Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Amacent View Post
    Personally, it was when nobody followed up with these four awesome characters after this scene.

Attachment 136036

Forever waiting for a 'Party In Madripoor' miniseries.
    Yeah, the Great Captains or whatever really got shafted.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Mutant magic and Krokan mutants learning about magic from Aarrako mutants that they developed to fight the demons of Amenth

The creation of mutant gods/goddess

Fantastic Member

Mutant Circuits / Mutant Technologies. Can't remember if it was ever clarified what makes it special and different from just several characters using their powers together for a better effect. And The Five was the only Circuit actively shown, with The Six appearing together once IIRC. With so many mutants living together it is a missed opportunity to show more, especially some characters with relatively obscure or weak powers using them in combination for a better effect. Just recently read the story about Specter and Graymalkin and it was a great idea how Specter's shadow can help Graymalkin to activate his powers that works in darkness only. Nor sure if it counts as a Circuit, but would have loved to see more such combos.

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    Mutant Circuits / Mutant Technologies. Can't remember if it was ever clarified what makes it special and different from just several characters using their powers together for a better effect. And The Five was the only Circuit actively shown, with The Six appearing together once IIRC. With so many mutants living together it is a missed opportunity to show more, especially some characters with relatively obscure or weak powers using them in combination for a better effect. Just recently read the story about Specter and Graymalkin and it was a great idea how Specter's shadow can help Graymalkin to activate his powers that works in darkness only. Nor sure if it counts as a Circuit, but would have loved to see more such combos.
    The Six, and the rest of S.W.O.R.D. cast were awesome! Talk about some forgotten mutants. Was nice to see a few former Resistants/Mutant Force (Lifter, Burner, Peepers) get a role in a modern book. Too bad it ended, I preferred that to X-Men Red.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

No Generation X reunion. We got the entire gang back for the first time in almost 2 decades and they did nothing with them as a group

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No Generation X reunion. We got the entire gang back for the first time in almost 2 decades and they did nothing with them as a group
    Agree... Graduating Chamber and Mondo (was he ever really a GenX?) to New Mutants was nice, but that lasted half a minute.

Bring back The original Generation X!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura

Might as well call the Krakoan Era 'The Era of Missed Opportunities'.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

The biggest issue for me is the lack of focus on the characters and their journeys.
    They brought back tons of characters who were dead for years or decades and we barely got to see any of them truly react to their return or reuniting with their loved ones. Most were just back as if they’d spent a weekend away or got like two panels hugging random people.
    This is obviously just one example, but it shows how little the Krakoan era cared about exploring the psychological implications of everything mutants were going through.
    Due to this, I feel they diluted the power of many of the new developments which should have been way more bombastic.
    We got YEARS of characters coping with the loss of characters like Synch, Thunderbird or the NXM kids, but once they returned, nobody really seemed to care. I.e. Synch being back would have been HUGE for Monet or Jubilee. Now it seems like they’re mere acquaintances. Everybody seems more distant and impersonal than before.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    The biggest issue for me is the lack of focus on the characters and their journeys.
    They brought back tons of characters who were dead for years or decades and we barely got to see any of them truly react to their return or reuniting with their loved ones. Most were just back as if they’d spent a weekend away or got like two panels hugging random people.
    This is obviously just one example, but it shows how little the Krakoan era cared about exploring the psychological implications of everything mutants were going through.
    Due to this, I feel they diluted the power of many of the new developments which should have been way more bombastic.
    We got YEARS of characters coping with the loss of characters like Synch, Thunderbird or the NXM kids, but once they returned, nobody really seemed to care. I.e. Synch being back would have been HUGE for Monet or Jubilee. Now it seems like they’re mere acquaintances. Everybody seems more distant and impersonal than before.
    Same with The Original Hellions - Zero interaction with Emma, Zero interaction with The New Mutants, Firestar, or Warpath.

Why weren't they guests in any of The New Mutant books? Imagine the teamups or if they all became one team.

