Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

It's a shame they didn't have an X-Men Unlimited style anthology book they could have used to highlight all these neglected mutants and storylines.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I'd say the biggest missed opportunity Krakoa as a country not being built up. We had that with the Crucible, the kids being desensitized to death, and free love. But most of that was off-screen or written out almost immediately. Krakoa's citizens were largely just generic masses. We needed slice of life moments, down time to give life to the people and the country, but couldn't because it "doesn't sell well." (Even though Arakko got a lot of development in 2 short-lived books and in the backstory of an event, weaving the people and their lore in and out of narratives without hurting quality.) They wanted to make this brave new world, but played it safe.
    With all every one of you listed, and this above, I think that, if the story had been planned better (year-long planning, I fear), they could've had material for 10years, before finally moving to the Fall of X. They could've taught the readers to enjoy a broader story than the same 15 characters punching/fighting and posing for splash pages. Less fights, more day scenes, enemies than need to learn to be allies, rivalries, hatred, vengeances... I swear, so much waste potential.
    If you gave a title to Poccy and all the people who have beef with him, you could fill the title for 3 years!
    First Warren in Dark X-Men #1, and then Genis-Vell in Captain Marvel #1. Seriously, Marvel?!
    Avatar reflecting my mood. I couldn't stand the sunny high-flying Angel one anymore.

Not sure if it was mentioned yet but Larry Bodine (the mutant who killer himself in that New Mutants one shot in the day) was a missed opportunity to bring him back.

Also most definitely Dr. Valerie Cooper and where she would align herself as a mutant ally. Would she have felt betrayed by mutantkind with Krakoa and join Orchis?
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Quote Originally Posted by Hakka84 View Post
    With all every one of you listed, and this above, I think that, if the story had been planned better (year-long planning, I fear), they could've had material for 10years, before finally moving to the Fall of X.
    10 years of Percy writing Beast?!?

Don't say things like that!
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

I’m mostly bummed we never got the Imperial Guard book. That and Hickman’s New Mutants was cut too short. To be fair though Krakoa doesn’t seem to be ending, just changing. What that means remains to be seen.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Big upvote to the social revolution point that Rift made. Maybe it’s just me, but I was always much more interested in commentary ABOUT the flaws Krakoan society than seeing it taken down by external threats. It seemed like the main titles were finally acknowledging some of those amazing threads LaValle hinted at with Immortal #13 and the dissolution of the council… only to throw us into Operation Zero Tolerance 2.0.

It’s like *some* of these writers can’t understand the nuances of what oppression and inequity within marginalized communities could possibly look like so they went to the only thing they do know… extreme violence from the oppressor.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 12-04-2023 at 08:31 AM.

Astonishing Member

The destruction of the life form known as Hellion.

I think it might have been useful to either have a copy of m/the pet of Bastion that was OG Nimrod going ‘hmm maybe not all mutants bad?’ Might have been useful as comparison to what hollow shells of malice Nimrod and Omega are
    Last edited by king of hybrids; 12-04-2023 at 12:55 AM.

Amazing Member

Much of the mutants who lived there were barely used, that is for me a big let down and more depowered muties should have gone though the crubicle fights.

Xavier talked about being on the way to resurrect the "real" Petra and Sway in X-Men Red, so I assume future writers could choose to use them if they wished. It simply may have happened (this time for real) off-screen.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    .... and after X-Factor's cancellation that team should have appeared in other books since they had a specific purpose that could've been carried on throughout the line.
    AGREED.

Unfortunately (and Fortunately) the members of that AMAZING group gradually joined other titles (Akihiro & Aurora to the Marauders, Polaris to the X-Men, and Askani to Excalibur/Captain Britain) leaving only Eye Boy, Prodigy and Northstar.

The X-Factor crew truly had the loveliest found-family-dynamic and I miss them so.
    In my delusional fan fiction heart, those three remaining detectives recruited additionally appropriate mutants to fill their ranks and continue the work, despite not appearing on panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Big upvote to the social revolution point that Rift made. Maybe it’s just me, but I was always much more interested in commentary ABOUT the flaws Krakoan society than seeing it taken down by external threats. It seemed like the main titles were finally acknowledging some of those amazing threads LaValle hinted at with Immortal #13 and the dissolution of the council… only to throw us into Operation Zero Tolerance 2.0.

It’s like *some* of these writers can’t understand the nuances of what oppression and inequity within marginalized communities could possibly so they went to the only thing they do know… extreme violence from the oppressor.
    This as well!!
    Exploring, examining and exposing the problematic aspects of Krakoa and really doing the leg work.
    The Quiet Council has been an INCREDIBLE story and I've loved every minute, but I'd very much love to see an Elected Council with experts and experience and investment in their fields beyond personal power grabs to be seated and exacting positive change.
    Last edited by Fokken; 12-04-2023 at 06:46 AM.

The first Xmen Team needed more than 12 issues.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    This as well!!
    Exploring, examining and exposing the problematic aspects of Krakoa and really doing the leg work.
    The Quiet Council has been an INCREDIBLE story and I've loved every minute, but I'd very much love to see an Elected Council with experts and experience and investment in their fields beyond personal power grabs to be seated and exacting positive change.
    I feel like characters like Nightcrawler, Colossus and Kitty all have a neat sort of core of idealism, occasionally battered by pragmatic realities, that would make them ideal visionaries and architects of a better society. It's not, IMO, about who has the money and political clout, since that's irrelevant in a *new* nation, that's kind of post-money anyway, but who has the better *vision of the future* they are building towards. And those three (among others, I'm sure) would have the sort of vision that if I had a vote, I'd want to live in the future they built, not any sort of dystopian hellscape that some of the more old-thinking top-down heirarchical / patriarchal 'old, establishment, more money, more power, right race/bloodline rules everyone else' sorts would endlessly re-invent.

Astonishing Member

Exterminator 2 boom boom unbound

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    It’s like *some* of these writers can’t understand the nuances of what oppression and inequity within marginalized communities could possibly so they went to the only thing they do know… extreme violence from the oppressor.
    Ding ding ding ding

The whole X-Men vs Quiet Council that was being set up early. It ties into the Krakoan flaws that seemed to get ignored later on.