Thread: Lobo vs Hulk

Default Lobo vs Hulk

Lobo vs Hulk

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Huh. This could end up being mostly a tie. Both are in the Superman weight class of strength, both regenerate at an insane rate, and depending on the version of Hulk in question, both are super intelligent. I guess Hulk can keep getting stronger, depending on the version, but Lobo is usually rockin' some hefty standard gear that might give him an opening advantage. Hmm. Guess it comes down to who can KO the other for the ten count fast enough.

I'm going to say Lobo. I love both characters but I think Lobo would win. I would really love to see a Lobo vs Maestro fight.
    "You address omnipotence. Tread carefully."

Okay, 2 big, buff powerhouses beating the tar out of one another.

Unless Lobo is paid to take a fall, he wins. He is literally banned from dying. He was a menace in Heaven and ran wild in Hell. He even has a certificate banning him from dying. Plus, Hulk isn't anything Lobo hasn't faced before, to be honest. There's a reason why Lobo is paid so well as a mercenary.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Okay, 2 big, buff powerhouses beating the tar out of one another.

Unless Lobo is paid to take a fall, he wins. He is literally banned from dying. He was a menace in Heaven and ran wild in Hell. He even has a certificate banning him from dying. Plus, Hulk isn't anything Lobo hasn't faced before, to be honest. There's a reason why Lobo is paid so well as a mercenary.
    Lobo can’t die but he can be KO’d and Hulk is strong enough to do it.

Ultimate Member

Depends on which Hulk.

I would say that Cates Hulk (that goes into Titan form) is way above Lobo.

Titan straight up wrecked a planet full of solid class 100 Hulk-like creatures while completely no-selling everything they through at him.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Depends on which Hulk.

I would say that Cates Hulk (that goes into Titan form) is way above Lobo.

Titan straight up wrecked a planet full of solid class 100 Hulk-like creatures while completely no-selling everything they through at him.
    What? Lobo's own comics don't count. We don't count crossovers with alternate realities. I'm joking buuuut...

I would think it depends on which Hulk and which Lobo. I remember when Lobo beat Santa Claus and then nuked the world. In some other comic, the writer had a footnote joking that he could not help but notice that no such event seemed to have occurred in the main DC Universe.

I remember an encounter between Lobo and Superman where a guy I knew said that it's being a draw was ridiculous because, in his own comic, Lobo does this, that and the other thing that he should trounce Superman. My thought was that he cannot seriously think that the Lobo of his own comic is the Lobo of the main DCU. The Lobo of his own comics barely, peripherally exists in the main DCU. Granted this is just an opinion and may be very outdated.
    Power with Girl is better.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    What? Lobo's own comics don't count. We don't count crossovers with alternate realities. I'm joking buuuut...

I would think it depends on which Hulk and which Lobo. I remember when Lobo beat Santa Claus and then nuked the world. In some other comic, the writer had a footnote joking that he could not help but notice that no such event seemed to have occurred in the main DC Universe.

I remember an encounter between Lobo and Superman where a guy I knew said that it's being a draw was ridiculous because, in his own comic, Lobo does this, that and the other thing that he should trounce Superman. My thought was that he cannot seriously think that the Lobo of his own comic is the Lobo of the main DCU. The Lobo of his own comics barely, peripherally exists in the main DCU. Granted this is just an opinion and may be very outdated.
    Fair points.

I should actually kind of correct my earlier point since the rumbles default to the current character's status. Hulk just came off of the whole Titan thing and it's still a bit early in PKJ's run that's why I referenced that version of him.

There have been various "Lobos" (including Twilight Lobo...LOL) but I don't know current Lobo's status, with DC being in something of an endless reboot cycle I've honestly lost track.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Fair points.

I should actually kind of correct my earlier point since the rumbles default to the current character's status. Hulk just came off of the whole Titan thing and it's still a bit early in PKJ's run that's why I referenced that version of him.

There have been various "Lobos" (including Twilight Lobo...LOL) but I don't know current Lobo's status, with DC being in something of an endless reboot cycle I've honestly lost track.
    I'm not up on current Marvel. But, traditionally, one thing I always liked was that, at least officially, Marvel has always had the same continuity. The Fantastic Four, Iron-Man, etc., are still the same characters that started in the early 1960s- except that it all happened more recently, differently and the characters have very different attitudes. But, except for all that, the continuity is the same. You know what I mean. For Rumbles purposes, the feats can still be invoked.

With DC, it's reboots and soft reboots within reboots.
    Power with Girl is better.

I will say, in Rebirth Lobo did mention his certificate banning him from dying. How much of that is still in, I don't know. But nothing really conflicts with it either.

Spectacular Member

I will say, in Rebirth Lobo did mention his certificate banning him from dying. How much of that is still in, I don't know. But nothing really conflicts with it either.
    Hulk, according to Immortal Hulk, is also immortal. All the Hulks are. You can "kill them" temporarily, but they'll come back. They'll always come back, through the 'green door'. I'm not sure how Lobo's proof vs. dying works. Though, presumably Lobo (or Hulk) can still be K.O.'ed, which is enough for a match.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagreus View Post
    Hulk, according to Immortal Hulk, is also immortal. All the Hulks are. You can "kill them" temporarily, but they'll come back. They'll always come back, through the 'green door'. I'm not sure how Lobo's proof vs. dying works. Though, presumably Lobo (or Hulk) can still be K.O.'ed, which is enough for a match.
    Well, Lobo has also come back from being a blood splatter and such before. Seriously, that's all that was left.
    Plus, its sometimes included and sometimes not, but apparently only a Czarnian can kill another Czarnian. He did wipe out his whole race, and hasn't really stayed dead since, so, take that how you will.

But yeah, Lobo is literally not allowed to die, even if another Czarnian (his half-Czarnian daughter being the only other one) would land a killing blow (for a Czarnian).

Then we run into Lobo's own lore. Not just him wiping out his own race, but things like killing evil Santa, squishing an entire city (and everyone in it) into a gumball-sized object, then eating it. Being just shy of Toon-Force abilities when he faced off (LOL, that wasn't intentional) against The Mask. Which then brings up, Mask Lobo. Toon Force on top of his own abilities, yeah. That Lobo would Bugs Bunny the Hulk.

Then we run into Lobo's own lore. Not just him wiping out his own race, but things like killing evil Santa, squishing an entire city (and everyone in it) into a gumball-sized object, then eating it. Being just shy of Toon-Force abilities when he faced off (LOL, that wasn't intentional) against The Mask. Which then brings up, Mask Lobo. Toon Force on top of his own abilities, yeah. That Lobo would Bugs Bunny the Hulk.
    He seems like a homocidal Poppeye who doesn't even need spinach.

Although from what I read in this thread, Hulk is kind of ridiculous too nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    He seems like a homocidal Poppeye who doesn't even need spinach.

Although from what I read in this thread, Hulk is kind of ridiculous too nowadays.
    And has a thing for hot women.

But if there is one rule Lobo follows, its that he always keeps his word.