Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Thank you, everyone for all the well-wishes!

Very happy to be re-upped at Marvel.

Glad to keep telling stories over in SPIDER-BOY and SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN.
    And to be working with Paco, Mark, Ty, Ellie, MR, and everyone on these titles.

Super-excited for what will be coming your way in 2024 and beyond!

For those asking:
    There will still be the carve out for my once-a-year DOCTOR WHO book with Titan Publishing.
    And I am free to work on any potential creator owned projects if I can fit them into my work schedule.

In 2023, Mark & my SPIDER-MAN book launched incredibly well, its first issue was the #1 book for Marvel that year in units. It was #2 in dollars, which is also something to be very proud of too. All of its issues were in the Top 25. Nearly half of them sold out and went to 2nd printings. SPIDER-MAN #7, featuring the first appearance of Spider-Boy, had its 2nd printing sell out and went back to press for a 3rd. In this market, that's one hell of a book!

As the book "fissioned" into two titles, Mark & my SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN title has kept its predecessor's streak going, by having it's prequel one-shot (SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN RETURNS) and its first issue sell out and go back to press for 2nd printings.

And the first issue of the SPIDER-BOY book is currently Marvel's best-selling single issue for 2023.

The important thing: YOU made all of that happen with your support! Thank you for that! I am incredibly grateful for the way you come through for these titles with your patronage! THANK YOU!

All I can say after that... is that I can't wait till you see our future issues! Like what we have coming your way December 20th with SPIDER-BOY #2 and SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #2!!!

Happy Holidays and a very Happy New Year!

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    Thank you, everyone for all the well-wishes!

Very happy to be re-upped at Marvel.

Glad to keep telling stories over in SPIDER-BOY and SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN.
    And to be working with Paco, Mark, Ty, Ellie, MR, and everyone on these titles.

Super-excited for what will be coming your way in 2024 and beyond!

For those asking:
    There will still be the carve out for my once-a-year DOCTOR WHO book with Titan Publishing.
    And I am free to work on any potential creator owned projects if I can fit them into my work schedule.

In 2023, Mark & my SPIDER-MAN book launched incredibly well, its first issue was the #1 book for Marvel that year in units. It was #2 in dollars, which is also something to be very proud of too. All of its issues were in the Top 25. Nearly half of them sold out and went to 2nd printings. SPIDER-MAN #7, featuring the first appearance of Spider-Boy, had its 2nd printing sell out and went back to press for a 3rd. In this market, that's one hell of a book!

As the book "fissioned" into two titles, Mark & my SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN title has kept its predecessor's streak going, by having it's prequel one-shot (SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN RETURNS) and its first issue sell out and go back to press for 2nd printings.

And the first issue of the SPIDER-BOY book is currently Marvel's best-selling single issue for 2023.

The important thing: YOU made all of that happen with your support! Thank you for that! I am incredibly grateful for the way you come through for these titles with your patronage! THANK YOU!

All I can say after that... is that I can't wait till you see our future issues! Like what we have coming your way December 20th with SPIDER-BOY #2 and SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #2!!!

Happy Holidays and a very Happy New Year!
    Congrats Dan! Any chance we see you on a Peter Parker title in the near future?
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

Damn big congrats

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    Congrats Dan! Any chance we see you on a Peter Parker title in the near future?
    He’ll be tapped to do the quadruple-sized Amazing Spider-man #1000, he just doesn’t know it yet!

Or do he??? LOL!

Excellent news! Congrats, Dan!

Hopefully we'll be getting some Amazing Spider-man by Dan Slott Omnibuses sometime soon. The first Brand New Day Omnibus has been solicited and The Superior Spider-man Omnibus is out, but I'd like to see all of Dan's run collected eventually.

Also, if anyone hasn't checked it out, Dan's and the Allred's Silver Surfer Omnibus is so, so good.

Quote Originally Posted by mightyspidey View Post
    Congrats to Dan!
    Indeed. The majority might not agree, but I enjoyed how he wrote the "1st meeting" between Cap & The Askani'son (XD)

Quote Originally Posted by mightyspidey View Post
    Hope to see him in Amazing Spider-Man again in the future.
    I'd settle for another team-up between SPOCK & Agent Venom: Flash Thompson (LOL):

Last edited by K7P5V; 12-03-2023 at 11:18 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    I hope he'll fix Ben Reilly so he can be Sensational again (if Ben's status won't change till that time). Also, give us more of Superior Spider-Man!
    The only person I have less faith in handling Ben Reilly than Wells is Slott.

But congrats to him and his future non-Ben Reilly endeavors.

The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

Congrats, and here's to many more years to come!

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

This is cool. Not gonna lie, I've wanted to see Dan tear it up at DC for years but keeping him around Spidey is all good to me.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    This is cool. Not gonna lie, I've wanted to see Dan tear it up at DC for years but keeping him around Spidey is all good to me.
    It's a marvel thing. Doesn't mean he'll stick with a Spidey book but he'll be working on a marvel up of some kind next year

Astonishing Member

Congratulations, Dan Slott.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    It's a marvel thing. Doesn't mean he'll stick with a Spidey book but he'll be working on a marvel up of some kind next year
    Great Lake Avengers, represent!
    Join the "Spider-Fam" Community! - Celebrating Love and Advocating for Our Hero to Beat the Devil! - https://discord.gg/VQ2mHzBBFu

Astonishing Member

Congrats Dan!! Are you staying in the Spider-office or will you venture again into other corners of the MU?

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Indeed. The majority might not agree, but I enjoyed how he wrote the "1st meeting" between Cap & The Askani'son (XD)

Be careful what you wish for, Bucky!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    Great Lake Avengers, represent!
    More!
    More!
    More!
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver