Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    But can’t you see, where would we be if we were not given our monthly dosage of Doom wank? Truly that is what FoX was missing.
    And I like a good Doom wank...but this? This did not deliver the happy ending I was expecting. This was a "I want my money back" experience.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Not sure I care too much about this because I thought Doom was secretly working with Orchis or connected to Orchis. The fight scenes were good and Logan was in character. I guess it's a just setup for the 'final fight'. Not gonna lie but I would rather take this five mutants then Kamala or Ninja kitty.

Mighty Member

I feel that Doom is going to be one of the saving factors against Orchis.

The X-Men kind of looked like dicks here, going to Latveria and kicking off.

I wonder if Doom (or any writers for that matter) remembers Alexander Flynn, a mutant claiming to be his son.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

The art is killer as always, but this issue is just "okay" to me. I love Ms. Marvel, but not in the X-books. I cringe every time she stretches. Hopefully next month will be better.
    FREE CYCLOPS!!
    Mutant and Proud!

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Thanks Malachi. I intended on writing up a spoiler thread but after reading it I lost all will and drive.

With the other core books moving in the direction of endgame, I also didn't quite understand the need to introduce new elements into the mix here. I think the Latverian mutants are pretty cool but with a shrinking amount of issues left in this era they feel forced in. I fear if/when they return before the grand finale they'll feel forced again.

Art is awesome though and as a standalone issue it was fine, just wish it gave us a glimpse into the other ongoing plots (Firestar, Cyclops, Synch and Talon.) Great seeing Logan with Kate again.
    Yeah… I don’t get how Duggan is writing THREE FoX books, but still somehow saving the actual plot progression for FotHoX which really just seems like X-Men 2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    I was dead at Shadowkat being shocked fellow mutants would fight them. Sis are you new?
    hahahaha STAHP hahhahaha.

For me this was a great looking issue with a completely unnecessary story that exists simply as a stall tactic by the X-Office.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Astonishing Member

“You’re a mutant, how can you fight us?”

I see Kathryn’s mid-lord crisis gimmick changes also apparently include ramming her head into a tree for hours at a time as well apparently. How many times has she fought other mutants over the years?

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post

I see Kathryn’s mid-lord crisis gimmick changes also apparently include ramming her head into a tree for hours at a time as well apparently. How many times has she fought other mutants over the years?
    "mid-life edge-lord" becoming "mid-lord" is perfect.

Incredible Member

It is pretty ridiculous that the premier Xbook has become a hate-read now. The X-men book should be the highlight of the entire franchise, not a dumpster fire of forgettable nonsense.

This is definitively a filler arc, but written in the most annoying way possible.

Every character is written to be the most obnoxious possible.

Doom turns into a mansplaining douche-bro, interjecting himself into someone else's conference call.
    Xavier turns into a milquetoast dullard who doesn't know how to handle frat bros, as opposed to his standard douchey self.
    Magneto is suddenly a tech-savvy guy speaking in modern terms about blocking spam callers.
    Wolverine behaves like a rookie. Even if he didn't know the spear was vibranium (which, how did Ms. Marvel know?), he should know that lightning doesn't mix with his metal skeleton.
    Kitty behaves like a simpleton who doesn't phase, tries to use her swords on someone who's skin looks like rocks, and doesn't understand why mutants would fight each other (She conveniently forgot that she wanted to murder fellow mutant Firestar just a few days ago).
    Ms. Marvel is just there to nag as opposed to trying to use her powers to stop the fight from happening.
    Doom's mutants are written like they are X-men First Class teenagers, even though they all seem much older than that.

I think it is safe to drop this series, as I don't even care about the cliffhanger that this issue ended on.

Quote Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
    Doom turns into a mansplaining douche-bro, interjecting himself into someone else's conference call.
    What’s wrong with that? Doom is always in peak douchebag mode when interacting with the x-men.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post

Thank goodness she's not on the Unity Squad .

In her defense, I think she meant “at a time like this.” Meaning when mutants have been basically genocided off the planet.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”