Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Fall of the House of X #3 & Rise of the Powers of X #3 - Cover art & solicits

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/12/04/ma...powers-of-x-3/

FALL OF THE HOUSE OF X #3 (OF 5)
    Written by GERRY DUGGAN
    Art by LUCAS WERNECK
    Cover by PEPE LARRAZ
    On Sale 3/13

In FALL OF THE HOUSE OF X #3, the end has truly begun! The X-Men have taken all they’re willing to take from Orchis… Now it’s time for them to do the dishing out. Unfortunately, just when it seems like one threat is over…another rises to take its place. The final battle of the Krakoan age rages as two series that are one move toward a crash that will echo across the universe…

RISE OF THE POWERS OF X #3 (OF 5)
    Written by KIERON GILLEN
    Art and Cover by R.B. SILVA
    On Sale 3/27

In RISE OF THE POWERS OF X #3, discover that the real end is never beginning! The past, present and future of Krakoa all rests in a trigger finger. The scenario you prayed would never happen plays out as two series that are one move toward a crash that will reverberate outside the universe…
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Thanks for sharing these JB!

That Larraz cover is especially FIRE.

This bit from the press release also caught my attention:

Gerry Duggan and Lucas Werneck’s FALL OF THE HOUSE OF X sees a classic lineup of X-Men embark on a daring mission to bring down Orchis for good and restore hope to mutantkind. Meanwhile Kieron Gillen and R.B. Silva’s RISE OF THE POWERS OF X takes readers on a sense-shattering journey beyond space and time as an ambitious plan is put in action to prevent the darkest of futures from coming to pass. It’s a who’s who of current mutant mastermind storytellers, and they’re holding nothing back as they close out Krakoa down in epic style and position the X-Men for their all-new era launching later next year!
    I'm hoping "later next year" still means Summer 2024 and we don't get any "interim" runs...

FoTHoX is really just feeling like an extension of X-Men but I have no idea what's going to be going on with RoTPoX.

The Moira and bench cover has upped my excitement even more. Will things be reset due to her death? Who is trying to reset things? Lots of questions.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    The Moira and bench cover has upped my excitement even more. Will things be reset due to her death? Who is trying to reset things? Lots of questions.
    I wish they had kept the same fronting angle as in the scene in hoxpox for the cover. That bench looks awfully short.

Fantastic Member

RoTPoX does seems to imply reset, but IMHO it would be Marvel's mistake to turn several years of stories into alternate reality. Hopwefully it is just a tease.

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    RoTPoX does seems to imply reset, but IMHO it would be Marvel's mistake to turn several years of stories into alternate reality. Hopwefully it is just a tease.
    Maybe they will "soft" reset somethings.

They need to get back those human at the gala.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Maybe they will "soft" reset somethings.

They need to get back those human at the gala.
    Reset but almost everything still happens anyway so there's no canon changes, other than whatever caused Orchis to win.

Fantastic Member

Would've been easier to change resent events with time travel, while the cover suggests reset to the time Moira met Xavier. Maybe there would be a twist and Moira would be revealed as triple agent and is still on the mutant's side and joined Orchis to learn how to defeat them.

Damn was hoping for an Askani / Betsy Braddock cover for FotHoX

Come on universe give it to us

Ultimate Member

Maybe someone resets time to just before the gala with knowledge of the attack and stops it, taking the fight to Orchis first.

Quote Originally Posted by Harasar View Post
    Would've been easier to change resent events with time travel, while the cover suggests reset to the time Moira met Xavier. Maybe there would be a twist and Moira would be revealed as triple agent and is still on the mutant's side and joined Orchis to learn how to defeat them.
    We may see some of that in Dead X-Men. It may be a race of sorts depending on who might be trying to shoot Moira. Gillen mentioned that we'll be seeing that team in Rise.
    Dead X-Men: "The saga will revisit the key moments in realities’ past that paved the way to Krakoa as a team of fallen mutants are sent through history by Professor X on a desperate mission to reverse Krakoa’s fate! It’s an impossible quest that calls for an impossible team."

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    Reset but almost everything still happens anyway so there's no canon changes, other than whatever caused Orchis to win.
    Wonder who pulls the trigger then? That power neutralizing gun was held by Cable on the very first Mark Brooks HoX/PoX promo image… though I doubt that means anything. He’ll be busy fighting “the Neocracy” (whatever they are) in his next mini series along with his younger self. *shrugs*
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

RB Silva is a great artist, but that expression on Moira's face... Was he channelling Greg Land?

RB Silva's O faces are way more tolerable than Land's.