Congratulations.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    https://www.thepopverse.com/marvel-s...exclusive-2023

Congrats to Dan Slott. These kinds of exclusive contracts seem rather rare in today's comics market.
    Congrats to Dan, but congrats to Disney/Marvel as well. Not only locking in a proven writer such as Dan long term, but locking in the rights to Spider-Man, Doctor Strange etc by settling with the Ditko Estate. Why? Prices for elite talent and ownership in entertainment and sports will keep going up, and they would pay more ( a lot more) later. For example: Baseball expert Projections had Ohtani because of an injury making $600m. They were very wrong: The Dodgers had to pony up $700m. I am sure both Dan and the Ditko Family did well, but so did Disney/Marvel.

Incredible Member

Thank you again-- to everyone. As 2023 goes into 2024 and more things are announced, I think you'll see why I was so excited to re-up with Marvel. Lots of cool stuff is on the way-- in addition to more Spider-Boy and more Superior.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Slott View Post
    Thank you again-- to everyone. As 2023 goes into 2024 and more things are announced, I think you'll see why I was so excited to re-up with Marvel. Lots of cool stuff is on the way-- in addition to more Spider-Boy and more Superior.
    So you're saying you're doing non-Spider books for Marvel, huh?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    So you're saying you're doing non-Spider books for Marvel, huh?
    I have in the past: SHE-HULK, AVENGERS: THE INITIATIVE, THE THING, MIGHTY AVENGERS, SILVER SURFER, TONY STARK: IRON MAN, and FANTASTIC FOUR.

But if I were a betting man, and looking at my track record...

SPIDER-MAN was 11 issues where all 11 issues were Top 25 books.
    SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN has had a special and a 1st issue where both debuted in the Top 10.
    SPIDER-BOY has launched as Marvel's best selling issue of 2023 so far.
    And 8 of those 14 issues have sold out and gone back to press for 2nd (and sometimes 3rd) printings.

...if I were Marvel, I'd probably want to keep that guy close to Spidey and his amazing world.
    Last edited by Dan Slott; 12-10-2023 at 01:05 PM.

Astonishing Member

I have in the past: SHE-HULK, AVENGERS: THE INITIATIVE, THE THING, MIGHTY AVENGERS, SILVER SURFER, TONY STARK: IRON MAN, and FANTASTIC FOUR.

SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN has had a special and a 1st issue where both debuted in the Top 10.
    And 8 of those 14 issues have sold out and gone back to press for 2nd (and sometimes 3rd) printings.

...if I were Marvel, I'd probably want to keep that guy close to Spidey and his amazing world.
    Ben Reilly: Chasm

Oh, that was my attempt at a little light-hearted joke. I didn't mean any offense and apologize for any misunderstanding.

And yeah, I expect you'll still be writing Spider-books while under your new contract. That's why I posted this news here and not the general Marvel Universe board.

Incredible Member

It's all good in the friendly neighborhood.