Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 21 of 21
  1. #16
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    21,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! Speaking of comebacks, my next choice would be The Tarantula

    Could end up being the reverse or inverse of Killer Moth becoming Charaxes, wherein he gets his human appearance back . . . but he's still a predatory spider-creature on the inside. Like a very evil Spider-Man.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  2. #17
    The Spirits of Vengeance K7P5V's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    12,545

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Could end up being the reverse or inverse of Killer Moth becoming Charaxes, wherein he gets his human appearance back . . . but he's still a predatory spider-creature on the inside. Like a very evil Spider-Man.
    Indeed. Personally, bringing back either version is fine with me.


  3. #18
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12,482

    Default

    All this discussions about power ups, and not what they would be...

    For the record, I don't think powerups are automatically a good thing. More threatening does not mean more interesting. Arcade was plenty threatening back in the day, as he should have been (he selects his victims, and tailors the battleground to their weaknesses), but he had little depth as a character.

    That said, one powerup I'd like to see is Grey Gargoyle being able to physically control those he turns into stone. Instead of inanimate hostages, he has a hostage, stone army.

  4. #19
    OUTRAGEOUS!! Thor-Ul's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Halfway between Asgard & Krypton
    Posts
    6,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post
    U.W, in case you don't know, was where Dc bad guys such as Killer Moth got an upgrade and took on the Heroes.

    Who would you fix in the MU?

    Example: Punisher baddie Jigsaw gets a handsome face again and becomes a more confident, ruthless crook.


    Who would you upgrade?
    I think something like that was don e in Bendis' Secret War, but were upgrades done by technology, not by magic:

    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

    "Great stories will always return to their original forms"

    "Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

  5. #20
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    12,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I think something like that was don e in Bendis' Secret War, but were upgrades done by technology, not by magic:

    Not really.

    In Secret Wars, Bendis tried to establish that Latveria was behind a bunch of tech villains.

    But he never demonstrated who got upgrades, who simply got their toys fixed, etc.

    Heck, in your scan, all the villains are red shirts who just happen to be using some vaguely recognizable tech.

  6. #21
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    21,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Indeed. Personally, bringing back either version is fine with me.

    Oh, yeah. I also like the version that appears in the tie-in comics by Christos Gage for Insomniac Games' Spider-Man series, with enhanced armor and mechanical spider legs extending from his back. Could say that was where Peter got the idea for that particular suit upgrade in Spider-Man 2.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    All this discussions about power ups, and not what they would be...

    For the record, I don't think powerups are automatically a good thing. More threatening does not mean more interesting. Arcade was plenty threatening back in the day, as he should have been (he selects his victims, and tailors the battleground to their weaknesses), but he had little depth as a character.

    That said, one powerup I'd like to see is Grey Gargoyle being able to physically control those he turns into stone. Instead of inanimate hostages, he has a hostage, stone army.
    You raise a very valid point there, and yeah, that Grey Gargoyle upgrade would be especially chilling.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    I think something like that was don e in Bendis' Secret War, but were upgrades done by technology, not by magic:

    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Not really.

    In Secret Wars, Bendis tried to establish that Latveria was behind a bunch of tech villains.

    But he never demonstrated who got upgrades, who simply got their toys fixed, etc.

    Heck, in your scan, all the villains are red shirts who just happen to be using some vaguely recognizable tech.
    For example, the Secret War Hobgoblin was some rando whose name we never even found out, with Nick Fury making a note of him mostly for how much the Goblin motif would piss Spider-Man off after everything Norman Osborn as the original Green Goblin put him through and how much Osborn's evil legacy would dog him even when he was presumed dead.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •