Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    From the New X-Men SDCC teaser thread in the X forums:

If he's right, that means Brevoort is taking a few people with him to the X office and retconning them as mutants, like what recently happened to Ms. Marvel. Who else do we think that might happen to? Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver would be logical picks, since they were previously retconned from mutants to non-mutants. And Photon got teased in her last solo mini. Anyone else? Which ex-Avengers are joining the X-Men?
    Wiccan and Speed come to mind. Young Avengers was created under Brevoort and even when Wanda was still a mutant, the two boys were never once confirmed to be mutants, perhaps out of the fear that the X-office might poach them.

Of course they, or Wanda and Pietro, are not among the ones no one would ever guess.

Avro-X.

When Tony gave up his Cosmic powers to resurrect his Space Friends, he also brought Avro back on Galactus‘ ship. During that process, cosmic rays activated his latent X-Gene.

BANNED

Wasn't the possibility of Monica's origin being changed teased in her Photon mini? Is she getting a mutie retcon like Kamala?
    If it sticks Monica's origin retcon works because nothing about her has changed to say it's a contradiction except that she consciously stopped using her powers as a child until she was forced to do otherwise as an adult.

Kamala, on the other hand, went from being a latent then active Inhuman who dies to being an active Inhuman with an X-Gene AFTER after was resurrected via the Krakoan Protocols. Yet, ironically, Steve Rogers got no such recognition unless being resurrected with a unique Adamantium/Vibranium shield is what his X-Gene does for him -- that's a bit too much for me.

If he's right, that means Brevoort is taking a few people with him to the X office and retconning them as mutants, like what recently happened to Ms. Marvel. Who else do we think that might happen to? Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver would be logical picks, since they were previously retconned from mutants to non-mutants. And Photon got teased in her last solo mini. Anyone else? Which ex-Avengers are joining the X-Men?

Hmm... But, was it a tease, the truth, or a straight-up lie spoken by an androgynous, out-of-the-blue, Beyonder? Anyhoo, I nominate Bonita Juarez since she already a mutate by way of radiation.

Last edited by Micabe; 12-03-2023 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Pic(s) and Link(s) added.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Banner, the Gamma bomb activated his latent X-Gene

Parker, the spider bite activated his latent X-Gene

The Richards, the cosmic rays activated their latent X-Genes

I mean this is going to get so stupid very quickly
    Back in the '90s, Marvel made sure to let fans know each month that Spidey isn't a mutant.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Back in the '90s, Marvel made sure to let fans know each month that Spidey isn't a mutant.

LMAO, that is soo gods damn funny

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Hulk as a mutant who had possible mutant attributes from his father being around radiation has sort of been hinted in the comics since the Mantlo run; I think the Ang Lee movie also ran with that explanation as well, as well as his self-experimentation.

The end of Ewing's run also kind of hinted that with Banner's ancestors (Which reveal that he's also related to the Leader).
    I'm pretty sure the hints were that the Banner family has had trace amounts of Gamma and therefore TOBA influence. Which neatly parallels the cycle of abuse that has plagued the family.

Making them mutants would be kinda lame.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post

oh yeah this issue was when Stix "killed" the Venom symbiote but to answer the thread Felicia Hardy could be a mutant. Like that one time when after she lost her bad luck powers due to dr.strange she gain some cat abilities like retractable claws and heighten vision.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'm thinking a Kurt Busiek story at one point clarified in an aside that the sentinel malfunctioned (the original Falcon mini was written by J. Owsley/C. Priest).

Even the FALCON mini stated clearly (albeit in a text page) that Sam's powers came from the Cosmic Cube.

The Sentinel was damaged and malfunctioning long before I got there.

People who think Sam's a mutant usually track back to someone who read the CAP issue where Professor X muses that the Falcon _might be_ a mutant, but missed the later story where the Cube origin is revealed. Professor X's thoughts were meant as foreshadowing -- establishing that yes, there's something more than human about Sam, but it doesn't turn out to be what you think.

Trouble is, in comics, most of the time "might be" turns out to be true. In this case it didn't.

kdb
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

Thanasee Rappaccini maybe. she just... came out weird... and her mother Monica has no idea why. There's a fan speculation that Bruce is her father, but we don't know.

Blackagar Boltagon
    Thanos
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

New rule: for every character that gets retconned into being a mutant, one mutant character must be retconned into not being one.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    New rule: for every character that gets retconned into being a mutant, one mutant character must be retconned into not being one.
    Professor X. He's been cosplaying a mutant for all these years.

Didn't squirrel girl and the great lakes avengers minus mr i get reconned into mutants?

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Does the rule work in reverse too? Because in that case, Marvel owes us a few new mutants in exchange for Wanda, Pietro, Franklin Richards, Cloak and Dagger...

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Does the rule work in reverse too? Because in that case, Marvel owes us a few new mutants in exchange for Wanda, Pietro, Franklin Richards, Cloak and Dagger...
    Cloak and Dagger weren’t originally mutants.