Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Superman & Family’s Entire Romantic History (Who’s Dated Who?)

So to start with there are theee couples that are sort of popular to represent in media adaptations, but I’m not sure they’ve ever been in canon.

Supergirl & Brainiac 5
    Supergirl & Jimmy Olsen
    Jimmy Olsen & Lucy Lane
    Last edited by Slimybug; 12-04-2023 at 09:16 AM.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Do you mean like "Superman family" members who have dated one another or who each character has dated in general?
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slimybug View Post
    So to start with there are theee couples that are sort of popular to represent in media adaptations, but I’m not sure they’ve ever been in canon.

Supergirl & Brainiac 5
    Supergirl & Jimmy Olsen
    Jimmy Olsen & Lois Lane
    Lois and jimmy feels creepy.That's brother and sister territory.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Lois and jimmy feels creepy.That's brother and sister territory.
    My initial reaction to Lois x Jimmy is also "Ewwww!" but my biggest issue with it is a Clark-Lois-Jimmy triangle would cause too much internal friction. With the recent push to make Jimmy more of Clark and Lois's peer as opposed to their junior colleague, the idea of Lois x Jimmy becomes far more plausible, especially under the context that Clark joined the Planet long after Lois and Jimmy were hired.

Supergirl & Brainiac 5
    Supergirl & Jimmy Olsen
    Jimmy Olsen & Lois Lane
    When did Jimmy and Lois date?

Incredible Member

Sorry guys, that was meant to say LUCY Lane!!!

And it could refer to anyone they've dated, I suppose.

Retired

I think there had to be at least one story where Jimmy and Lois were presumably dating. Of course, in Jimmy's mind every woman wanted him.

Superman and Supergirl--was a thing.

Superboy (Clark) and Duo Damsel (Luornu Durgo)--before she married Bouncing Boy. Lana Lang made a play for Star Boy (Thom Kallor). She later dated Vartox. Lana Lang and Clark Kent were a thing before the Crisis.

Supergirl and Comet the Super-Horse. Also known as Biron the Centaur, under a spell cast by Circe he became the Super-Horse. But for awhile he became fully human and Linda Lee met him when he was "Bronco Bill" Starr (a distant cousin of Ringo Starr, perhaps).

Krypto's girl friend was Chelsea--a posh pup, but they parted when she couldn't deal with a lover that can fly.
    Last edited by Jim Kelly; 12-05-2023 at 01:28 AM.

Jimmy Olsen & powergirl

Jimmy_Olsen_Vol_1_98.jpg

Jimmy Olsen and Bruna the Gorilla

All-New Member

Supergirl & Brainiac 5
    Supergirl & Jimmy Olsen
    Jimmy Olsen & Lucy Lane
    Supergirl and Brainiac 5 has been canon, hasn't it?
    Pre-crisis Supergirl was pretty strongly shipped with Brainiac 5 though it could be on and off at times and post Crisis Kara had things teased with him during New Krypton.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I think there had to be at least one story where Jimmy and Lois were presumably dating.
    SUPERMAN'S PAL, JIMMY OLSEN 21 (June 1957)--3rd story, "The Wedding of Jimmy Olsen" by Binder, Swan and Burnley; cover art by Swan and Burnley:

Astonishing Member

Let's see
    Show above Lois marries Jimmy.
    She married Batman in another imaginary story (and not the one where Clark was Batman)
    She married Luthor more than once in imaginary stories.

Jimmy married Linda Lee Danvers/Supergirl in one of my favorite imaginary tales.
    He tried to date Kristen Wells (who he didn't know was his own descendent)

Clark Kent has dated Barbara Gordon (though Superman never dated Batgirl).
    As Jim White, Clark was in a serious relationship with Sally Selwyn.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    SUPERMAN'S PAL, JIMMY OLSEN 21 (June 1957)--3rd story, "The Wedding of Jimmy Olsen" by Binder, Swan and Burnley; cover art by Swan and Burnley:

That is a great cover just for the crack appeal. I have read that, it was some kind of hoax. Lois was an imposter or it was some kind of trick they were pulling on Superman. I'm 1000% sure they didn't actually date.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    That is a great cover just for the crack appeal. I have read that, it was some kind of hoax. Lois was an imposter or it was some kind of trick they were pulling on Superman. I'm 1000% sure they didn't actually date.
    Jimmy mistook Lois Lane's kind words about him for signs of love and believed she wanted to go steady. His thoughts ran away with him, thinking he would break Superman's heart if he married her, yet how to let her down easy, the poor lovestruck girl. Things seemed to heat up between them and Olsen went down on one knee. Lois couldn't turn him down. Jimmy does dream that he actually married Lois and he fathered six children by her. However, Lois and Superman hatch a plan where the Man of Steel comes between the two lovers. Lois feigns jealousy that Olsen has a closer relationship with the Man of Steel than he has with her and breaks off the engagement.

Watching THE ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN, I've picked up on some sexual chemistry between Noel Neill (Lois Lane) and Jack Larson (Jimmy Olsen). As scene partners, thrown together so often, tied up and held captive in basements and cabins until Superman finally arrives to save them--I imagine they became very close over the seasons.

Lex Luthor was married to Ardora (Tharla of Lexor) from the mid-1960s until her death in the early 1980s. Still, that didn't stop him paying attentions to other women, including Lois. And there was that time where he tricked himself into falling in love with Angela Blake, in the tragic three-parter from ACTION COMICS 510 - 512.

Lana Lang was apparently married with a young son, when she was in Europe as a foreign correspondent. Her son was abducted and killed by the Red Hand.

Clark (Superman) Kent fell in love with and proposed marriage to actress Lyrica Lloyd, before she died of an incurable illness.

Jimmy Olsen and Lucy Lane did get married, under assumed names, but the marriage wasn't legal. They tried again in SUPERMAN'S PAL, JIMMY OLSEN 100 (March 1967)--"Jimmy Olsen's Weirdo Wedding" by Dorfman and Costanza--but vexed by all Jimmy's exes, Lucy got an annulment.

Superman had an après ski with Lorelei in SUPERMAN III.

Incredible Member

Screenshot (69).jpg

I think this about sums up Clark's love life pre-2011. Would be cool to get the question marks taken care of. Like, Clark & Duo Damsel? When did that happen?

For Jimmy, from days of old, I have written down "Jennifer Owens" and "Mira," though I can't find anything on the latter online. Lucy is described though as his on-and-off-again girlfriend, I'm just not convinced he ever had a thing with Supergirl.
    Last edited by Slimybug; 12-05-2023 at 02:44 PM.