Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Sinister variants trolling Gambit. It is very obvious with their looks but no one bother to mentioned Gambit.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Would have loved to see the Acolytes together again. Did Scanner go through the crucible to get her power back? Did she face off against Unuscione?

The lineups could have incorporated more obscure mutants, and villains. With this era having every mutant working together, and alive again, it's such a waste that it was more of the same old, same old.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Would have loved to see the Acolytes together again. Did Scanner go through the crucible to get her power back? Did she face off against Unuscione?

The lineups could have incorporated more obscure mutants, and villains. With this era having every mutant working together, and alive again, it's such a waste that it was more of the same old, same old.
    We at least got some of that with Hellions and Maraurders,

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That's true. I just wish we could have seen more of it.

Yeah I actually think incorporating former villains is something that the line did pretty well.

1. Excalibur- Apocalypse
    2. Marauders- Pyro, Callisto, Tempo
    3. X-Factor- Daken
    4. SWORD- Frenzy, Peepers, etc. (feel like I’m missing more here)
    5. X-Force- Black Tom and Omega Red
    6. Way/ Legion of X- Juggernaut and Fabian Cortez
    7. Immortal- Exodus as a main protagonist
    8, 9, and 10. Hellions/Dark X-Men/ and Sabretooth mini’s- most of the cast members.

With more time I think the line could have done more, but overall it seems like the “clean slate” was something utilized more than a lot of other Krakoan promises.

Thats not true. Firestar had a spotlight issue of X-men Annual where she did reunite with the Hellions
    I meant when they were resurrected but now that I think about it, she likely wasn’t on Krakoa when that happened.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Fantastic Member

Not sure if this has been covered, but as someone who lapsed a bit after the beginning of the Krakoa era, I always wondered...

Did they ever explain how Krakoa went from being ... well, the Krakoa of the last 45 years... to what it is now?
    Why did most of the X-Men wholesale-trust a sentient landmass that had tried to destroy them before?

Did they ever explain why Charles suddenly started wearing the obscuring helmet at exactly the same time?

Or why unstable mass-murdering mutants were allowed to sit at the table with Xavier's core team?

To me, the better story (that Claremont has alluded to in recent interviews) and missed opportunity is explaining that.
    "Face Front... Nuff Said?"

Quote Originally Posted by jebsib View Post
    Not sure if this has been covered, but as someone who lapsed a bit after the beginning of the Krakoa era, I always wondered...

Did they ever explain how Krakoa went from being ... well, the Krakoa of the last 45 years... to what it is now?
    Why did most of the X-Men wholesale-trust a sentient landmass that had tried to destroy them before?

Did they ever explain why Charles suddenly started wearing the obscuring helmet at exactly the same time?

Or why unstable mass-murdering mutants were allowed to sit at the table with Xavier's core team?

To me, the better story (that Claremont has alluded to in recent interviews) and missed opportunity is explaining that.
    1. Not in any explicit detail but Powers of X shows Xavier being able to fully communicate with Krakoa for the first time via Cypher who acted as a translator between them. We can assume Charles made the deal with it to act as their living island in exchange for having access to all that mutant energy in this new symbiotic relationship between them as opposed to the antagonist one Krakoa had before when it wasnt able to communicate its needs. And I dont think Krakoa ever tried to destroy them. It was minding its busines in GSX and they approached him and bc of the nature of his powers, he needs to feed on mutant energy to survive. They've also had experience with versions of Krakoa that wasnt antagonist as was seen in Aaron's X-men run

2. Thats when he went into high gear to do the backups and resurrections.

3. None of the mutants on the council were unstable. Sure some had a murderous past but I wouldnt call any of them unstable and as such could be reasoned with. The biggest red flag was Sinister but they needed him for his DNA database.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    4. SWORD- Frenzy, Peepers, etc. (feel like I’m missing more here)
    Special shoutout to Forearm for his stellar outing in this book.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member

Marvel Swimsuit Special. Krakoa ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Marvel Swimsuit Special. Krakoa ed.
    Here you are friend.

You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post

Especially since we've seen all three of the main Acolyte leaders(Magneto, Exodus, and Fabian)!

I still wanted to see more of the Clan Akkaba. It's one of those super-teams you'd think would be a big deal, but they really aren't.

Alpha Flight should have featured Radius, Flex, Murmur, Goblyn, Pathway, Persuasion, Flashback family, Double Trouble, Windshear, Ghost Girl, Manikin, Wildchild, and any other Canadian mutants - even as just a cameo on the last page.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Alpha Flight should have featured Radius, Flex, Murmur, Goblyn, Pathway, Persuasion, Flashback family, Double Trouble, Windshear, Ghost Girl, Manikin, Wildchild, and any other Canadian mutants - even as just a cameo on the last page.
    As much as I would have loved that, since both Pathway and Manikin can teleport, it could have been a head-scratcher.