Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Krakoan Era Missed Opportunities

The Krakoa era was great but there are a few things that could/should have happened:

Changeling, Petra, Sway resurrected.

The Promise regrouped and either joining or opposing Krakoa.

Namorita resurrected.

Super Sabre, Stonewall, and Crimson Commando resurrected young.

Evil mutants like Harness and Tower voted to be resurrected with their x-gene deactivated.

El Aguila and Windshear mutant powers restored.

Locus.

Equis.

Skein.

Astra.

Mortis.

The Resistants (Mist Mistress, Rust, etc.)

Antonio Argent resurrected (Magma’s bf).

Karma’s younger siblings, and half sister.

Sunpyre, Wraith.

Hellions reunion with Emma.

Emplate’s “Hellions” (Bulwark, Murmur, Vincente) freed from his control.

Acolytes ongoing and a Morlocks mini.

The Gladiators being the stars of The Arena.

More stories from The Sexton (MLF, Hellions, Generation X, Poltergeist, Link, Murmur II, Radius, Flex, Ghost Girl).

Academy X with a rotating cast of the kids.

Wanda and Pietro being mutants again.

Mutants from other countries move to or resurrected on Krakoa:
    - Auric (deceased), Silver (deceased), Goblyn, Pathway, Darkstar, Ursa Major, Vanguard, Sibercat, Sabra, Tangerine, Snake, Jade Dragon, Ox, Nuwa, Collective Man, La Bandera, Lightbright and The Biogenes, etc.

Return of Humus Sapien.

Pyro II and Avalanche II get new identities.
    Last edited by danielsan52; 12-03-2023 at 10:59 PM.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

I would have loved for Scanner to return and get her powers back. Then get some other Acolytes back and make a series of it.

I agree on the Russian mutants return and the rotating cast of New/Young X-Men and more on MLF.

Finally I would have loved to see more on the CotV culture, deep dive in to Luz and Indra, while see more developments on the 2nd generation under leadership of Cadena.
    Last edited by Master of Sound; 12-03-2023 at 11:46 AM.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Hellions' reunion with Tag and Wither.
    New Mutants' reunion with Icarus.
    Rockslide's resurrection.

I would have liked to see more international mutants too. La Bandera back to life, Askari powered again...
    I don't know if Centennial from Alpha Flight is supposed to be dead or not, but if he was, they could have resurrected him as a young man and maybe he would have been Krakoa's Superman.

Some of those things actually happened, but off panel. Maybe they'll tell it in one of those webtoons with mediocre art from the Marvel Unlimited app.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Astonishing Member

Actualy reflecting how a suddently existing melting pot of people from a massively diverse multitude of personal, social, cultural, religios and ethnic backrounds, only tied together by the vague premise of a shared gene that grants them equaly diverse numbers of super powers should be full of different opinions, perspectives, arguments and communal groups, rather than a homogenous mass of bodies to fill backrounds, sit around doing nothing or gathering in one place to shout a single word all the time.

But this would have been too difficult for a 3 year "rise and fall of super people" story in a series about super hero action.

The Captain Commander and the Captains.

They existed just to exist. Take them off the list and nothing changes.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

The Summers/Howlett polyamory actually confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    I'm not sure how we get more confirmed than adjoined bedrooms but they did pussyfoot around the topic a lot.

Seconding more on-panel reunions -- Tag and Hellion, Warpath and Risque, Emma and the Hellions, etc. I also would've liked to see more of The Six in action, and after X-Factor's cancellation that team should have appeared in other books since they had a specific purpose that could've been carried on throughout the line. I also would've liked to see a committed return of Wanda and Pietro to mutantdom.

Where was Mimic and Michael Pointer?? Make them a couple.

In addition to the Gladiators who should have been in The Arena, the mutant Thunderiders could have been there for entertainment.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    It never made sense.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I'm not sure how we get more confirmed than adjoined bedrooms but they did pussyfoot around the topic a lot.

Seconding more on-panel reunions -- Tag and Hellion, Warpath and Risque, Emma and the Hellions, etc. I also would've liked to see more of The Six in action, and after X-Factor's cancellation that team should have appeared in other books since they had a specific purpose that could've been carried on throughout the line. I also would've liked to see a committed return of Wanda and Pietro to mutantdom.
    Yeah, the rooms were just "funny hints", easily dismissable. Same for Emma and Scott coming at a meeting together. The only one scene which confirmed the openness of the relationship was the kiss/sex scene between Logan and Jean in X-force, which was clearly not played for a potential drama with Scott.

