Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    Squirrel Girl was later retconned to not being a mutant in her own book. So she might get retconned back to being a mutant.
    God that retcon was so dumb especially the explanation that they gave for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    God that retcon was so dumb especially the explanation that they gave for it.
    All of the reasons were dumb.
    Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver: Since their Daddy isn't Magneto, they aren't mutants.
    Franklin Richards: Subconsciously made himself a mutant which eventually wore off.
    Squirrel Girl: Just isn't

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    Does the rule work in reverse too? Because in that case, Marvel owes us a few new mutants in exchange for Wanda, Pietro, Franklin Richards, Cloak and Dagger...
    Conceptually, yes. But pragmatically, this is a new rule that doesn’t kick in until 1/1/24.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Thanos is classified as a Titanian Eternal mutant...
    Yes. I suppose he is. Good call out. I don’t think about him as a mutant but based on Marvel’s devotions, he certainly qualifies.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I LOVE Monica but I'd HATE IT!!!! if she was retconned into a mutant.
    This right here

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Luna totally should be a hybrid like Kamala. Inhuman mother, mutant father, it just makes sense.
    Except of course that her father is not a mutant and never was until the next retcon

That's the point - Pietro is top of the list for getting changed back into a mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Now that i think about it, are there any Asgardian mutants? I mean they technically aren't gods, but merely an advanced alien race, right...or at least they used to be. (And not just the Asgardians, but the Dark Elves, trolls, dwarves, etc.) I'm thinking Kurse would be a pretty cool mutant. And Hogun, too. Maybe one of the Valkyrie.
    There's already been a mutant Valkyrie, Danielle Moonstar became one after she was depowered in Decimation. She gave it up not long after getting her mutant powers back.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Yes, I think Death gifted Thanos with even more powers. It's ridiculous how powerful Thanos is without even needing to chase MacGuffins to further boost him to nigh-omnipotence. Not sure why Eternity never did the same. Pick an avatar (or a corps of them) and make them more powerful than whatever Death has brewing...because if Death is all-powerful, then we're really aimlessly spinning our wheels here.
    True, good point, lol.

I always liked how truly powerful Thanos is, a bad guy who really has the power to back it up.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    All of the reasons were dumb.
    Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver: Since their Daddy isn't Magneto, they aren't mutants.
    Franklin Richards: Subconsciously made himself a mutant which eventually wore off.
    Squirrel Girl: Just isn't
    There was only one reason for all these and it was related to FOX before being bought by Disney.

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Blackagar Boltagon
    That would be irony level 100.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I was just about to type this very thing. One of the myriad reasons why he's as powerful as he is. But I also seem to recall them hinting that Thanos' appearance was initially attributed to his mutant background, instead of the Deviant influence on his genetic structure. Now I'm not sure which is the case.
    if you consider the revelation during A.X.E. that Mutants are actually a result/variation of the Deviant gene, I think the argument over Thanos' mutant-hood becomes a bit of a moot point

^Not Franklin. Both FF and X-Men were Fox, so him being a mutant or not didn't matter. I think he got depowered to keep him out of Krakoa. Seems a bit pointless given events in the current run have made it irrelevant, as he's out of action for Fall of X anyway.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

He was not erased as mutant, right, he was only written off along with his family for two years until Disney bought FOX.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

You're behind. His depowering happened during Slott's run, after the FF had come back! And now he's gone completely in North's run. So it was after Disney already owned 20th Century Fox and the X-Men and FF movie rights.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    He was not erased as mutant, right, he was only written off along with his family for two years until Disney bought FOX.
    For decades Franklin was written as a mutant and depicted to be one of "The Twelve" as far back as X-Factor #13 (1986).

And, what started as a run toward DoFPast graciously led to DofPresent, and Days of Futures Yet to Come. DoFPast and DofPresent heavily featured Franklin Richards as a captured mutant detained in the South Bronx Mutant Containment Facility.

That said, now and then Earth-616 gets to keep a time-displaced character who retains their identity, powers, and personality until it's altered for reasons and stripping Franklin of his mutant status all but ensured that the memories of all time-displaced characters are now subject to alteration at any given point in the name of diversity and or inclusion.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Franklin not being a mutant is a travesty.