Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
    I did, you just refuse to get it.

I've read the tale since my childhood, not everyone needs to read from website article to know the difference.
    No. You quoted me and typed a bunch of words, but you didn’t actually respond to what I typed.

Let my try it this way:

Out. Of. All. The. Differences. Between. Andersen’s. Version. And. Any. Animated. Or. Live. Action. Interpretation. Why. Is. Ariel. Being. Black. The. Most. Important. Issue. For. You.
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 12-12-2023 at 02:47 PM.

Astonishing Member

All of this complaining about TLM now. Even after all of this its still the 6th most attended movie of the year in North America. I guess all the movies that finished below it, must have even been more woke or had worse messages.

I have read Hans Christian Andersen's version of TLM. It is different from Disney's animated version. In H.C. Andersen's story, the little mermaid did not end up with the prince. Instead, she committed suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    I have read Hans Christian Andersen's version of TLM. It is different from Disney's animated version. In H.C. Andersen's story, the little mermaid did not end up with the prince. Instead, she committed suicide.
    No, see, you’re not debating the facts. Ariel is white white white white white! And that’s the biggest problem with the live action version!

When did I say it? I didn't even mention Disney's original much.

The original made clear the mermaid was white and got blue eyes, it never mentioned her hair color. Where did you get it? Did you even read the tale?
    Did the live action Ghost in the Shell piss you off as much as TLM did?

Any of these movies?
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 12-12-2023 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    No. You quoted me and typed a bunch of words, but you didn’t actually respond to what I typed.

Let my try it this way:

Out. Of. All. The. Differences. Between. Andersen’s. Version. And. Any. Animated. Or. Live. Action. Interpretation. Why. Is. Ariel. Being. Black. The. Most. Important. Issue. For. You.
    Again I never said it's the biggest issue for me, making the sea witch/human princess evil is also big issue. It's just the last straw to not let me buy it.

You know this isn't just about the original tale fans, but also TLM fans right?

Like I've said, the NO.1 lead looks entirely different than the well known original material, would surely cause a lot of backfire.

Did the live action Ghost in the Shell piss you off as much as TLM did?
    I think Scarlet Jo wasn't the right choice, I didn't go see it.

At least she's pretty enough and much more famous to attract some fans, but still not enough to make the box office success.

Again I never said it's the biggest issue for me, making the sea witch/human princess evil is also big issue. It's just the last straw to not let me buy it.

You know this isn't just about the original tale fans, but also TLM fans right?

Like I've said, the NO.1 lead looks entirely different than the well known original material, would surely cause a lot of backfire.
    You’re hyper focused on it for it to not be the biggest issue; for it to be your go-to complaint. And surely, for someone like me to have to almost pull teeth to get to you to complain about anything other than the actress’s race, you’re not making the greatest case here.

I think Scarlet Jo wasn't the right choice, I didn't go see it.

At least she's pretty enough and much more famous to attract some fans, but still not enough to make the box office success.
    So it’s ok to race-bend a character if the actor is pretty enough?

Great. Plenty of people find Bailey pretty. You might not, though.

Can I get you a shovel?

Astonishing Member

You’re hyper focused on it for it to not be the biggest issue; for it to be your go-to complaint. And surely, for someone like me to have to almost pull teeth to get to you to complain about anything other than the actress’s race, you’re not making the greatest case here.
    He is hyper focused on Disney period. Its not healthy. Disney is a massive company that owns ESPN, FX, ABC, FOX, and a million other tv channels. People who go on and on about their movies have a weird obsession with hoping the company fails in some way. Disney has been through hard times many times before. They will be fine.

No, see, you’re not debating the facts. Ariel is white white white white white! And that’s the biggest problem with the live action version!
    Also, ppl are not going to say it's the worst part, just this is enough to send them away and not buy ticket.

Because the title character, the well known mermaid looks different and not pretty in many ppl's eyes.

Also, ppl are not going to say it's the worst part, just this is enough to send them away and not buy ticket.

Because the title character, the well known mermaid looks different and not pretty in many ppl's eyes.
    There's a word for people that are turned away from something just because of the race of another person involved in that thing.

No, it's not my biggest problem, at least not the sole one.

But it's the most direct one for ppl to see and could easily drive ppl off. Just like you make a trailer with Superman being put on makeup of greenish aliens all over the movie, it's immediately going to drive off a lot of ppl. It might not be the biggest problem of the movie, but the easiest one to drive ppl off.

And it's totally avoidable.

There's a word for people that are turned away from something just because of the race of another person involved in that thing.
    No it's not, ppl don't have problem with any races, they just want the character to stay faithfully in their eyes, you don't have the right to force them to give you $$$.

So it’s ok to race-bend a character if the actor is pretty enough?

Great. Plenty of people find Bailey pretty. You might not, though.

Can I get you a shovel?
    It depends on how well the actor looks and is he/she famous, yes. It's just how business works. But still, it's very risky to cast someone looks entirely different because it will drive off the fan base. Usually it won't work too well.

And we at least 2 nations: China and Korea directly said NO to this movie and the cast got a lot to do with it.