Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Every Character's Romantic History (Who's Dated Who?)

Don't ask me why, but I have a fascination with the soap-opera-esque nature of comics, and who's run around with who over the years.

I have a lot of free time at work, so don't judge me too harshly, but I made a google doc about it, so I'll be sharing some screen pics of that (look for edits to this OG post). But a lot of the research is from so long ago that I'm blanking on the specifics.

For instance...

Wildcat:
    I have two entries: Dinah Drake & Selina Kyle. If Ted was having any affairs in the 40s, I thought it was with Hippolyta. Did he have an affair with Dinah too? Also, I remember, I think it was Catwoman Year One, where it's basically suggested that Ted and Selina trade sex for him training her. Not exactly a "romance" but tell me if I'm missing something.

Tim and Cassie, I know, kissed in Teen Titans #37, distraught over Conner's death, but I don't know if they actually pursued anything like that. And this is all pre-2011. I don't even know how that twisted triangle has worked out in N52/Rebirth/whatever-we're-in-now!

Dick Grayson, in addition to his normal loves, I have a few notes written down...

"A girl he met in law school
    A girl he met in New York
    A girl he met in High School
    Some cop he dated"

Wondering who any of those are.

And that's that. Share questions you have here!

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

The Legion romances off the top of my head:

Ultra Boy - Phantom Girl
    Wildfire - Dawnstar
    Timberwolf - Lightning Lass
    Lightning Lass - Timberwolf, Shrinking Violet
    Cosmic Boy - Night Girl
    Lightning Lad - Saturn Girl
    Bouncing Boy - Duo Damsel (Triplicate Girl)
    Karate Kid - Princess Projectra
    Brainiac 5 - Supergirl
    Dream Girl - Star Boy
    Chameleon Girl - Duplicate Boy, Colossal Boy
    Shrinking Violet - Duplicate Boy, Lightning Lass
    Mon El - Shadow Girl
    White Witch - Blok

Incredible Member

Right on. I have a whole separate document for the Legionnaires. Those young whippersnappers.

Didn't realize Cosmic Boy and Saturn Girl had dated anyone but each other, let alone Saturn Girl dating their BFF Lightnin Lad. Admittedly I'm a layman on Legion, but when did that happen?
    Last edited by Slimybug; 12-05-2023 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slimybug View Post
    Right on. I have a whole separate document for the Legionnaires. Those young whippersnappers.

Didn't realize Cosmic Boy and Saturn Girl had dated anyone but each other, let alone Saturn Girl dating their BFF Lightnin Lad. Admittedly I'm a layman on Legion, but when did that happen?
    They were married and had a son (or two sons?) . Have you read the Great Darkness Saga? They are together in that and the big finale involves Saturn Girl's pregnancy.
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post
    They were married and had a son (or two sons?) . Have you read the Great Darkness Saga? They are together in that and the big finale involves Saturn Girl's pregnancy.
    In that case, I think I was getting it mixed up. I didn't think Saturn Girl and LIGHTNING LAD had dated anyone but each other, let alone their BFF COSMIC BOY! Either way, it just makes things weird. Didn't realize the original trio was a love triangle.

Retired

I used to pride myself on knowing which Legionnaire was with whom. Then Paul Levitz had to spoil all my fun and split them up. Arrrgh!

Vixen and Bronze Tiger dated.
    Vixen is supposedly currently dating Luke Fox (Batwing).
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

Ultimate Member

In the original continuity, later revived as the 'Retroboot' by Johns, Saturn Girl and Lightning Lad are married with one (Graym), two (+Validus?!?!) or four kids (+Dacey and Dorit), depending on whatever the writer was smoking that week.

In the Reboot continuity, it was Saturn Girl and Cosmic Boy, instead.

In the Threeboot, I think Saturn Girl and Lightning Lad, again, although they didn't start a couple, IIRC? Been a minute, and I've slept since then, so I don't remember as clearly.

Ultimate Member

Also, any list of Supergirl's romantic interests that don't include Jerro the Merboy and Comet the Super-Horse is a fail!

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    In the original continuity, later revived as the 'Retroboot' by Johns, Saturn Girl and Lightning Lad are married with one (Graym), two (+Validus?!?!) or four kids (+Dacey and Dorit), depending on whatever the writer was smoking that week.

In the Reboot continuity, it was Saturn Girl and Cosmic Boy, instead.

In the Threeboot, I think Saturn Girl and Lightning Lad, again, although they didn't start a couple, IIRC? Been a minute, and I've slept since then, so I don't remember as clearly.
    Saturn Girl did wind up with Live Wire, their version of Lightning Lad, in the Reboot too.

Incredible Member

After their kiss in JLA #74, didn't WW use like a prognostication machine to see if things would ever work out between her and Batman, and decide they wouldn't? EDIT: Nvm, I found it, it was in JLA #90
    Last edited by Slimybug; 12-06-2023 at 09:41 AM.

Incredible Member

I wish I could just share a pdf on these boards, but here is a screenshot of the first page of my google doc.

Screenshot (530).jpg

Next up is Batman, which will take a lot of space.

Retired

As an adolescent, when I first saw Black Canary in JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA, I thought she was a real purty lady, so I can hardly fault the comic book writers for running away with their fantasies--but it seems like they wanted to attach her to every man standing. Besides Johnny Thunder and Larry Lance, she became involved with Green Arrow and Batman and had a few other men lined up to ask her out. In STARMAN, she was retconned into having an affair with Ted Knight--just because Black Canary and Starman had teamed up in THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD 61 and 62. And because Wildcat happened to appear in issue 62, as well, I guess it's automatically assumed he must have been checking out her fishnet stockings.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I wish I could just share a pdf on these boards, but here is a screenshot of the first page of my google doc.

Screenshot (530).jpg

Next up is Batman, which will take a lot of space.
    At one point Aquaman had a relationship with and Inuit girl name Kako when he was young which was his first love. This resulted in the birth of his oldest son Koryak. Kako was nearly killed by the Deep Six and was transformed into the fire elemental Corona. Most of this was shown in the Peter David Aquaman series from the early 90's with issues 5-8 being where a lot of this comes from.

With DC's screwed up history I have no idea if any of this is still cannon though.

Last edited by Zero Hunter; 12-11-2023 at 09:05 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    As an adolescent, when I first saw Black Canary in JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA, I thought she was a real purty lady, so I can hardly fault the comic book writers for running away with their fantasies--but it seems like they wanted to attach her to every man standing. Besides Johnny Thunder and Larry Lance, she became involved with Green Arrow and Batman and had a few other men lined up to ask her out. In STARMAN, she was retconned into having an affair with Ted Knight--just because Black Canary and Starman had teamed up in THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD 61 and 62. And because Wildcat happened to appear in issue 62, as well, I guess it's automatically assumed he must have been checking out her fishnet stockings.
    Black Canary and Johnny Thunder?

Also, those are two different Canaries you're talking about, ya know. Here's what I have for both of them. I dunno what happened with Johnny, but I put Starman in there based on what you said.

Screenshot (101).jpg
    Last edited by Slimybug; 12-11-2023 at 09:44 AM.