Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FALLOUT TV show

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    It's looking pretty good. A bit of a bummer that I can't imagine the melee build/playstyle showing up much, because ... well one-shotting a giant boss by stabbing them never stops being fun for me, but I can see how it would be hard to translate well to cinematic action.

I had been thinking I should finally give the gunslinger build a try though, so likely the series might inspire me to playthrough once again!
    If only the PC version was more stable!

Come on Microsoft, you guys own the rights and what not to New Vegas! If any game needs a rerelease, its this one. Maybe touch on the graphics a bit, but make the game more stable! The storyline is still one of the best in the franchise, memorable characters, huge events that impact the story, and a futuristic cowboy fantasy for so many!

Still hoping for a Ron Perlman cameo.

But Michael Emerson is a fantastic actor, and I hope he has a significant role. I'm actually cautiously optimistic about it.
    Life is but a dream

The show is getting an early release. The entire first season will be out tomorrow.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

9pm eastern
    They/Them

Fantastic Member

Hadta finally come back to cbr just to ask… are you upset at the change?? I personally am not, but I also feel like this is a major shot at obsidian

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin705 View Post
    Hadta finally come back to cbr just to ask… are you upset at the change?? I personally am not, but I also feel like this is a major shot at obsidian
    I heard about the New Vegas change (I think) but I'm not there yet. Only on episode 2 but I'm enjoying it so far.
    They/Them

Ultimate Member

Always enjoy Walter's acting.

Never played the game, but fun so far

Enjoying it so far (I've played 3, 4 and NV although I'm a bit more unfamiliar with the first two and 76, and not always up on all the lore).

Like the games, it's really extremely violent so it's not necessarily for the squeamish (It's seems that the slow-motion scenes are in part an attempt to replicate the VATS effect from the games). This is after all the same streaming service that airs THE BOYS...
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Always enjoy Walter's acting.

Never played the game, but fun so far
    The show is its own story, but it is bringing up things that have been in the games. One of which, no spoilers, I'm a little sore over considering how it was portrayed in the games.

Aside from that bit of plot, its surprisingly on note with how the Fallout games are. Exploring the wastelands that used to be the US, coming across various factions, extreme violence on nearly every level, pre-war conspiracies, and so on. Story wise, I would recommend playing New Vegas. Probably the best story of the franchise, and it actually ties into part of the series.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    The show is its own story, but it is bringing up things that have been in the games. One of which, no spoilers, I'm a little sore over considering how it was portrayed in the games.

Aside from that bit of plot, its surprisingly on note with how the Fallout games are. Exploring the wastelands that used to be the US, coming across various factions, extreme violence on nearly every level, pre-war conspiracies, and so on. Story wise, I would recommend playing New Vegas. Probably the best story of the franchise, and it actually ties into part of the series.
    Yeah, this show isn't like Halo, in that it doesn't explain it's own mythos. A few more episodes in, and I don't feel like I've missed anything not playing the game

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post

Not to mention missing family member, from the past two numbered single player games.

4 out of 5 stars, very good, IMHO.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Loved it! Couldn't have asked for more (well, more episodes, sure, but still...).
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

And, IMHO, (without going into spoilers) the budding romance/heroic partnership between the protagonist and deuteragonist is what Rey's and Finn's dynamic should have been in the New Star Wars Trilogy.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I can definitely see that, although Rey was not as naive as Lucy.