Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Sure you're not thinking of Super Skrull, who is of course an alien and not a Doom creation?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Sure you're not thinking of Super Skrull, who is of course an alien and not a Doom creation?
    I’m sure, but this was something I read when my family was living in the Netherlands in the early Eighties, and I can’t remember if I was reading it in English or just trying to make sense of the pictures. I remember his clone turning on Doom and being killed by him. There was a coronation or a wedding going on, and the FF were being held captive. Have I made this up? It’s been a long time.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Panic View Post
    I’m sure, but this was something I read when my family was living in the Netherlands in the early Eighties, and I can’t remember if I was reading it in English or just trying to make sense of the pictures. I remember his clone turning on Doom and being killed by him. There was a coronation or a wedding going on, and the FF were being held captive. Have I made this up? It’s been a long time.
    You're right. Doom chokes him out at the end, if memory serves.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Victo...ne)_(Earth-616)

Let's have Richard Rider retconned as a mutant. Maybe he can finally be in the MCU as one of the X-men.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    You're right. Doom chokes him out at the end, if memory serves.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Victo...ne)_(Earth-616)
    Link update: Victor von Doom (Clone) (Earth-616)

Are we retruning to the 90s when everyone and your aunt was a mutant?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Are we retruning to the 90s when everyone and your aunt was a mutant?
    Even Aunt May became a mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap808 View Post
    Let's have Richard Rider retconned as a mutant. Maybe he can finally be in the MCU as one of the X-men.
    Come to think of it, he does require a new origin for the MCU, for two reasons. One, the first Guardians movie established the Nova Corps, but they don't have superpowers. And two, his comic origin (alien crashes a ship, and, about to die, hands over his powers to the nearest worthy Earthling) is honestly a blatant rip-off of Hal Jordan Green Lantern's, and therefore unadaptable since it'd look like it's ripping off the GL movie that starred Ryan Reynolds and used a comics faithful origin (they don't want to look like they ripped off a box office bomb!).
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Even Aunt May became a mutant.

Oh, my, I could believe it. I mean, she was the herald of Galactus once.

Do you think than Toro and Dayso Johnson will be retconned into mutants too? Or Moon Girl?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Moon Girl probably doesn't need a retcon... one, she's young enough that if she was a mutant, her power wouldn't have manifested yet. And two, her power is simply mind-swapping with Devil Dinosaur on a full moon... did her cartoon excise that, or did it change the explanation?

Moon Girl probably doesn't need a retcon... one, she's young enough that if she was a mutant, her power wouldn't have manifested yet. And two, her power is simply mind-swapping with Devil Dinosaur on a full moon... did her cartoon excise that, or did it change the explanation?
    DUnno. I don't usually watch cartoons these days anymore. I watched the first peisode on youtube because curiosity, but I don't remember they ever mentioned anything inhuman or superpowers related being mentioned there. But I might have overlooked it.

Come to think of it, he does require a new origin for the MCU, for two reasons. One, the first Guardians movie established the Nova Corps, but they don't have superpowers. And two, his comic origin (alien crashes a ship, and, about to die, hands over his powers to the nearest worthy Earthling) is honestly a blatant rip-off of Hal Jordan Green Lantern's, and therefore unadaptable since it'd look like it's ripping off the GL movie that starred Ryan Reynolds and used a comics faithful origin (they don't want to look like they ripped off a box office bomb!).
    Plus Xander doesn't exist in the MU anymore. I've felt that Sam is probably going to be the Nova they introduce due to having an easier origin to adapt.

Yeah - could say that the Black Novas were the only ones with powers, and his father was one? In the comics the Black Novas were a splinter faction, whose powers were functionally the same as regular Novas but without a link to the Worldmind, but the thing about Sam inheriting his helmet from his missing father works just fine for the MCU.