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura

Exactly what Kingdom X had stated about societal commentary being more interesting. I’d like to see The People rising up to overthrow their corrupt government, instead of the curb-stomping Orchis gave them. XFactor needed to continue, just not with the Mutant Gods angle, we have too many overpowered mutants. Instead a ‘let’s uncover the dark underside of this new society, explore reasons for dissent, and uncover secrets of the Resurrection process” that XFAQ seemed to start with. Then let’s feed the Omegas to Krakoa/Arakko.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Same with The Original Hellions - Zero interaction with Emma, Zero interaction with The New Mutants, Firestar, or Warpath.

Why weren't they guests in any of The New Mutant books? Imagine the teamups or if they all became one team.
    Thats not true. Firestar had a spotlight issue of X-men Annual where she did reunite with the Hellions

Thats not true. Firestar had a spotlight issue of X-men Annual where she did reunite with the Hellions
    She's the exception, not the rule. We didn't see many characters reacting to the return of the Hellions. I don't even recall Emma's reaction and their deaths used to have a MAJOR impact on the character. It drove a lot of her character development from Gen X to NXM and even AXM.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, there were a ton of powerful moments that got skipped, IMO. We had a few pages devoted to Melody Guthrie getting killed off to restore her powers, and nothing about her brother Icarus, who wanted to *die* to avoid being a mutant and was resurrected anyway? Goodness. (And the whole thing was foolishness, since Hope and Wanda had already undone the Decimation and even if Melody hadn't been repowered at that moment, Wanda had already proven with Rictor that she could re-empower individuals without them having to be hacked into pieces by Apocalypse in front of a howling crowd of crazy people.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, there were a ton of powerful moments that got skipped, IMO. We had a few pages devoted to Melody Guthrie getting killed off to restore her powers, and nothing about her brother Icarus, who wanted to *die* to avoid being a mutant and was resurrected anyway? Goodness. (And the whole thing was foolishness, since Hope and Wanda had already undone the Decimation and even if Melody hadn't been repowered at that moment, Wanda had already proven with Rictor that she could re-empower individuals without them having to be hacked into pieces by Apocalypse in front of a howling crowd of crazy people.)
    Hope and Wadna never undid the deciMation. All they did was allow for new X-genes to be activated but everyone that lost theirs never got there's back from AvX. Wanda didnt have the power to repower anyone. She only did what she did with Rictor bc she possessed the Life Force which she hasnt had since that moment in Chidlren's Crusade

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    The Six, and the rest of S.W.O.R.D. cast were awesome! Talk about some forgotten mutants. Was nice to see a few former Resistants/Mutant Force (Lifter, Burner, Peepers) get a role in a modern book. Too bad it ended, I preferred that to X-Men Red.
    Yeah, so many obscure characters brought out to do something interesting. Would've been great if stories about SWORD's characters continued as back-up stories in X-Men Red.

Yeah, and Skin got it worst. Synch at least played a role, even if he hadn't interacted with others from Generation X, but Skin was resurrected and then basically never seen again.

So much this. There should've been a book completely dedicated to the resurrected mutants and their stories. Aero was given an issue, but her relationship with her siblings was just glossed over; yeah, the issue's focus was on Crucible, but they could've given us more reactions from other Guthries. And Icarus? He was suicidal, and unintentionally caused the deaths of fellow students by providing information to Stryker, but now he is just back, and no one seems to care. Does he still wants to kill himself? Does anyone, like Tag or DJ who died on the bus, blame Icarus for their deaths? Do they even know about his role in it? Wither killed Onyxx and then he himself was killed by Elixir. What is Onyxx feeling seeing Kevin again? What is Kevin feeling about being resurrected by his killer, enemy and love rival? What is he feeling about Selene? Entire generation of Academy X suffered the worst, so many of their friends were killed off randomly, it was pretty much a new death every day, it was so terrible what the kids even started betting on who would die next. And now all of them are back, and we saw almost zero reactions from their friends.
    Last edited by Harasar; 12-06-2023 at 07:17 AM.