Incredible Member

Default Mulan (animated Disney) Vs Mizu (Blue eye samurai)

Who is coming out on top?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I don’t recall Mulan showing the kind of speed that Mizu does. But it has been a while since I’ve seen the movie.

Mizu is also pretty ridiculously skilled.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 12-04-2023 at 05:22 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Going to add to this -

Barring Mulan having MUCH better feats than I remember, Mizu absolutely murders her. Probably takes a wound in the doing (because that's kind of her thing), but having watched the whole series now, Mizu has enough insane feats of cutting power, skill, speed, and damage soak that I feel Mulan stands zero chance.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I think Mizu could clear this without taking damage, especially if she's not fighting with her weights on
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I think Mizu could clear this without taking damage, especially if she's not fighting with her weights on
    Oh, I absolutely agree. ^_^ She's ridiculous, and a borderline bullet-timer (has one feat, it's...*wiggles hand*...musket ball rather than modern bullet and never replicated).

I just think she will take a wound. She always does. Somehow.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Oh, I absolutely agree. ^_^ She's ridiculous, and a borderline bullet-timer (has one feat, it's...*wiggles hand*...musket ball rather than modern bullet and never replicated).

I just think she will take a wound. She always does. Somehow.
    It leaned heavy into tropes, so it's entirely unsurprising. Despite that, still a very good show
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    It leaned heavy into tropes, so it's entirely unsurprising. Despite that, still a very good show
    Oh, it's a very good show. Surprisingly.
    Why are we here?

Mulan was kind of spectacularly average in her physical abilities, her strengths being in able to confront difficult situations with lateral thinking and actioning on these unconventional approaches.

However it's hard to think laterally in an actionable way in a barren arena with standard equipment, even if we spot her one of those anachronistic gunpowder cannons.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Mulan was kind of spectacularly average in her physical abilities, her strengths being in able to confront difficult situations with lateral thinking and actioning on these unconventional approaches.

However it's hard to think laterally in an actionable way in a barren arena with standard equipment, even if we spot her one of those anachronistic gunpowder cannons.
    Good point, there.

Mulan: needs to deal with a war, is a strategist and a tactician. Which works with the tie-in to Sunzi.

Mizu: wants personal revenge, is a fighter and (barely) a tactician. Is a lousy strategist, people even comment on this.

Different skillsets for different problems.
    Why are we here?