Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Heh. We also had cartoons of shows like Gilligan's Island, The Partridge Family, The Addam's Family, I Dream of Jeannie, Emergency!, Lassie, The Odd Couple (The Oddball Couple) and I know I'm forgetting a few more.
    Too many memories. Too many memories. Too many memories.

I have a vivid memory of running out of our house screaming to my Mother, who was hanging clothes on the line, that I had seen a preview of the Gilligan's Island cartoon coming in the fall. I was so excited. Great times.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    The Brady Kids is pretty difficult to watch -- and I'm a big fan of the original show! I think the only episodes I could sit through as a kid (when they first aired) were the ones with Superman and Wonder Woman. The Golden Age design of the character was mostly lost on me then, but today it's obvious which version the design followed. I don't recall much about the Superman episodes, except that I think Superman was carrying a Clark Kent mannequin at some point while painting a building a super speed. But Superman had only been off the Saturday morning airwaves for a couple of years at this point. Wonder Woman made her network premeire on The Brady Kids. The live action stuff and Super Friends came later.
    I was a regular viewer of the cartoon because of the live-action show (I became a fan of the latter from summer reruns ABC was airing around noon that year). I even remember the kids themselves hosting the Saturday morning preview special the night before the premiere of The Brady Kids. Oh, Wondy's Golden Age outfit, like you, had no effect on me, either.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Too many memories. Too many memories. Too many memories.

I have a vivid memory of running out of our house screaming to my Mother, who was hanging clothes on the line, that I had seen a preview of the Gilligan's Island cartoon coming in the fall. I was so excited. Great times.
    Those old preview shows were so great. Seeing Super Friends on the '73 one was so awesome.

Astonishing Member

Oh yeah. I loved those shows. Fortunately, comic books usually featured a 2-page spread for each network showing what would be on Saturday mornings. I didn't see the show with the Brady kids. I heard that some of the actors weren't involved with season 2. Frankly, I didn't think there was a season 2.

I was happy when Super Friends came along, but it wasn't a great replacement for the Filmation shows. It wasn't until they included super-villains in Battle of the Super Friends that I actually enjoyed the series. Even then, physical confrontations were limited due to parental guidance (the reason most of the Hanna Barbera and Filmation super hero shows disappeared in the early 70s).

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Oh yeah. I loved those shows. Fortunately, comic books usually featured a 2-page spread for each network showing what would be on Saturday mornings. I didn't see the show with the Brady kids. I heard that some of the actors weren't involved with season 2. Frankly, I didn't think there was a season 2.

I was happy when Super Friends came along, but it wasn't a great replacement for the Filmation shows. It wasn't until they included super-villains in Battle of the Super Friends that I actually enjoyed the series. Even then, physical confrontations were limited due to parental guidance (the reason most of the Hanna Barbera and Filmation super hero shows disappeared in the early 70s).
    Yeah, even though it was my favorite Saturday-morning show of my childhood, Super Friends would have been so much better without the interference from parents groups.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I think it's part of the Super Friends universe. Which is officially a world in the multiverse.
    I mean towards it being a Brady-verse version of Supes and WW, vs the Bradys being in the DC multiverse....lol

But the Bradys are sort of a multiverse.

Original Brady series Earth ( which includes the Brady Brides series)
    Cartoon Bradys Earth
    Variety series Brady Earth ( cuz fake Jan)
    Bradys series Earth ( the " thirty something " serious version of the Bradys Also, fake Cindy in the Xmas special, fake Marcia in the weekly)

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    I mean towards it being a Brady-verse version of Supes and WW, vs the Bradys being in the DC multiverse....lol

Cartoon Bradys Earth
    Bradys series Earth ( the " thirty something " serious version of the Bradys Also, fake Cindy in the Xmas special, fake Marcia in the weekly)
    Crisis of Infinite Bradys
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

Cartoon Bradys Earth
    What about the parody movies of the Bradys? They should have their own special earth too!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    What about the parody movies of the Bradys? They should have their own special earth too!
    Oh yes!!! How did I forget those?!?

Definitely their own Earth!

Mission magic with rick Springfield was in brady kids also!

Also shazam and isis was in hero high and space sentinels and it's follow up show.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Mission magic with rick Springfield was in brady kids also!

Also shazam and isis was in hero high and space sentinels and it's follow up show.

I actually watched that show back then, but I had totally forgotten it by the time he became a big star in the '80s. I was shocked seeing a clip of the cartoon in this century and finding out I first heard Rick Springfield almost a decade earlier than I thought I had.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Oh yes!!! How did I forget those?!?

Definitely their own Earth!
    Yes! The more Gary Cole we have in this world, the better!
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Astonishing Member

Mission Magic used to run in syndication Sunday mornings in the early 70s. I wasn't a fan, but the lead character/teacher always reminded me of Wonder Woman. I think it was the same voice actor for Wonder Woman on the Brady Kids.

Here's the only clip I could find of the Brady kids (live actors) from that Saturday morning preview. It includes Billie Hayes as Witchiepoo, but someone else is filling in for Charles Nelson Reilly as HooDoo.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHoB1rFlKTI