Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    I was thinking about Moira, Proteus, and Wolfsbane.

They thought their mother was dead, and now she's alive and is a mutant killing machine.
    No repercussions about it?

Have Rahne and Kevin interacted at all in this Krakoan phase?

Besides Hope, did any other The Five member have a character development arc?

What was the point of Kevin feeding from Xavier's clones?
    They didn't think through a lot of Moira stuff.

Proteus II aka/formerly Piecemeal
    Last edited by danielsan52; 01-09-2024 at 10:41 AM.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

The return of the Bailey Family - Sara, Joey, and Gailyn. How was Jean all about creating the Phoenix Foundation but ok with leaving her niece and nephew out of the Resurrection Protocols (and likely Sara too as she was hinted at being a mutant). So much for family, amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    The return of the Bailey Family - Sara, Joey, and Gailyn. How was Jean all about creating the Phoenix Foundation but ok with leaving her niece and nephew out of the Resurrection Protocols (and likely Sara too as she was hinted at being a mutant). So much for family, amirite?
    Or Destiny visiting with her grandson. She could’ve manipulated him and his mutant friends onto her and Mystique’s side.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

While I was bummed that the adult version of Cable didn't appear until somewhat late in the Krakoan era, there were those who enjoyed the role-reversal (back to a more natural state) with the younger Kid Cable getting to interact with his (older) parents in a more family-like dynamic. So it was a missed opportunity for me, as an OG Cable fan who didn't enjoy Kid Cable, but clearly others felt differently. So I'll leave that one be for now.

For me, the biggest missed opportunity was with Wolverine and X-Force to make them more cohesive and, in the case of X-Force, better overall by truly leaning into that team as the mutant CIA and making them more proactive and effective... rather than bumbling, reactive idiots who were always behind the eightball. Never seeing what was coming their way until it was too late. Percy had great collaborators on the art side, so if he had just leaned into this a bit more with more substantial, geopolitical thriller type operations all around the world -- and even off-world in the case of Planet Arakko -- it would've been much more enjoyable IMO. He really could've leaned into Logan as the mutant equivalent of Nick Fury too, with Laura serving on the main, public facing X-men team at the time doing more routine superheroics. It was a great opportunity to further juxtapose those two in distinctly different roles. Such a wasted opportunity in my view... hopefully the next era will take advantage.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Ditto Kitty's dad, Piotr's parents, Ororo's parents, Scott's mom, Warren's dad, Erik's wife and daughter. Sharon Friedlander. Candy Southern. Moira McTaggart (since the people doing the resurrecting wouldn't know she wasn't dead, and Proteus would be advocating to resurrect his mom right the F now!).

Danger not playing a bigger role in a story that has the X-Men become anti-AI hardliners who turn on their allies, and everyone seemingly being cool with that instead of it serving as a source of conflict.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    Danger not playing a bigger role in a story that has the X-Men become anti-AI hardliners who turn on their allies, and everyone seemingly being cool with that instead of it serving as a source of conflict.

Yeah, that's a weird angle for them to go in to be sure.

Astonishing Member

I'm not sure if this mentioned here or anywhere on the thread but did everyone forget that their were Stark Sentinels years before Feilong or Krakoa appeared. In Rick Remender AXIS even from 2014. Red Skull with Professor X brain nudged Stark to subconsciousnesly create them and it took Magneto gathering various Marvel villains to beat them. Was this address at all in the Krakoa age especially right now when Orchis started building them. Maybe the Remender Stark Sentinels were used a foundation for the Feilong Stark Sentinels.

Writers had ignored the AI conflict.
    At first no mechanical technology was allowed in Krakoa because of the risk of it be compromised by the machines. All should be plant based.
    But it didn't took long to see traditional devices in Krakoa.
    So I don't think Danger would be a problem.

Another ignored point is the connection between Karima and Bastion. And Thunderbird III.

Astonishing Member

At first no mechanical technology was allowed in Krakoa because of the risk of it be compromised by the machines. All should be plant based.

Another ignored point is the connection between Karima and Bastion. And Thunderbird III.
    It's narrative main purpose seems to have been to make the mutants blind to the dangers of their own new technologies and machines, so they could embrace and use it to alter themself and be on the path of becomming Post Humans too.

As such it might have been in the original head writer's interest to just ingore Danger and similar positive relations between the X-men and thinking/feeling machines in the past, as to not interrupt their hubris filled finger pointing at perceived evils and enemies.
    Last edited by Grunty; 01-20-2024 at 05:06 PM.

Yeah Neal Sharra was trying to find a relative of his that had been yanked to be turned into a Sentinel. Karima was trying to help with that. Then Karima gets grabbed and turned into a cyborg, but doesn't get controlled by Bastion. Then acts as their ally for years because she doesn't like Bastion's ----.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Ditto Kitty's dad, Piotr's parents, Ororo's parents, Scott's mom, Warren's dad, Erik's wife and daughter. Sharon Friedlander. Candy Southern. Moira McTaggart (since the people doing the resurrecting wouldn't know she wasn't dead, and Proteus would be advocating to resurrect his mom right the F now!).
    Everyone kew Moira was alive by the time the Phoenix Foundation was created. All those characters you mention were human and were never backed up by Cerebro. Not to mention DNA samples do not exist. Resurrections of long dead humans was never a possiblility

Is Santa Claus an omega mutant!?

Creating a mutant circuit with Santa Claus as part of it!?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Everyone kew Moira was alive by the time the Phoenix Foundation was created. All those characters you mention were human and were never backed up by Cerebro. Not to mention DNA samples do not exist. Resurrections of long dead humans was never a possiblility
    If only they had someone who could invent time travel and a cerebro!