Also yeah, cancelling the Moira book and Xfactor were bad ideas.

I've had a few:

I know JDW constantly says that its sales numbers and writers not showing interest BUT it was really dissapointing that they didnt do what Hickman advised and try to highlight each genertion properly in this era.

They could have given us little 4 issue mini's of: GenX, Academy X-Men/Younge X-Men ( if they wanted to go with that), and Gen Hope.

It would have been good to see all the other human groups and having the younger generations go after them like a strike force since the A-list X-Men were having such a difficult time with ORCHIS.

More exploration of Krakoa and its different areas.

The Genosha/Krakoa comparisons.

The Captain Commanders should have had a mini and their should have been at least 8 of them.

Different factions on Krakoa: Definitely think the Acolytes and the OG Hellions should have gotten at least one shot spotlight.

I wish they had used the chimera to introduce fan fave characters to 616. (YES this is just my excuse to have Ruby Summers show up)

They should have given us at least ONE character that took advantage of the resurrection and adding new powers. (For example: Warren could have been given super strength and slight invulnerability)

I think we really did miss out on the perspective of the mutants that had it really bad and that was the Decimation/Hate Crimed one. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It never made sense.
    Never made sense. Supposedly everyone is fucking everyone but you only show Jean/Scott/Logan and hint at Emma/Scott even though neither of them should be a thing. Glad it was seemingly dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I've had a few:

I know JDW constantly says that its sales numbers and writers not showing interest BUT it was really dissapointing that they didnt do what Hickman advised and try to highlight each genertion properly in this era.

They could have given us little 4 issue mini's of: GenX, Academy X-Men/Younge X-Men ( if they wanted to go with that), and Gen Hope.

It would have been good to see all the other human groups and having the younger generations go after them like a strike force since the A-list X-Men were having such a difficult time with ORCHIS.

More exploration of Krakoa and its different areas.

The Genosha/Krakoa comparisons.

The Captain Commanders should have had a mini and their should have been at least 8 of them.

Different factions on Krakoa: Definitely think the Acolytes and the OG Hellions should have gotten at least one shot spotlight.

I wish they had used the chimera to introduce fan fave characters to 616. (YES this is just my excuse to have Ruby Summers show up)

They should have given us at least ONE character that took advantage of the resurrection and adding new powers. (For example: Warren could have been given super strength and slight invulnerability)

I think we really did miss out on the perspective of the mutants that had it really bad and that was the Decimation/Hate Crimed one. IMO
    With the panel we've seen from RoTPoX hopefully we'll see those comparisons during Brevoorts run.

