Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    While normally I would agree that mini's should be fully standalone stories, we're in this unprecedented time when almost everything is a mini. Not just in the X-line but Marvel in general. So it's become much more common for threads to be continued in a different book. We're still waiting for the Manifold plot thread to resolve and who knows where that will happen.
    Yup, exactly. R&G mini was a complete waste of time and space to make one dangling plot point, still unresolved. I’m more hopeful for DXM because the writer has a clear POV, stronger voice and competent handling of the characters (the ones left alive anyway). But I don’t see how everything will be tied up in 22 pages. Meat is going to be left on the bone for Duggan to gnaw on for another five-six months.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoPony View Post
    Yup, exactly. R&G mini was a complete waste of time and space to make one dangling plot point, still unresolved. I’m more hopeful for DXM because the writer has a clear POV, stronger voice and competent handling of the characters (the ones left alive anyway). But I don’t see how everything will be tied up in 22 pages. Meat is going to be left on the bone for Duggan to gnaw on for another five-six months.

Exactly. And it’s the same writers that get the opportunity to write ongoings time and time again.

They really should consider the DC approach of having backup stories in their bestselling titles. Or even investing in anthology titles. Cause right now this 4-5 issue mini approach with no hope of continuation is rushing even the best of the bunch like CotV and DXM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    [/B]

Exactly. And it’s the same writers that get the opportunity to write ongoings time and time again.

They really should consider the DC approach of having backup stories in their bestselling titles. Or even investing in anthology titles. Cause right now this 4-5 issue mini approach with no hope of continuation is rushing even the best of the bunch like CotV and DXM.
    I like that approach. You get more bang for your buck that way, proverbially and maybe literally speaking.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    While normally I would agree that mini's should be fully standalone stories, we're in this unprecedented time when almost everything is a mini. Not just in the X-line but Marvel in general. So it's become much more common for threads to be continued in a different book. We're still waiting for the Manifold plot thread to resolve and who knows where that will happen.
    I'm sticking to my guns on this one. I bought this miniseries with the idea that Maddie and Havok would get some spotlight on their relationship. Now that Havok has become whatever he is 22 pages should be enough to provide some clarity on what his situation is. Likewise with Azazel. His history with the St. Croix family doesn't have to be so complex that it requires more than a page and a half to tell us more of what's going on.

If this stuff isn't explained I have a right to be unhappy. I didn't buy for this comic so that I could pay more money to see the story play out in other books that I don't want to pay money for. I've only got so much money to spend on comics. I don't want to pay money for the "honor" of paying more money to read more X-Men by Duggan. I've read enough from him already. I also don't want to have to guess at what comics that I will have to buy to see how this story resolves itself. So on the chance that this story does have more than a few dangling threads leftover I'd at least like an announcement of where these stories will be finished, assuming that there won't be enough space to address what needs taking care of.

Like I said, I really do enjoy reading this book. The writing and character work have been nice. I just want it to end satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I'm sticking to my guns on this one. I bought this miniseries with the idea that Maddie and Havok would get some spotlight on their relationship. Now that Havok has become whatever he is 22 pages should be enough to provide some clarity on what his situation is. Likewise with Azazel. His history with the St. Croix family doesn't have to be so complex that it requires more than a page and a half to tell us more of what's going on.

If this stuff isn't explained I have a right to be unhappy. I didn't buy for this comic so that I could pay more money to see the story play out in other books that I don't want to pay money for. I've only got so much money to spend on comics. I don't want to pay money for the "honor" of paying more money to read more X-Men by Duggan. I've read enough from him already. I also don't want to have to guess at what comics that I will have to buy to see how this story resolves itself. So on the chance that this story does have more than a few dangling threads leftover I'd at least like an announcement of where these stories will be finished, assuming that there won't be enough space to address what needs taking care of.

Like I said, I really do enjoy reading this book. The writing and character work have been nice. I just want it to end satisfying.
    Of course you have the right to feel however you feel, as do all readers. I've never said anything to the contrary. Emerald said there doesn't seem to be enough space to wrap everything up and I said it's possible some things will be picked up elsewhere since that's something that's been happening lately. It was never any deeper than that for me.

Just finished the issue and I loved it. Looking forward to discussing later!
    Last edited by JB; 12-13-2023 at 02:51 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!