Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Didn't squirrel girl and the great lakes avengers minus mr i get reconned into mutants?
    I thought they started as that?

Didn't squirrel girl and the great lakes avengers minus mr i get reconned into mutants?
    Squirrel Girl was later retconned to not being a mutant in her own book. So she might get retconned back to being a mutant.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Blackagar Boltagon
    Thanos
    Thanos is classified as a Titanian Eternal mutant...

marhawkman is right, the reason the Great Lakes Avengers briefly became the Great Lakes X-Men is because they realised they were all mutants. Squirrel Girl was retconned as not being one, but she was still shown to be born with her tail, and they never explained what she was instead, so it's easy to write that off as a gag.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Crystal and Luna but not Quicksilver would be a big old twist.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Thanos is classified as a Titanian Eternal mutant...
    I was just about to type this very thing. One of the myriad reasons why he's as powerful as he is. But I also seem to recall them hinting that Thanos' appearance was initially attributed to his mutant background, instead of the Deviant influence on his genetic structure. Now I'm not sure which is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Crystal and Luna but not Quicksilver would be a big old twist.
    Luna totally should be a hybrid like Kamala. Inhuman mother, mutant father, it just makes sense.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    I was just about to type this very thing. One of the myriad reasons why he's as powerful as he is. But I also seem to recall them hinting that Thanos' appearance was initially attributed to his mutant background, instead of the Deviant influence on his genetic structure. Now I'm not sure which is the case.
    Both, I think? Plus, Thanos studied up on how to become more powerful with mysticism, bionics, experiments, meditation and some even say Death herself increased his powers.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Luna totally should be a hybrid like Kamala. Inhuman mother, mutant father, it just makes sense.
    It makes a lot more sense than the genetics cancel each other out

I thought Mr I was a mutant. Homo supreme. The top tier of mutantdom, he mutated beyond death.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I LOVE Monica but I'd HATE IT!!!! if she was retconned into a mutant.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Both, I think? Plus, Thanos studied up on how to become more powerful with mysticism, bionics, experiments, meditation and some even say Death herself increased his powers.
    Yes, I think Death gifted Thanos with even more powers. It's ridiculous how powerful Thanos is without even needing to chase MacGuffins to further boost him to nigh-omnipotence. Not sure why Eternity never did the same. Pick an avatar (or a corps of them) and make them more powerful than whatever Death has brewing...because if Death is all-powerful, then we're really aimlessly spinning our wheels here.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I LOVE Monica but I'd HATE IT!!!! if she was retconned into a mutant.
    Same. That would be a tragic development. The minute some villain pulls out a collar that shuts down her powers, I will lose it! They need to leave Monica out of this. Go do something will Moonstone instead.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Now that i think about it, are there any Asgardian mutants? I mean they technically aren't gods, but merely an advanced alien race, right...or at least they used to be. (And not just the Asgardians, but the Dark Elves, trolls, dwarves, etc.) I'm thinking Kurse would be a pretty cool mutant. And Hogun, too. Maybe one of the Valkyrie.

Yeah, the whole thing just smacks of trying to create drama with some kind of "Six Characters You Know Are Actually Mutants! Read X-Men To Learn Who!" BS marketing thing. I mean, there's a part of me that would love it to be an opportunity to shine a light on characters who don't regularly get it (for example, an anti-hero like the Puma) but then it begs the question that if these characters are so great, why does it take them suddenly being mutants for Marvel to do anything with them?