• I keep bringing this up, but Omega Sentinel should have beef with - or some memory of - Hellion. Megs didn't even do much until FoX, but having her retain a personal enemy that she wanted taken out would have fleshed her out more. Also Hellion was right about her.
    • Krakoa as a location was severely underdeveloped. The vast majority of the time, we only saw the tiki bar, some beaches, the inside of any interchangeable plant building, or the Quiet Council chambers.
    • Sinister's chimeras were built up as a big thing for years, and we only got an unactivated Tarn clone, Rasputin IV and the other freaks from Sins of Sinister. We don't need them gobbling up page time, but they're a huge concept with a ton of implications, and it's sad Sinister never took advantage of that.
    • Despite being my favorite(?) of the four Sins, Orbis Stellaris didn't really have much of a presence, even in X-Men Red.
    • Emma never reunited with Hellion, and he never got to call her out for abandoning him.
    • She also punched him in the face for being right.
    • No school system to speak of, aside from the New Mutants making stuff up after they got the job thrown onto them. Like an education system would have been a huge priority for Krakoa, especially with Xavier, Magneto, Jean and Emma in charge.
    • Honestly, Hellion was right about so many things. We needed a super-sized issue of Immortal X-Men dedicated to the characters apologizing for not listening to him.
    • The Academy X kids not giving crap to the X-Men and Quiet Council for... well, everything they've done outside of bringing back their friends.
    • The ghost kid got an Unlimited Issue to showcase his issues, but focused more on propping up Prodigy for the X-Men vote. I don't think he even got a scene with Surge.
    • Speaking of Prodigy, they didn't do jack to develop his romance with Speed. And I miss Prodigy's sister, Kim. It would have been fun to see her visit Krakoa and interact with everything.
    • Sabretooth's first book ends with ends by stoking the fires of a social revolution. But then it's never really brought up again and it seems like the citizens of Krakoa just forgot.
    • The differing opinions on Krakoa are reserved for small incidents; otherwise, they're just this unanimous, faceless collective who exist to yes-man for the main characters.
    • No Sofia/Laura/Hellion drama, or Sofia/Laura not caring about the drama and instead becoming friends. Like we know Laura bounces off peppy girls - the path is already there.
    • Oh hey, Sofia is now in charge of Mojo's media empire! I wonder what can come of thi- Oh no, never mind.
    • Oh hey, Wither's back! I wonder how his relationship is with Selene after the whole Necrosha thing? How does Laurie feel about him? How does he feel about his killer and biggest rival being worshipped by the island? How has his outlook on death and his powers changed on the Island of Immortality? Oh wait, nvm - it's all swept under the rug to make Gwenpool's awful arc easy.
    • Oh yeah, Gwenpool was on Krakoa. Nothing came of that.
    • Remember when the weird French kids altered the Beak Family's memories, and there was an inkling that the kids could potentially turn evil one day? They forgot about that, too. But tbh I'm not too assed about that, since I didn't care about them, nor Glob Herman.
    • Laura.
    • Moira.
    • Hellion.
    • Marauders vol 1 became The Kitty and Emma Show, Featuring Shaw and Guest Starring the Hellfire Brats. Vol 2 was a good chance to course-correct and return the focus to a team of liberators, we got... the Shi'ar and some progenitor mutants who don't matter and add nothing to the overall narrative? At least we got Tulkas, and I'm happy Tempo got laid.
    • We wasted 2 slots in Bishop: War College to 2 OCs who did nothing and had nothing. Why not give a slot to Hellion? Or hell, why not use Black Tween Hellion from the race-swap AU? We saw him, he was adorable.
    • Williams not making that Krakoan pantheon or developing Siryn's death-related powers.
    • X-Magic as a whole.
    • Tier's story getting acknowledged, but never being followed up on.
    • Honestly, quite a few plot lines were too good to pass up, but still fell by the wayside.
    • If you were going to make Beast an evil skank, give us more than a couple of pages of him and Brand being evil skanks together.
    • Killian Devo. I'm sure many of you forgot he even existed.
    • Free love! Except no main characters are actually taking part in it, aside from Jean/Logan in Percy's book a couple of times, and Scott/Jean/Logan/Emma "hints" that were just used for jokes.
    • Make more mutants! Except almost all new mutants came from extras, and they just all collectively decided to dump their babies on the side of the road.
    • Said babies were barely even utilized. How the hell did Percy handle that plotline best?
    • They just kind of let go of any plot surrounding Nimrod's wife.
    • They killed Quentin Quire, but did not leave him dead.
    • The Waiting Room is horrible, actually. It has its good points, but it's basically a suicide booth and was everything the Crucible stood to stop. Yet it's just this objectively good thing with no problems, except for the fact that writers had to awkwardly write around it or just not even acknowledge it. Thanks, Wanda.

I'd say the biggest missed opportunity Krakoa as a country not being built up. We had that with the Crucible, the kids being desensitized to death, and free love. But most of that was off-screen or written out almost immediately. Krakoa's citizens were largely just generic masses. We needed slice of life moments, down time to give life to the people and the country, but couldn't because it "doesn't sell well." (Even though Arakko got a lot of development in 2 short-lived books and in the backstory of an event, weaving the people and their lore in and out of narratives without hurting quality.) They wanted to make this brave new world, but played it safe.

Then there's Orchis, who was a joke until FoX. No one - not fans, not the characters - were taking them seriously because they didn't do anything. They made it this far because everyone just ignored them, or made token efforts to stop them. Hickman at least did some things with them before bouncing, but then they fell back to the wayside.

I really love Krakoa, but you could tell they played it too safe after a while. So much of the creativity and drive of the Hickman era petered out.
    Last edited by Rift; 12-03-2023 at 03:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Not having Hellion's Hellions be an actual team.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.