Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Maxwell Lord bit was the most disappointing thing about these annotations, oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Cackled at Moz tongue in cheek, taking the blame for Maxwell Lord being cemented as part of Wonder Woman’s Rogues
    After the performance of WW1984, I'm not sure that's true anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    My big complaint with Morrisons Wonder Woman Earth One is that for a book that as he described in one of his interviews "I wrote All Star Superman as a tribute to my father. I wrote Wonder Woman Earth One as a tribute to my mother"
    It says some questionable things about what sort of tribute he was trying to give her.
    Absolutely agree with everything Fuzzy Mittens had to say in his full comment

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    My big complaint with Morrisons Wonder Woman Earth One is that for a book that as he described in one of his interviews "I wrote All Star Superman as a tribute to my father. I wrote Wonder Woman Earth One as a tribute to my mother"
    It says some questionable things about what sort of tribute he was trying to give here.
    It wrapped up better than it started so I can't say I hated it, I am just baffled by a book which Morrison described as being a celebration of the character which he wrote in opposition to the 'sword swinging axe murderer' interpretation that was prevalent of the times it was written.
    To be honest, Morrison's Earth One was absolutely boring to me. I agree 100 % with all your points, and I am still waiting for a Golden Age-style WW reimagining that ably captures the whimsy & wonder (yes, pun intended) of that time but doesn't reduce it to half-assed attempts at making it "complex" in a completely shallow way. I don't know...I am not claiming I am a literary expert or whatever, but the whole thing bored me to tears.

I'd say its a series I'd like to like more than I actually do. I've re-read it three times now I think and as others have said here; it doesn't strike that Golden Age itch.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut