyone seems to know that this isn't what Peter really is, what Spider-Man really is. I really don't understand why they're making us resent this comic so much. We will not stop liking the character because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Is that what he actually said? Or is that your interpretation of what he said?

If that's what he said, it's kind of silly. If you withhold a piece of information for two years, you can't be amused by people making their judgments on what information they do have.
    It is what he said.

He still is hung up on people misreading the dialogue with Paul being accessory to genocide. It’s typical that he reduces Paul to that and concludes that readers have just judged him on faulty grounds and further examination of him will work on reversing that. Either he truly doesn’t get why readers dislike the character, but that would be rather dense of him so I prefer to dismiss this option, or he tries misdirection to do damage control. Or perhaps he simply believes that inspite of everything more Paul=readers liking him more.

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    It is what he said.

He still is hung up on people misreading the dialogue with Paul being accessory to genocide.
    I mean, that's a strained reading of what happened by people trying to bolster an "objective" reason for Paul being bad, but that is one complaint among many . . . and only from some of the detractors.

I feel like the status quo with regards to him and MJ being based on a series of Hobson's choices MJ had to make is the bigger issue that needs some kind of explanation not to be royally messed up.