Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    I can't help but wonder in the beginning on Odo Island if those 20mm guns on the plane would do the necessary damage?
    I don't think it would have done anything but made him mad.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Speaking of (spoiler!) the pre-mutation Godzilla we see in the beginning; as a longtime fan that was a wild thing to see. In '54 Godzilla was based on current ideas about what dinosaurs looked like. Toho apparently was looking at the famous Life Magazine dinosaur issue! In the '80s when our ideas about dinosaurs looking more birdlike began to take hold the idea of redesigning a more dinosaur-like Godzilla has been bouncing around. Various pieces of concept art for movies made and unmade have toyed with the idea, but it never came to pass - to say nothing of a ton of fan art. Finally seeing it in a movie was surreal!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I don't think it would have done anything but made him mad.
    Well he wasn't mutated yet, so I suspect Koichi could have ended it right then and there.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Well he wasn't mutated yet, so I suspect Koichi could have ended it right then and there.
    That is the thing that haunts Koichi, and neither he, nor we know. I don't think it would have, but that he ran away and couldn't shoot is the important part for the movie.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    Speaking of (spoiler!) the pre-mutation Godzilla we see in the beginning; as a longtime fan that was a wild thing to see. In '54 Godzilla was based on current ideas about what dinosaurs looked like. Toho apparently was looking at the famous Life Magazine dinosaur issue! In the '80s when our ideas about dinosaurs looking more birdlike began to take hold the idea of redesigning a more dinosaur-like Godzilla has been bouncing around. Various pieces of concept art for movies made and unmade have toyed with the idea, but it never came to pass - to say nothing of a ton of fan art. Finally seeing it in a movie was surreal!
    Didn't Return of Godzilla feature a slight Dinosaur connection with Godzilla following the birds?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Didn't Return of Godzilla feature a slight Dinosaur connection with Godzilla following the birds?
    Indeed it did. The first time this new understanding crept into the series.

Mighty Member

I believe that was wishful thinking. when the guy says that the 20 mm cannons in that fighter could destroy anything they would have already known that wasn't true... because at this stage of the war the Shinden was being developed with an armament of four 30 mm cannons.

would it have hurt Godzilla? sure, but it most certainly wouldn't have stopped him from killing everybody. especially since the best they could have hoped for was injuring Godzilla's lower body.

I did like the touch where they give Koichi the photographs of all the dead soldiers... and how he didn't pay respects to the families of the dead and how it kinda tortured him. he spends the whole movie trying to run away until the climax of the film. the fact that he's constantly running away, and living in denial, is the most important part. it's why the mechanic forgives him when he prepares to go on his last flight. he can see that Koichi is finally starting to fully embrace his failure, fear, and humanity... but resolves to fight anyway... finally getting the 'courage' that he had been lacking for the entire film.

Yeah those guns on the plane wouldn’t have fazed the Godzillasaurus.

He would’ve just shrugged it off, ate Koichi and the story would’ve been done.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    That is the thing that haunts Koichi, and neither he, nor we know. I don't think it would have, but that he ran away and couldn't shoot is the important part for the movie.
    Godzilla-Saurus was hunched over and Koichi had a clear shot to his head but he froze in fear. Yes, it was meant to add to Koichi's Regrets/Connection to the Big G but I still wonder if it technically could have done it.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 12-11-2023 at 11:01 AM.

Godzilla-Saurus was hunched over and Koichi had a clear shot to his head but he froze in fear. Yes, it was meant to add to Koichi's Regrets/Connection to the Big G but I still wonder if it technically could have done it.
    Or it would have hastened the mutations.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The best part of the Doctor Who specials is seeing right wingers work themselves into a rage in videos, angry over what they feel is too much progressive propaganda lol.

Like …have they never saw old Who before ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

IIRC, the rifle shots were hurting him and he wasn't regenerating from them.

But they were like BBs to a blue whale.

Either way, it tied with the themes of the film.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I adored hearing the classic Ifukube music reorchestrated in this movie. In the American Godzilla King of the Monsters they reappeared, but they went overboard on adding all the chanting and taiko drums. It was a pleasure to hear them played straight.

Great sound design in this movie.

Saw it myself. Looked up the director and it's interesting that he also directed Lupin the first, which also kind of went for a bit of a period setting of sorts, although it was a very different film than this.

Tone of this film reminded me most of the first two black and white films, but also Rodan where there seemed to be more of a human cost to the destruction.

In another thread going with a period setting is also something I think maybe Bond should try.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

CJ Perry missed a AAA show for catching an infection on her middle finger that spread to her arm. It was serious enough for her to need surgery

https://fxtwitter.com/TheCJPerry/sta...Qp4dBkSbQ&s=19