Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
    And did you know that recent Bond movie no longer makes him that awesome anymore?
    No it didn't. He was never saved or made to look incompetent and died to protect his family. When ranking all 25 films I have it at number 16. Seriously for fun I ranked the films. It's also ahead of Never Say Never Again for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    No it didn't. He was never saved or made to look incompetent and died to protect his family. When ranking all 25 films I have it at number 16. Seriously for fun I ranked the films. It's also ahead of Never Say Never Again for me.
    He was saved by others, or need others' help many times.

Also the villains also benefited from these, their power came from whatever super evil thing they could think of.

I don't think Black Panther is woke at all.

It didn't just blame white for all the bad things, it didn't agree to use the same violence. Nor was Black Panther a Mary Sue, he got flaw and development.

There is no surprise when so many flops all happen, if you still say "hey we just got unlucky" than you will keep flop.
    Black Panther was woke as hell. Anyone saying otherwise doesn't actually understand the term and is just being intellectually dishonest so they can complain about "woke" in products they dislike, but will ignore it in things they enjoy. They literally refer to white people as "colonizer." It's written, specifically, for the African/African American diaspora. The female characters were strong and showed up some of the male characters at times.

Since when is being a "Mary Sue" a component of "woke" anyways?
    Last edited by 80sbaby; 12-02-2023 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    Black Panther was done as hell. Anyone saying otherwise doesn't actually understand the term and is just being intellectually dishonest do they can complain about "woke" in products they dislike, but will ignore it in things they enjoy. They literally refer to white people as "colonizer." It's written, specifically, for the African/African American diaspora. The female characters were strong and showed up some of the male characters at times.

Since when is being a "Mary Sue" a component of "woke" anyways?
    Woke also got something to do with Mary Sue.

A big problem of woke movie don't do well is that they make the group they like into Mary Sue, thus made the character very bland and the conflict boring.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    I think if they make a Dazzler movie with Taylor Swift, all will be forgiven and they will be on top again. Still.
    I want to see her with the 70's face paint and roller skates!

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I want to see her with the 70's face paint and roller skates!
    Disney would need to build a new park just to spend all the new money they would make!
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Lots of deletions, so let me clarify.

Woke: having or marked by an active awareness of systemic injustices and prejudices, especially those involving the treatment of ethnic, racial, or sexual minorities.

That's the definition of the word.

Others use it to disparage people, which is not permitted here.

There is no 'woke agenda,' and any further comments in that vein will be deleted and bans may be forthcoming.
    Gaelforce
    WonderAdmin
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES - Ignorance of the rules is no excuse!

I think they must react quick.

1. Know their target audience and focus on it, it's ok to expand the audience but don't drive ppl away.
    2. Have a coherent plan, don't repeat SW's mistake.
    3. Be creative, most of their princesses are the same dopey go lucky since Tangled, it worked once but won't fit everyone.
    They probably lost 400-500 million in 2023 they need to rethink their spending habits.

Woke also got something to do with Mary Sue.

A big problem of woke movie don't do well is that they make the group they like into Mary Sue, thus made the character very bland and the conflict boring.
    So can you give an example of movies that have done this? Because right now, it doesn't really apply to any of the films that bombed this year.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    They probably lost 400-500 million in 2023 they need to rethink their spending habits.
    The 9nky reason budgets were so high these past few years is due to Covid. Just about every major film released this year was shot during the restrictions, so you'll see a lot lower budgets moving forward.

Had Disney actually made less money? I mean, in total, not just box office. I haven't been going to see Disney movies in cinema since before the pandemic, because I usually buy the DVDs anyway and I don't particularly want to spend that much time among screaming children. Now that I have Disney+, I just wait for the movies to be there, same with Marvel movies. I suspect many families do the same, especially those who have more kids and would pay horrible amounts for tickets for the full family. Disney also makes a lot of money on merchandise, parks and other stuff that is based on the movies, it's not just movie tickets.

I find it funny that when the topic was the strikes, the general consensus was that streaming companies, the greatest evil of current times, were supposedly making billions of profits that they refuse to share with the creators, but when it's time to complain about "woke agenda", suddenly Disney is losing all of that money left and right because they dared to show some diversity. (As if Disney movies were particularly woke, lol.) So, which one is it?
    Slava Ukraini!
    Truth and love must prevail over lies and hatred

I personally think the idea that streaming services are losing so much money is overblown/ludicrous. If they were then every studio wouldn't be rushing to create one.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    I personally think the idea that streaming services are losing so much money is overblown/ludicrous. If they were then every studio wouldn't be rushing to create one.
    I agree. They just need to find a way to get people back in the theaters by adjusting the theatrical window. I think these days, people are more enticed to just wait for movies to hit streaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Catlady in training View Post
    Had Disney actually made less money? I mean, in total, not just box office. I haven't been going to see Disney movies in cinema since before the pandemic, because I usually buy the DVDs anyway and I don't particularly want to spend that much time among screaming children. Now that I have Disney+, I just wait for the movies to be there, same with Marvel movies. I suspect many families do the same, especially those who have more kids and would pay horrible amounts for tickets for the full family. Disney also makes a lot of money on merchandise, parks and other stuff that is based on the movies, it's not just movie tickets.
    I don't go to theaters anymore. The last movie I saw in theaters was Lone Ranger film starring Johnny Depp as Tonto. I am averse to crowds. And whenever somebody open their mobile phones in front of you, the light from the phone monitor is so distracting. It's hard to ignore the food-munching noises or noises caused by crushing of candy wrappers.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    No it doesn’t! They always pretend he’s lost it at the start, with a shaky hand and stuff, but by the end he’s mowing down bad guys with his tiny pistol like he’s playing Time Crisis. Not even sure what you were going for there.

(And in Skyfall he fails the physio test, but five minutes later manages to ride the outside of an elevator up a skyscraper with his fingertips - something an elite free climber probably couldn’t do.)
    Er...didn't he...die at the end of the last movie? I didn't see it because, let's face it, Bond is a very tired franchise. It started to bore me in the later Brosnan movies, not his fault, just that they ran out of new things to do. As for the skyscraper thing...lol, I've seen that one a hundred times in different movies. I just chalk it up to bad writing.